You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 30 Year Wait

Bjornebye

Our Greatest Title Win In Our History?   

97 members have voted

1. 1. Our Greatest Title Win In Our History?

36 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It looks like a flare has landed on one of the balconies and there's Evertonians being dramatic and comparing it to the bombing of Dresden. 

Not a good look though. 

Yep. We set fire to "their" building. Knew they would milk this and completely over exaggerate it. They are like a miserable bird who remembers every single thing you've ever done wrong and never shuts up about it as well as exaggerating it even more every time they bring it up.

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Copying in the Echo to his Tweet. Worra grass.

Oh any Everton fan calling "thats awful" is absolutely made up and will happily want the building to burn to the ground as long as it means we get the blame. 

Doesn't make twats being twats right though. 

I’m sorry, but you can’t look at the dickheads on beaches down south and then condone this.

We’ve got good, hardworking NHS staff in local hospitals who’ve been putting their lives on the line and now we’ve got people acting like dickheads. Fuck what Everton fans think. These idiots had their moment at Anfield last night and the council were prepared to sort out a parade in July. This is just stupidity. And Carragher can fuck off as well.

I hope the club comes out and says how bitterly disappointed they are and condemning it.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Looks terrible that but there's nothing there to suggest it was deliberately fired at the building.  If it was that's some aim.

If it was done deliberately, and I think there's a video of another hit knocking about, I'm sure further video proving such will emerge.

Still either way, dickheads for being there, dickheads for taking fireworks and dickheads for cheering. 

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

Looks terrible that but there's nothing there to suggest it was deliberately fired at the building.  If it was that's some aim.

If it was done deliberately, and I think there's a video of another hit knocking about, I'm sure further video proving such will emerge.

Still either way, dickheads for being there, dickheads for taking fireworks and dickheads for cheering. 

Ive put that on the wrong thread. FFS. 

It's daft. It might not have been intentional. But, it looks like it was. If it wasn't, it's still staggeringly reckless. It could've gone through a window and caused an internal fire. All because some scrote probably wanted to look good in front of his mates and try to be the "super Red." 

Being a super Red is doing the opposite of these dickheads. It's celebrating with a degree of decorum. And not dragging down the name of the club shortly after one of it's greatest days. People shouldn't be there today, IMO. But, most of them were likely well behaved. Now they're being tarred with the same brush as a handful of idiots who can't handle their ale (or other substances). 

People will over exaggerate what's happened. But, it's still left a bit of a bad taste to what should be a moment of unadulterated joy. 

15 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's daft. It might not have been intentional. But, it looks like it was. If it wasn't, it's still staggeringly reckless. It could've gone through a window and caused an internal fire. All because some scrote probably wanted to look good in front of his mates and try to be the "super Red." 

Being a super Red is doing the opposite of these dickheads. It's celebrating with a degree of decorum. And not dragging down the name of the club shortly after one of it's greatest days. People shouldn't be there today, IMO. But, most of them were likely well behaved. Now they're being tarred with the same brush as a handful of idiots who can't handle their ale (or other substances). 

People will over exaggerate what's happened. But, it's still left a bit of a bad taste to what should be a moment of unadulterated joy. 

Indeed. 

If it was deliberate I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, there's enough people there with their cameras out. 

Knobheads. Pisses me off because we don't even know if they're football fans, let alone Liverpool fans, or just twats out on the piss thinking it a funny thing to do and "in keeping" with recent events around the country.

But of course people are quick to point the finger and immediately jump to conclusions where we're concerned, it's really shitty because we all know how fast a lie travels. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Well, that’s an end to that. Congratulations to all the dickheads who’ve brought it to this. Couldn’t just leave it at Anfield last night, could you.

The way this current successful period will end is if Jurgen fucks off because of shit like this. I can guarantee he's is well posted off with this idiotic behaviour. 

49 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd like to think that this was neither deliberate nor done by a Scouser. Unfortunately both are likely. The stupid cunts play right into the hands of our critics. The Liver Building is our city's most identifiable and loved structure, not just by locals but people from all over the world,  and some piece of shit does this to it. There's no lasting damage to the builing but it has marred a great moment in our clibs histoty.

I honestly don't know what anyone expected lighting the building up in blue, it's such a bitter move designed wholly to provoke.

The football equivalent of donning an orange sash, walking through a Catholic neighbourhood, then moaning when you get eggs pelted at you.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Great shot though , to be fair.

Oh an absolute corker. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I honestly don't know what anyone expected lighting the building up in blue, it's such a bitter move designed wholly to provoke.

The football equivalent of donning an orange sash, walking through a Catholic neighbourhood, then moaning when you get eggs pelted at you.

Yeah this. Incite people you expect a reaction but.... I don't like bad publicity on us or anything to drag down what we have achieved. Shit like this diverts it. We didn't come back at Villa in the last few minutes for these little shits. 

Oh an eggs? Fucking eggs? 

Not having the lighting it up blue provocation thing. Granted, you have to take into account that people might act irrationally when under the influence. But, we've just won the league. Who's arsed if there's a speck of blue light on the Liver Building? Running the blue provocation mitigation makes us look like them and their unwillingness to eat tomato ketchup and their double checking if their new shirt sponsor's logo is dark orange or red. 

We should just accept that some people who are very likely Liverpool fans have acted like bellends tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yup.

It doesn't excuse the helmet aiming the firework at the building, but the nobheads have spent the last few years making a big deal of claiming the building as theirs, so it's going to be seen as a target.