You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crime and Punishment

New series of 24 Hours In Police Custody started tonight (SPOILERS IN POST!!!!)

Tonight’s episode has caused a lot of controversy on social media. A pair of scrotes trying to break into a blokes garage to steal his motorbike. The homeowner chased them off the property and then jumped in his car and chased after them as they fled the scene on a different motorbike. The homeowner continued to give chase and there was a (potentially deliberate) collision between his car and the scrotes on the bike. The scrotes sustained serious injuries during this collision, to the extent that the police arrested the homeowner on suspicion of causing GBH. 

The homeowner was subsequently charged with and found guilty of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and was sentenced to 22 months imprisonment. He appeared to have no previous convictions. The scrotes were charged with attempted burglary. They both had lengthy previous convictions and received suspended sentences and community service, with the judge commenting that imprisonment would be difficult for them due to the injuries they sustained in the collision. 

For me, the sentencing is perverse. The scrotes should’ve served time too. Regarding the homeowner, I think the decision to charge was correct. As was the sentencing. The police rarely do much when it comes to burglaries, but you still can’t take the law into your own hands. Society would break down if such conduct was permitted. Plus, they’d left his property. By chasing them beyond the immediate vicinity of his home, he was no longer protecting his property and/or family. He had no regard for any innocent party that might’ve been caught up in his irresponsible actions. They didn’t steal anything that he had to chase them to recover. He wasn’t trying to carry out a lawful citizen’s arrest. His conduct appears to have gone beyond defending himself and preventing a crime and had instead strayed into itself being a criminal act of revenge. 

He just went that little bit too far. 

A good watch though. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

New series of 24 Hours In Police Custody started tonight (SPOILERS IN POST!!!!)

Tonight’s episode has caused a lot of controversy on social media. A pair of scrotes trying to break into a blokes garage to steal his motorbike. The homeowner chased them off the property and then jumped in his car and chased after them as they fled the scene on a different motorbike. The homeowner continued to give chase and there was a (potentially deliberate) collision between his car and the scrotes on the bike. The scrotes sustained serious injuries during this collision, to the extent that the police arrested the homeowner on suspicion of causing GBH. 

The homeowner was subsequently charged with and found guilty of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and was sentenced to 22 months imprisonment. He appeared to have no previous convictions. The scrotes were charged with attempted burglary. They both had lengthy previous convictions and received suspended sentences and community service, with the judge commenting that imprisonment would be difficult for them due to the injuries they sustained in the collision. 

For me, the sentencing is perverse. The scrotes should’ve served time too. Regarding the homeowner, I think the decision to charge was correct. As was the sentencing. The police rarely do much when it comes to burglaries, but you still can’t take the law into your own hands. Society would break down if such conduct was permitted. Plus, they’d left his property. By chasing them beyond the immediate vicinity of his home, he was no longer protecting his property and/or family. He had no regard for any innocent party that might’ve been caught up in his irresponsible actions. They didn’t steal anything that he had to chase them to recover. He wasn’t trying to carry out a lawful citizen’s arrest. His conduct appears to have gone beyond defending himself and preventing a crime and had instead strayed into itself being a criminal act of revenge. 

He just went that little bit too far. 

A good watch though. 

Persistent offenders like these 2 exist purely to make other peoples lives a misery. Pair of nasty little peasants, I hope it fucking hurt. I read they’re going after this guy for damages as well to top it all off. They’re on a hiding to nothing if they try to go for loss of future earnings as I’m guessing they’ve never earned a fair days wage in their pointless lives and never planned on it either.
Them and their ilk should be shipped off to an island where they can all live together like rats. And then now and then the rest of us can enter a lottery where the top prize is you’re allowed to be on a fighter plane and press the button to carpet bomb the place. 

Pricks.

• Upvote 2

Just watched that show.  Fucking no justice in this world.  The sentencing for the scumbags was perverse.  The spark has had his life ruined for one moment of madness, the CPS are dicks too, and don't get me started on that tosser of a DI - just a fucking easy case for him.  What a waste of tax payers money.

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Shocking this, he should have reversed over them. If someone comes into your home while your wife and kids are there all bets are off as far as I'm concerned, it's primal shit.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/dad-of-two-jailed-for-running-burglars-off-the-road-blown-away-after-strangers-r/

Interesting that a jury heard the evidence and chose to convict. More interesting still, apparently those nice young men are suing him for £1m.

What a country.

28 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Interesting that a jury heard the evidence and chose to convict. More interesting still, apparently those nice young men are suing him for £1m.

What a country.

They’ll probably get something but it’ll be reduced by how much they contributed to the events.  So I’d say about 90%. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Shocking this, he should have reversed over them. If someone comes into your home while your wife and kids are there all bets are off as far as I'm concerned, it's primal shit.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/dad-of-two-jailed-for-running-burglars-off-the-road-blown-away-after-strangers-r/

They didn't actually enter his house tbf.

I'm in 2 minds.

It's understandable what he did,but he could easily have killed someone driving like that.

I thought he should have got a warning.

The worst part was the scrotes escaped jail because 0f their injuries 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I haven't watched it yet but is it wrong to think that anyone who goes out with the intent to rob another persons home deserves to get twatted by a car? 

There's something specific about having kids in your house while someone is trying to get in, and if you're a bloke I just reckon instinct would take over, completely primal.

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

There's something specific about having kids in your house while someone is trying to get in, and if you're a bloke I just reckon instinct would take over, completely primal.

I went through an armed robbery as a kid when I lived above a pub. I still to this day am aware of any abnormal noise in the house unless I'm passed out pissed. I've spent my whole life since then with a paranoia because of that. We haven't got kids yet but if someone breaks into my house they better do me in because I won't stop until they're pinned on the floor fully or dead.

I don't know if I'd chase them if they got out the house. I wear boxies to bed and my willy pokes out the bottom. They'd probably report me for flashing them and I'd get time and they'd get a slap on the wrist to go and burgle some other innocent cunt. 

• Upvote 2

https://nypost.com/2022/12/03/georgia-fugitive-christopher-spaulding-arrested-after-commenting-on-police-most-wanted-facebook-post/

Georgia fugitive gets himself arrested after commenting on ‘most wanted’ post

December 3, 2022 5:52am 
Spaulding arrested.
Georgia fugitive comments on why he's not on "Most Wanted List," gets arrest.Rockdale County Sheriff's Office / Facebook

This is not a list most would ask to be on.

A Georgia man assisted law enforcement in his arrest after he commented on the Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office’s Facebook page.

When the sheriff’s department, located east of Atlanta, released their “Most Wanted List” for November, Christopher Spaulding appeared offended by the omission. 

ADVERTISEMENT

“How about me” Spaulding asked through his personal Facebook account.

The department was happy to reply on Thursday, saying, “you are correct you have two warrants, we are on the way.” 

Later on Thursday, Rockdale police shared an update to the bizarre exchange. Spaulding, wearing a red Georgia Bulldogs hoodie and hat, was apprehended and handcuffed.

The 40-year-old had two warrants for Felony Violation of Probation, according to police.

ADVERTISEMENT

Facebook post
The Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office was happy to add Spaulding to the list.
Rockdale County Sheriff's Office / Facebook
What do you think? Post a comment.

“We appreciate you for your assistance in your capture!” the department said in the post.

After Spaulding was taken into custody, the Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office reminded wanted fugitives that being left off the “Most Wanted List” isn’t a get-out-of-jail-free card. 

“Our Top 10 is compiled based off of the severity of the charges only. By not being on this list does not mean our Fugitive Unit is not looking for you if you have an active warrant.”

• Upvote 1

On 29/09/2022 at 17:21, dockers_strike said:

Why didnt that Sacoolas woman just accept the summons to appear in court instead of pleading diplomatic Immunity and running back to the US, after she killed that lad by driving on the wrong side of the road?

She probably would have got fined and banned from driving in the UK instead of looking after her own sorry arse and causing his parents untold grief.

8 month suspended sentence. 

Didn't even bother to turn up to court. 

• 2 weeks later...

Spent some time in a prison this week (voluntary work). 2 things that surprised me; it’s a very friendly place but also very dirty. Lots of high fives and fist bumps amongst the inmates, very polite and engaged with the volunteers but also filthy in the non residential areas. The inmates throw their rubbish out of the window and it is just left. I saw rats in the courtyard. A real eye opener. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Spent some time in a prison this week (voluntary work). 2 things that surprised me; it’s a very friendly place but also very dirty. Lots of high fives and fist bumps amongst the inmates, very polite and engaged with the volunteers but also filthy in the non residential areas. The inmates throw their rubbish out of the window and it is just left. I saw rats in the courtyard. A real eye opener. 

Sex work is real work. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1