You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 29/12

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Draw I reckon.

Such a result would mean Liverpool still top of the league, having played the rest of the top 5 away and both City and Arsenal twice. 

It doesn't guarantee anything, but it's a very handy position to be in before the FA Cup fixtures kick in. 

I’m a bit nervous about this game. I think we need to play 4-3-3, to help protect Trent a bit. Would’ve been nice if Milner was fit, as he’d be perfect for that RCM role... Their midfield won out at the Emirates, with Fabinho struggling a bit with the intensity.. This will be a good test to see how far he’s come. I’d love to see Keita start this game too.

9 hours ago, Ginny said:

We willI stiff these cunts about 3-0 

I think Arsenal will score. If we do score 3, it will be a 3-1 win. Arsenal's attack is too good to not score a goal. Would love it if our defence does hold them out though.

They're fucked at the back. Overload their midfield and cut off their fire power and we'll bang these 4-0. 

Early goal wins it for me. Arsenal currently are really good at keeping it level until 70-90 and then sneaking 1/2 goals at the death. They've usually done this against teams that run out of energy which allows their attacking play to become more successful in the dire stages. Put them on the ropes early enough and they'll crumble at the back especially with the injuries they're carrying. 

Just win lads.

Unai Emery has labelled Mohamed Salah one of the “top five players in world football” and admits he was wrong to have doubts about signing the Egyptian while Paris Saint-Germain boss.

The now Arsenal man will get another opportunity to take a look at the one that got away on Saturday evening when Salah and his Liverpool team-mates look to maintain their unbeaten season.

Since moving to Anfield in the summer of 2017, Salah has scored an incredible 59 goals in 78 matches across all competitions.

But Liverpool may never have got the chance to sign the Egyptian superstar – once again linked with Real Madrid – had Emery not had doubts over signing him for PSG.

Explaining why he had doubts about how Salah would cope at a big club, Emery explained: “We spoke about the possibility to sign Salah to Paris Saint-Germain when he was playing at Roma.

“We had some doubts – and then he signed for Liverpool and these doubts he has broken at Liverpool. Now, if you are speaking about the five top players in the world, one is Salah.”

Asked what the specific doubts were, Emery added: “Can he take the performance into one big team?

“For example like PSG in Paris. And today I can say to you…if we signed him, we signed one player in the top five in the world.”

Emery highlighted the signing of Salah – and the later addition of centre-back Virgil van Dijk – as key moments in Jurgen Klopp’s development of his title challengers.

“I remember three years ago they had a problem in their defensive moments and bought some people – for example van Dijk – with a good investment and the result is we are looking at them today and their progress,” he said.

“They are very strong in defence and also they are improving a lot when they bought Salah and now offensively they are a very big team.

“I think the Premier League is now the best and most important competition in the world for the teams, with Spain, maybe Italy and Germany.

“But I think here are the best teams and players and now the leader in the table is Liverpool – and it is because they are doing things very well.”

Emery pulled him at Brighton because he was playing poorly, citing ‘tactical reasons.’  Suddenly its now his knee took a knock. I’m not sure he and Emery are getting along, and Emery looks like he’d happily slip a stiletto between your ribs if you upset him. 

Huge huge game, this is what it’s all about.   Too many years the only thing we’d be doing in the title race is hurting other teams.   This year it’s all in our hands.   

If if we can come through the next two games with a four point lead in tact, we’re laughing,