You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

If the PL don't punish them severely enough, the other clubs should resign and join the football league. Leave City on their own in the PL (unless fellow cheats Everton want to stay with them) while everyone else joins the football league and we go back to divisions one, two, three and four. Imagine that!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

One thing my time on this planet has thought me is that cheats fairly seldom lose. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the PL invented a loophole to let them away with it. Football as we know it is just so corrupt and City are now masters of the corruption game. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

One thing my time on this planet has thought me is that cheats fairly seldom lose. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the PL invented a loophole to let them away with it. Football as we know it is just so corrupt and City are now masters of the corruption game. 

Then they have to answer to the other 19 clubs. Well 16 or 17

People getting way too excited about the potential ramifications of this. You're living in an absolute dreamworld if you think this will result in any seismic change, or stripped titles or relegation. It just won't happen. 

I think the Premier League know the state ownership from the Arab world is going to become more and more prominent and they're simply looking to reestablish some ground rules moving forward in the hope of establishing some integrity.

City will be fined heavily, the implication will be from that guilt that their titles are heavily tarnished and invalid. But they will stand.

City may not be able to appeal through CAS, but there are plenty of other avenues available to them. I guarantee a counter suit for defamation is probably being drafted as we speak. 

1 minute ago, Chris said:

People getting way too excited about the potential ramifications of this. You're living in an absolute dreamworld if you think this will result in any seismic change, or stripped titles or relegation. It just won't happen. 

I think the Premier League know the state ownership from the Arab world is going to become more and more prominent and they're simply looking to reestablish some ground rules moving forward in the hope of establishing some integrity.

City will be fined heavily, the implication will be from that guilt that their titles are heavily tarnished and invalid. But they will stand.

City may not be able to appeal through CAS, but there are plenty of other avenues available to them. I guarantee a counter suit for defamation is probably being drafted as we speak. 

Mate this is 100+ breaches. PL have the backing of the big clubs. It will be big.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chris said:

It won't just be a fine.

What's the point in fining a team with unlimited funds?

I think the worst case scenario is that they will get a massive points deduction. With a two or three year transfer embargo.

Look at how Derby County have been punished by the EFL.

1 minute ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Mate this is 100+ breaches. PL have the backing of the big clubs. It will be big.

Right now it feels big. That won't last. It's not the world we live in. Baddies like them never get their comeuppance in any walk of life. Telling ya, nothing major will come of this.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Megadrive Person said:

It won't just be a fine.

What's the point in fining a team with unlimited funds?

I think the worst case scenario is that they will get a massive points deduction. With a two or three year transfer embargo.

Look at how Derby County have been punished by the EFL.

Transfer embargo, definitely. Perhaps suspended sentences threatening expulsion on the proviso of unlimited access and annual audits to scare them straight.

Yeah there will be a fine too. That's how this happens in the business world. Look at Facebook, Google, et al? The huge fines are nothing to them and well worth it to achieve their goals. 

I'd love to think there'll be serious, epochal consequences, but it never happens. It'd take mass fan action and people don't have the stamina for it and to make a proper stand. Most fans don't/won't care about this. I'd say probably only us and United fans. Even most of those cunts are borderline City fans on account of how it's fucked us over.

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Right now it feels big. That won't last. It's not the world we live in. Baddies like them never get their comeuppance in any walk of life. Telling ya, nothing major will come of this.

Yeah, it's like Everton going down and Chelsea going bust. Will believe the big punishments when I see them. 

Until then, we can warm ourselves at night with the thoughts of fans chanting they are cheaters.

6 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Its essentially fraud. Falsifying accounts etc.

I don't think you're wrong, I just don't think it'll happen. Perhaps the Premier League findings could encourage action under the letter of the law in the way we saw the FBI take on FIFA, etc. Doubt it though. 

5 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

If you were a member of a golf club and you knocked a few shots of your card you cheated and broken club rules you would be gone. Under declaring spending and over declaring income it is just like that

One place I played a fella had a 20 handicap and won everything first year. Turned out he was a member of another club playing off 9. Had to refund the runners up all the prize money and was banned from all local clubs. This should happen.

9 minutes ago, Chris said:

I don't think you're wrong, I just don't think it'll happen. Perhaps the Premier League findings could encourage action under the letter of the law in the way we saw the FBI take on FIFA, etc. Doubt it though. 

You're right.

People don't care and nor do I really.

Even a default title would only be a thing on paper anyway.

Good and fair in principle, but principles after the fact are invariably pyrrhic.

We still lost the titles at the time, in the sad, real world - when we already knew they were cheating.

Nothing especially satisfying to be gained here.

• Upvote 1