You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we remove politics from the GF?

GF + PF  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for all the political bickering threads to find a new home?

• Yes, fuck them off, they’re virtually unreadable and ruining the place.
    • No, keep them. I enjoy reading the same insults being constantly thrown around and the same discussions going round in circles.
    • I don’t care one way or the other.
  2. 2. Does Stig finger cats?

• Yes
    • No

It's explicitly offensive to assert that anyone does that, apropos of absolutely nothing.

In any case, being smarter than someone wouldn't make a person "better". You're seeing a value judgement where there isn't one.

Haha. Here we go again.

I didn't say that being smarter = being better. I clearly listed them as two distinct concepts.

On a seperate note, while the Otterspool suggestion is funny, it's important to remind ourselves that disagreements on a forum should remain just that. On the subject of a poor atmosphere, that includes making sneaky comments suggesting that online stuff might spew over into the real world. It's really strange behaviour. Which I've been forced to compile a couple of "insurance policies" to protect myself against.

Anyway, I won't contribute to another thread descending into silly verbal Pot Shots.

On a seperate note, while the Otterspool suggestion is funny, it's important to remind ourselves that disagreements on a forum should remain just that. On the subject of a poor atmosphere, that includes making sneaky comments suggesting that online stuff might spew over into the real world. It's really strange behaviour. Which I've been forced to compile a couple of "insurance policies" to protect myself against.

Oh, here come the threats.

You can put together whatever bullshit dossier you like, I've not written anything that I need to be ashamed of.

Pathetic.

• Downvote 1

Oh, here come the threats.

You can put together whatever bullshit dossier you like, I've not written anything that I need to be ashamed of.

Pathetic.

There's no threats. Stop lying.

If you want to drop hints that you've potentially been snooping into people's private lives (before I made that alleged racist comment) and sharing that information with Rico, given your past Tweet snitching, did you honestly think I wouldn't take steps to insulate myself from your worrying behaviour.

As I said, there's no threat. I'm happy to keep to heated online disagreements. But, I reserve my right to protect myself.

Love,

Neily.

TLW.

It's hardly a startling revelation given my username, but my real first name is Neil.

Hello everybody. I've bumped the Corbyn thread which clearly shows two posts where Rico and Stronts drop a few (not so very) subtle hints that they know my name. These are posts from 22 July. Just be wary if you get into disagreements with those 2. They'll probably have a little dig around to try and find out stuff about you. Like The Dog did with that bloke who's employer he Tweeted.

It's a really disturbing pattern.

There's no threats. Stop lying.

If you want to drop hints that you've potentially been snooping into people's private lives (before I made that alleged racist comment) and sharing that information with Rico, given your past Tweet snitching, did you honestly think I wouldn't take steps to insulate myself from your worrying behaviour.

As I said, there's no threat. I'm happy to keep to heated online disagreements. But, I reserve my right to protect myself.

Love,

Neily.

Snooping into people's private lives! Haha, get over yourself.

Yes, I'll bet you're happy to "keep to online disagreements" when you can take the piss out of someone's appearance, electoral results etc from behind a veil of anonymity. So sorry I ruined your sad little troll power trip by accidentally working out who you were from (very public) Facebook comments.

As I say, I have nothing to hide. But maybe you should be a bit more circumspect the next time you're thinking of making racially charged comments about someone. Then you wouldn't feel a need to resort to such paranoid antics in the first place.

The answer is changing the ignore preferences settings. It currently has four headings - posts, signature, messenger, chat. It should have another one after 'posts' that says 'quoted posts' that gives you the option of hiding any post with quotes from that poster as well. This would allow everyone to customise their own experience on the site and cut out a massive amount of unnecessary arguments.

It'd also make it so the argumentative ones (myself included) would think twice about how they speak to fellow posters because they could end up with nobody reading what they have to say or responding to them.

• Upvote 1

Strontium Dog, on 09 Aug 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

Yes, I'll bet you're happy to "keep to online disagreements" when you can take the piss out of someone's appearance, electoral results etc from behind a veil of anonymity. So sorry I ruined your sad little troll power trip by accidentally working out who you were from (very public) Facebook comments.

As I say, I have nothing to hide. But maybe you should be a bit more circumspect the next time you're thinking of making racially charged comments about someone. Then you wouldn't feel a need to resort to such paranoid antics in the first place.

Dude. Not cool.

Again.

TLW.

It's hardly a startling revelation given my username, but my real first name is Neil.

Hello everybody. I've bumped the Corbyn thread which clearly shows two posts where Rico and Stronts drop a few (not so very) subtle hints that they know my name. These are posts from 22 July. Just be wary if you get into disagreements with those 2. They'll probably have a little dig around to try and find out stuff about you. Like The Dog did with that bloke who's employer he Tweeted.

It's a really disturbing pattern.

From the person who dug around to find stuff out about me, before releasing it onto the forum. Classic stuff, keep it up.

Oh, and it was his mum.

Yes, I'll bet you're happy to "keep to online disagreements" when you can take the piss out of someone's appearance, electoral results etc from behind a veil of anonymity. So sorry I ruined your sad little troll power trip by working out who you were from (very public) Facebook comments.

You're weird. Haha.

But,I didn't know how you found out information about me. And then obviously giddily PM'ed Rico to tell him (Wahahahahahahahahahahaha!). For all I know, you could've had other information like my address and other stuff, which could be a cause for concern given your history of spiteful OTT acts of real life revenge (or, wasn't it your mates who decided to Tweet someone's employer? - yeah, right!)

Anyway, I'll accept your reassurances that you won't do anything stupid this time, what with the stereotypical posts about Muslims being inclined to kill, tell lies etc that you've authored (you'll deny it - but you have) and I'm happy that you acknowledge that it's certainly more in your interests to keep this relatively civil.

Just one final point. I regret that comment. It was crass and insensitive. But, let's not imply that that comment I made 2 or 3 days ago was the catalyst for your digging. You were digging back on the 22 July...

You're weird. Haha.

But,I didn't know how you found out information about me. And then obviously giddily PM'ed Rico to tell him (Wahahahahahahahahahahaha!). For all I know, you could've had other information like my address and other stuff, which could be a cause for concern given your history of spiteful OTT acts of real life revenge (or, wasn't it your mates who decided to Tweet someone's employer? - yeah, right!)

Anyway, I'll accept your reassurances that you won't do anything stupid this time, what with the stereotypical posts about Muslims being inclined to kill, tell lies etc that you've authored (you'll deny it - but you have) and I'm happy that you acknowledge that it's certainly more in your interests to keep this relatively civil.

Hahaha. Oh no, not the Muslim posts.

Fucking hell, this is desperate.

Don't worry, I won't tweet your mum with links to your posts.

Hahaha. Oh no, not the Muslim posts.

Fucking hell, this is desperate.

Don't worry, I won't tweet your mum with links to your posts.

My mother isn't on Twitter. She shares my views on Israel and the weaponisation of antisemitism, so it's no biggie.

You said I mocked your appearance? Was it the fat head comment that played a part in you deciding to snoop?

Fuck off Nelly and Stronts, I'm bored shitless of your crap feud. This is exactly the kind of thing people are getting bored to death about. Take it to PM because no one else gives a shit.

I will end it soon (not a threat - an effort to improve the atmosphere on here!). I just want clarification on a few matters then I'm done.

Just one final point. I regret that comment. It was crass and insensitive. But, let's not imply that that comment I made 2 or 3 days ago was the catalyst for your digging. You were digging back on the 22 July...

I wasn't "digging" for anything. I noticed, some time last year if I recall correctly, that your posting style was very similar to that of someone who posted on the Liverpool Echo Facebook page. I mentioned it in passing to Rico in June, when he was telling me he thought some people had multiple accounts on here. Big deal.

I've never had any intention of "blowing you up" to anyone, anywhere over any dumb shit you've posted here. I learn from my missteps. If you want to put together a lever arch file of all the times I might have discussed the concept of taqiyya, so you can pretend I think all Muslims are pathological liars or something, be my guest, but you're only wasting your own time.

This is my last post in this thread.

I'd like to clarify these matters then I'm done.

1. The above question about the "fat head" comment?

2. Was it purely a coincidence that you and Rico started referring to me as "Neily" in the space of a few posts? Or did one message the other to gleefully tell that you'd found out information about me? (I think it's the latter. It all adds up. Christ. That's truly hilarious! Ha haha haha haha haha haha haha haha - you two, eh?)

3. Have you painted that front door yet? (JOKING!)

EDIT: I've seen your post above. The issue is finished for me now too.