You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

14 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that Palace really is Zaha’s level. He gets away with murder there.

He needs to move to a big club to add that structure to his game. Loyalty is good but staying at a club like Palace is doing him no favours. They are just awful attacking wise. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He needs to move to a big club to add that structure to his game. Loyalty is good but staying at a club like Palace is doing him no favours. They are just awful attacking wise. 

Thing is outside the top 6 it is all much of a muchness....he's already been at Man Utd and failed.

Would he get in our team? 

Would he get in Chelsea or Arsenal's?

Spurs?

Certainly not City.

Outside of that there is little difference in being at any of the rest really - maybe he might do well elsewhere in Europe.

3 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Watching motd and on the Fulham Bournemouth game a Fulham player (Kamara I think) goes down trying to win a penalty and that Jonathan Pearce absolutely rips into him calling him disgraceful and shameful, wonder if such open criticism would be afforded to Rashford, Vardy or Kane in the same scenario..

Reminds me of one of our FA Cup games v Mansfield (I think), when their keeper blasted the ball from point blank and it hit Suarez’ arm and he went on to score. The commentator said it was a disgrace, he was a cheat, and to rub salt into their wound, he was even kissing the hand that handballed it, something which Suarez done every single goal he scored. Suarez had it hard over here, he did bring some of it on himself but the media were far too over critical over everything he did. Even trivial things got overblown. The cunts.

27 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that Palace really is Zaha’s level. He gets away with murder there.

Why should he be expected to improve?  Everyone knows the only reason his record is so mediocre is because their strikers can't finish and all the mean referees let people kick him despite giving him more calls than any other player in the league.

He's where he belongs.  He'll have the odd good season in one respect or another but probably won't really improve until he gets near 30 and realises that, other than being a bit quicker and a lot stronger, he's the same player he was when United signed him and he actually has to work on understanding the game to succeed.

Someone will drop £50m on him mind you.  Sarri's the only manager in the league that would really worry me if he did (Pep too, but I doubt he'd want him - although he did want Walker...).

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Just no point at all hoping the shite that clogs up this league are gonna do us any real favours.

Top 4 this year could easily need 80 plus pts.

It's mental, especially when you look at La Liga currently for a comparison.