You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Anyone think Jonjo Shelvey is worth another go?

Passing ability is great, through the lines, wonder if he could be developed a bit under Klopp to help us in midfield when teams sit deep.

It was Klopp who sent him on his way, wasnt it?

I think he's probably been Englands best midfielder during the spring. But i think we should look elsewhere.

Neves looks like someone who would be a better fit.

I don’t think they will. I think they’ll buy and be better than they are this season the twats. I’ve given up on expecting them to implode. They never will.

It’s very hard to implode when you’re buying world class players right, left and centre.

So even if an implosion would be nice, I’ll settle for the current situation. A negative narcissist as a manager not getting the best out of them, but doing just about well enough not to be sacked.

It was Klopp who sent him on his way, wasnt it?

I think he's probably been Englands best midfielder during the spring. But i think we should look elsewhere.

Neves looks like someone who would be a better fit.

Rodgers moved him on.

Roma have told Liverpool they will not consider selling Alisson for any less than £87m.

The Brazilian is one of the most sought-after goalkeepers on the planet following his sparkling displays since arriving at Roma from Internacional just two years ago.

Back then, he cost the Serie A club only £6m but, according to the Corriere dello Sport, Roma now believe he is worth well over 10 times that amount.

Both Liverpool and Real Madrid are understood to be keen on signing Alisson this summer but he will not come cheap.

It has been suggested that Roma have told all interested parties that they will only part with the 25-year-old if a club stumps up an eye-watering £87m.

Such a figure would make him by far the most expensive goalkeeper in history, shattering the £34.7m set by Ederson when he joined Manchester City in June.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has been linked with a number of goalkeepers with the long-term futures of both Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius currently unclear.

Seems like a lot of money, but if there was a 100% guarantee that he'll perform and improve to his full potential then he'd be worth it.

90mil seems like a lot but he's you'd for a keeper so we'd have him for the best part of a decade, the 30 odd million Juve paid for Buffon was a fortune back then but 17 years on you can say he was more than worth the money.

I'd rather the money was spent elsewhere, you could get a keeper that's probably 90% as good as Allison for half the price, but if there's a fair amount of cash knocking about and we can get him without compromising on buying outfield players then fuck it, get the lad signed.