You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

It was apparent Jorginho was joining City as soon as he came out with that interview a month or two back. He exuded a pompous sense of arrogance that only Pep Guardiola could instill. It was obvious at that moment that Guardiola was in his ear. 

Asked if Manchester City and Liverpool are after Jorginho, he said on Italian radio station Radio CRC: “Several teams are after him, even Arsenal and Chelsea have asked about him, but I don’t know what Napoli want to do.

”If they want Jorginho, they have to talk to Napoli because he still has two years left on his contract.”

Santos conceded that Manchester City and Liverpool have been in touch with him for Jorginho, but stressed that for the moment it is out of his hands as Napoli have not taken a decision on the midfielder’s future.

He stressed that unless Napoli decide to open any kind of negotiations with one of Jorginho’s suitors he cannot proceed despite being aware that agreeing terms with a Premier League side won’t be an issue.

I’ve been in Brazil for a week and nobody in the club has called to me start any negotiations. Both Liverpool and Manchester City want him and they have called him, but I want to reiterate there are no negotiations as it is up to Napoli to open such talks.

”On the other hand I cannot agree anything with another club if Napoli don’t open negotiations.

”It would not be a problem to find an agreement with English teams of such stature, but that doesn’t mean we already have an agreement.”

Meanwhile, from Neves:

“Right now it’s not good for me to risk a way out. I feel very good at Wolverhampton, I have no reason to leave because I’m going to play in the best league in the world. The fans already know me, the club too and everyone knows what I can do for the club.

“I spent a great year there and I love playing at Wolverhampton. Therefore, I have no interest in going out, because it’s the best for me and for my future.”

“I came to evolve as a player and now that I’m maybe in the best phase of my career it would be a very big risk changing club. This is the right path.”

Meanwhile, from Neves:

“Right now it’s not good for me to risk a way out. I feel very good at Wolverhampton, I have no reason to leave because I’m going to play in the best league in the world. The fans already know me, the club too and everyone knows what I can do for the club.

“I spent a great year there and I love playing at Wolverhampton. Therefore, I have no interest in going out, because it’s the best for me and for my future.”

“I came to evolve as a player and now that I’m maybe in the best phase of my career it would be a very big risk changing club. This is the right path.”

Translated to "Come and get me. It will cost you though."

Got to be honest i reckon Toure would maybe be a decent idea. He will have a point to prove and has the experience we lack in some areas. If Klopp thinks he can get a tune out of him why not. Would have been far more happy looking at bench at times this year if Toure had been a option

Got to be honest i reckon Toure would maybe be a decent idea. He will have a point to prove and has the experience we lack in some areas. If Klopp thinks he can get a tune out of him why not. Would have been far more happy looking at bench at times this year if Toure had been a option

Don't think there's any truth to it. Klopp would be going mental.

• Upvote 1

Is Dembele as good as Sane?

Up until this season, Dembele has looked the more promising. But, Pep is a much better coach than Valverde though, so he's gotten much more out of Sane. Dembele has the higher ceiling in my opinion. Definite ballon d'or potential under a coach of Klopp or Guardiola's quality.

• Upvote 1

Why would Barcelona consider selling him then? Has he not settled?

They want Griezmann and can't afford him without getting rid of someone. There are rumours that Valverde may not rate him that highly either, which makes him a bit of an idiot because Dembele is an absolute freak talent.