You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

There's quite a few face value tickets on twickets.co.uk if you still fancied it mate, boss little website/app for tickets that.

I've just stuck £500 on Groves.

Too short notice now but nice one, I'll use that site in future.

I was tipping Eubank since the fight was made but have changed my mind now and fancy Groves to get the win.

I remember the way Groves completely out muscled Martin Murray who was also a middleweight that stepped up, he was still a big lad and no mug but Groves walked through him so could see Groves doing similar with Eubank.

Groves hasn’t helped himself over the years and has done some foolish things, but I’ve got no dislike for him and think he comes across as an essentially decent fella with a few twattish surface-level cockney traits, personally. That fucking fire-juggling bus entrance, for fuck’s sake!

Always liked the Eubanks and find their arrogance, faux-superiority and quirks far more amusing than dislikable. I’m interested in seeing how far he can go and under normal circumstances would be fully rooting for him.

Despite all that, especially with Froch no doubt hovering smugly in attendance, if not necessarily on the microphone, I fear for Groves a bit tonight should he not be able to keep Eubank at range. Can’t say I particularly relish watching him get slowly broken down publicly, his career more or less finished and having to take his medicine afterwards, again.

Obviously that’s boxing, and I’m probably going soft, but he’s had his share of bad luck and setbacks which he’s come back from...I hope he wins tonight. Well, I do at the moment, but then I can’t hear that fucking brass band playing at this point!

• Upvote 1

The WBSS has been a breath of fresh air, but I worry that it won't work in other divisions as well as it has with cruiserweight and super-middle.  Although the rumour is, it'll be light-heavyweight next year which would be perfect as the division is stacked.  It's slightly annoying that the cruiserweight final Saudi Arabia, I'd have probably travelled to it had they held it somewhere in Europe. 

Anybody off to the fight on Saturday?  I think Groves stops Eubank.

Yeah, I've got tickets.

After they "sold out in 4 minutes" more tickets became available after 10 minutes, so I was able to get them at a reasonable price, too. Don't mind the Arena, but feels like they should have done this at the Emirates, or Olympic stadium.

Would previously have been edging towards Eubank basically as I felt Groves couldn't last 12 at a good pace, but since the Eastwood link-up and the pace he coped with in the Chudinov fight ( albeit only 6 rounds ) I think his better conditioning and weight advantage will see a Groves win.