Gym Beglin

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Interestingly the head of the Irish senate was interviewed yesterday by Holyroods equalities commission and admitted they didn’t know how many people had changed legal sex, that it’d led to people not getting invited for appropriate medical screening (smear tests, breast exams, prostate checks etc).  She also didn’t know how many people had been put in womens prisons but did acknowledge that some men had changed sex after going to prison to get into womens prisons and there was nothing they could do to stop it.  Fucking mental. 

47 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

That’s exactly what transwomen are, men.  This isn’t difficult stuff.  No matter what you pretend they aren’t women. 

I thought I was joking!

On 22/06/2022 at 08:53, Rico1304 said:

‘Birthing people’.  There’s a word for them, there must be. 

seriously? This woman is a standing MP?? 

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Perhaps more worryingly, she's a midwife by trade.

A independent radical (their words) publisher referred to women as ‘womb carriers’ today. Ironically in an article about dehumanising women. 

That went well. 

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Perhaps more worryingly, she's a midwife by trade.

Serious question how does a trans person give birth without a womb?

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Trans men have wombs and can give birth, is the rationale.

You mean women. Only women can give birth. How they identify has just about zero impact on biology. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

You mean women. Only women can give birth. How they identify has just about zero impact on biology. 

I was setting out the argument, not nailing my colours to any mast.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I was setting out the argument, not nailing my colours to any mast.

It’s a weird argument that’s for sure.  

Im sure a brighter mind than mine would be able to find instances of ‘no-one is trying to erase women’ in this thread. 

8 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Trans men have wombs and can give birth, is the rationale.

Does the rationale say where they get the wombs from?

1 minute ago, CapeRed said:

Does the rationale say where they get the wombs from?

They have them from bitrh.

Trans men are biological women who transition to male, sometimes with a hysterectomy, not always.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Trans men are biological women who transition to male, sometimes with a hysterectomy, not always.

Mmm, they are women. They don’t become men. They may think they do, they may ask you to believe they do, but they don’t become men. 

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Aha. Got ya, like the folks who did the ck ad. In fairness though they began life as a a female.

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Mmm, they are women. They don’t become men. They may think they do, they may ask you to believe they do, but they don’t become men. 

There was a big article in the Guardian some years back about a man's journey through pregnancy and the subsequent birth. I stupidly initially thought it was going to be an incredible advancement in medicine, rather than the boring prosaic story it obviously was.

19 minutes ago, Mudface said:

There was a big article in the Guardian some years back about a man's journey through pregnancy and the subsequent birth. I stupidly initially thought it was going to be an incredible advancement in medicine, rather than the boring prosaic story it obviously was.

On R2 this week a man who transitioned at 70 told young women they should accept men into their sports. Completely unchallenged. 

Its fucking mental. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Interestingly enough, it has zero impact on you, or anybody else either.

If someone having a baby doesn't want to be called a woman, why would you insist on calling them what you want to call them, rather than what they want to be called? It just seems dickish.

• Upvote 2