You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fantasy Premier League - Draft Game

Allan

Any room?

Yes. We can have up to 16 in a private league, though 8 appears to be the magic number according to the people at FPL.

I'm out Monday evening, but I'll be back just after 9pm.

Can hold out until beyond 21:00, I should think...

I've created the league for this and have temporarily set the draft for a maximum of 16 players, to be held on the very last day allowed prior to gameweek 1. I can edit the draft date & time, so once we've all settled on a time, then I can make the necessary amendments.

During the draft itself, we can set a time limit per pick, from 30 seconds to a maximum of 2 minutes. I have set this time to 2 minutes for the time being, but can adjust a later date if people feel that 2 minutes per pick is too long.

I'm just about to drop all on the list the invite code for the league, TLW Draft Invitational. Any problems with the invite, just give me a shout.

1. Dynamite
2. DimReaper
3. TrimmTrabb
4. Grinch
5. The Woolster
6. Clarence
7. Babb'sBurstNad
8. Red Dawn

9. Fowlers God

• Upvote 1

9pm monday good for me. Having done nfl drafts I think you should have the time per pick no longer than 45 seconds to 1 minute. It could really drag on with 10+ players having 2 minutes each pick per round. And there is probably 15 rounds?

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

9pm monday good for me. Having done nfl drafts I think you should have the time per pick no longer than 45 seconds to 1 minute. It could really drag on with 10+ players having 2 minutes each pick per round. And there is probably 15 rounds?

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Agreed. 1 minute should be enough time to pick, and yes, there are 15 rounds.

Looks like Monday evening, around 21:30ish would appear to be the best time for the draft to start, as things stand.

I would suggest that folk jump onto the Draft site to familiarise themselves with the layout, and to perhaps create a watchlist of players, just in case you can't make the draft for any reason. This way you'll have more of a chance to get the players you want, in comparison to just allowing the AI to pick for you.

I also think that we should max out at 10 players, meaning we have just 1 more space available to be taken - Though, I'm happy to run a second draft if more people want to jump on board.

I'd be up for this. Should be much better than the normal one, I haven't bothered with normal fantasy league for a while now. 

Do they have any options for a legacy thing as well going into next season? Or is it a case of starting afresh.

Next year we could even do, loser gets first draft pick etc?

Does it give trade options, or runs of being able to drop and select new players like the US sports fantasy things normally do?

I'd be up for this. Should be much better than the normal one, I haven't bothered with normal fantasy league for a while now. 

Do they have any options for a legacy thing as well going into next season? Or is it a case of starting afresh.

Next year we could even do, loser gets first draft pick etc?

Does it give trade options, or runs of being able to drop and select new players like the US sports fantasy things normally do?

Not sure about the legacy option.

From what I gather, the draft order is randomised by the FPL site, so I don't think we could manipulate the draft order, if indeed they did extend this game mode beyond this season.

There are trade options throughout the season using free agency & a waiver system as they do in US sports.

Q: How do I make transfers?

The Scout: After the draft, managers can make changes to their squads in two ways.

They can submit a “waiver request” for a new player or make a direct transfer from the free agents pool.

There are no direct transfers between managers.

Q: What is a free agent?

The Scout: A free agent is a player not selected in the draft. These players can be swapped into squads 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline during the Free Agency mode.

New players added to the game, or players released by other managers, do not immediately become free agents.

Initially, they can only be signed through a waiver request.

Q: What are waivers?

The Scout: Similar to the draft process; a waiver ensures all managers get the chance to pick up new signings or players released by other managers.

You make a waiver request when proposing to swap a player in your squad with an unselected player in the same position.

These requests are processed 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline.

Any number of waiver requests can be made, if you make more than one, they will need to be prioritised.

Q: How do waivers work?

The Scout: A round of waivers runs once a week.

On the waiver deadline, a process will look through all the requests and make the transfers.

The lowest-ranked team will get their first waiver choice.

Before the season starts the waiver order will be the reverse of the draft order.

Once a waiver request is successful, the team in question will move to the end of the waiver queue for that Gameweek.

After waivers are processed, free agency mode will be active until the Gameweek deadline.

chev got in for the last slot in this draft league. (PM sent with invite code)

1. Dynamite
2. DimReaper
3. TrimmTrabb
4. Grinch
5. The Woolster
6. Clarence
7. Babb'sBurstNad
8. Red Dawn

9. Fowlers God

10. chevettehs

If more people want to play, I'm happy to run a second league with up to 10 players.

We could potentially have promotion/relegation between the leagues, if this game mode is extended beyond just this season...?

im in if there is a place going.

There's still only 9 in though FG made one random post in the thread but doesn't seem to have joined

I'll give FG until tomorrow to PM me, or join the the league. If he doesn't, then Moglet is in.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but is there a normal non-draft TLW FF League?

Yes there is. The thread for the normal FPL Fantasy Football is here.