You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2018 Transfer Thread

Anubis

There's a big difference between questioning whether he's good enough to be our second choice striker in an important second half of the season and writing him off. I think he's done well on the whole but he hasn't even scored a goal, has he?

He hasn't but he is getting in the right positions. You know that old chestnut.

Not sure Klopp ruled out signing anyone - just simply pointed out that they have to be good enough. At a time when average players are £30m - seems a fair point. 

I honestly don't understand our fans. Oxlaide signing was loudly criticised for signing a player we didn't need - now, we are all adamant that we need a forward for cover! Is that not Oxlaide? 

Sturridge is still here, so is that not cover for Firmino? 

Well Sturridge likely wont be here

Also Sturridge and Ings have barely played back to back games in what 3 years with any consistency. Other than that are option is a kid that has barely started a league game for us.

Or put Mane/Salah up top and push AOC wide and he is nowhere near as effective.

We are a Firmino multi week injury from being pretty fucked up top

Well Sturridge likely wont be here

Also Sturridge and Ings have barely played back to back games in what 3 years with any consistency. Other than that are option is a kid that has barely started a league game for us.

Or put Mane/Salah up top and push AOC wide and he is nowhere near as effective.

We are a Firmino multi week injury from being pretty fucked up top

Not sure Sturridge will leave, certainly not on loan. He seemed reluctant to let him go. 

But isn't that the point with cover? They very rarely are as effective - Oxlaide has played well wide when asked, West Ham, Burnley, Stoke for example and we've done well. We would need to be very lucky to lose Salah, Mane and Firmino for a length of time, none of them have a history of being injury prone. One out and the others are still good enough. 

Mane, Firmino, Oxlaide is good enough I think, also Oxlaide, Firmino, Salah, also Mane, Solanke, Salah! 

I'd like another player but I can see why we are not looking to bring someone in. 

Dont agree at all

We habe already lost a good amount of goals from the midfield with Coutinho take out one of Salah/Mane or Firmino amd we have very little creative amd scoring cover

AOC has yet to prove reliable scorer

Lallana has never proven to score much,his finishing is probably tbe worst part of his game.

• Upvote 1

Dont agree at all

We habe already lost a good amount of goals from the midfield with Coutinho take out one of Salah/Mane or Firmino amd we have very little creative amd scoring cover

Lallana has never proven to score much,his finishing is probably tbe worst part of his game.

Aubameyang would be sensational IMO. Proper no 9, and we can push Firmino back a bit or even wide.

• Upvote 1

Malcolm looks like he may be on his way to Spurs.

Not that i think he is a Klopp type but everyone else seems to be doing deals to improve and we as it stands are sutting on our arses waiting. Massive fucking gamble. If we miss out on top 4 and her another summer of "they wanted champions league" people will be rightfully livid

Dont agree at all

Well you can just fuck off.............

I think we will be more than fine - better defensively and more solid in midfield, will lessen the need to score as we are doing. And remove any other others we are more than good enough. We have won lots of games with just one or two playing. I'd love Lemar, but not for £90m if that extra £30m loses us a top class keeper. Don't think you are wrong - i'm just choosing to ignore the downside! 

Liverpool pay the following players to contribute next to nothing

Daniel Sturridge - £6.25m

Jon Flanagan - £1.82m

Lazar Markovic - £1.82m

Danny Ings - £3.12m

Adam Bogdan - £0.8m

That's £13.81m per year to contribute the square route of fuck all.

Not true. £13.81m per year gets the following :

Daniel Sturridge keeps the medical team busy and helps to diagnose problems with other players.

Jon Flanagan keeps the media team busy and helps them to practice future problem solving.

Lazar Markovic helps putting the cones out for training and Nivea get wavy hair on their facebook page.

Danny Ings keeps the selfie market going on facebook.

Adam Bogdan sets the minimum standard required of goalkeepers and helps other goalkeepers raise their standards just above it.

It's not a lot of return, I have to admit but there is something coming back.

Well you can just fuck off.............

I think we will be more than fine - better defensively and more solid in midfield, will lessen the need to score as we are doing. And remove any other others we are more than good enough. We have won lots of games with just one or two playing. I'd love Lemar, but not for £90m if that extra £30m loses us a top class keeper. Don't think you are wrong - i'm just choosing to ignore the downside! 

austin_omg.gif

Usual suspects on here chatting wham. Klopp is also chatting wham, regardless how much I love him as our manager. I wish certain lads on here could parse our their support for our manager with sycophantic superfan bullshit.

Its not worth debating on here because you’re instantly labeled a hysterical fanny. Despite every worry or anxiety expressed by these fannies in these transfer threads transpiring exactly as predicted.

Lallana like a new signing (ignoring his history of getting injured often). Ha. Woodburn could do a job (not played a single PL minute this season). Ha. Don’t need to replace our most creative midfielder. Ha. It’s totally fine to rely on Solanke (an extremely talented youngster who has never even played a full PL game) and Ings (who is great at swimming...) in the event Firmino (the hardest working number nine) gets injured. Ha ha ha. We bought AOX so we have cover (despite him getting injured in every single previous PL season). Ha.

All a load of bollocks. I don’t want to hear about how we “should have enough”. How we have to “look at internal options first”. I want us to have some ambition, invest in the squad and ensure we have more than enough.

Before anybody starts talking about buying for the sake of buying, or wasting money, please save it. We have known Coutinho wanted out for at least 6 months. We have more than enough money. We should have identified the right options ages ago.

But we’re just going to wait until the summer. Wait until another one of our top players, such as Mane, leave because they spent the tail end of the season watching us scrapping for fourth and faltering in the CL because Dom fucking Solanke is the player we bring in to win us a game. And hey, we’ve just jeopardized our chances of top four, so we may be trying to reinforce with no promise of CL. Then it’ll be “top targets demand CL football”. Cycle repeat.

Klopp is a miracle worker to have us where we are with the squad we have. I don’t even want big signings or big names. But he needs to reinforce, because our current squad is not adequate to compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So just to make sure I've got this right, we're pissed off we haven't signed a Sturridge replacement when we haven't sold Sturridge yet?

Whether we sell him or not is irrelevant. He isn’t trusted or available or suitable to be an option under Klopp. That has been true for two years.

We need to replace him regardless of whether we sell him or loan him or have a dance with him. The idea of him, or ings, being any semblance of a “back up” is a fallacy.

• Upvote 1

“We now have VVD, so we will concede less, which will counteract the fact that we may score less”

I literally shake my head in disbelief at the amount of bullshit people come out with. Do people think football is math? This is not how football works. Regardless, the hypothesis is flawed because VVD has played one fucking game and we just instated a goalkeeper with ghosts for hands, we have no idea whether we will concede less.

• Upvote 2

Usual suspects on here chatting wham. Klopp is also chatting wham, regardless how much I love him as our manager. I wish certain lads on here could parse our their support for our manager with sycophantic superfan bullshit.

Its not worth debating on here because you’re instantly labeled a hysterical fanny. Despite every worry or anxiety expressed by these fannies in these transfer threads transpiring exactly as predicted.

Lallana like a new signing (ignoring his history of getting injured often). Ha. Woodburn could do a job (not played a single PL minute this season). Ha. Don’t need to replace our most creative midfielder. Ha. It’s totally fine to rely on Solanke (an extremely talented youngster who has never even played a full PL game) and Ings (who is great at swimming...) in the event Firmino (the hardest working number nine) gets injured. Ha ha ha. We bought AOX so we have cover (despite him getting injured in every single previous PL season). Ha.

All a load of bollocks. I don’t want to hear about how we “should have enough”. How we have to “look at internal options first”. I want us to have some ambition, invest in the squad and ensure we have more than enough.

Before anybody starts talking about buying for the sake of buying, or wasting money, please save it. We have known Coutinho wanted out for at least 6 months. We have more than enough money. We should have identified the right options ages ago.

But we’re just going to wait until the summer. Wait until another one of our top players, such as Mane, leave because they spent the tail end of the season watching us scrapping for fourth and faltering in the CL because Dom fucking Solanke is the player we bring in to win us a game. And hey, we’ve just jeopardized our chances of top four, so we may be trying to reinforce with no promise of CL. Then it’ll be “top targets demand CL football”. Cycle repeat.

Klopp is a miracle worker to have us where we are with the squad we have. I don’t even want big signings or big names. But he needs to reinforce, because our current squad is not adequate to compete.

We should be signing someone, but Klopp has shown he wants to wait for specific players. He's here for the long run so he's not going to buy just anybody that's available just because we had a big sale. 

We have to accept this. 

We should be signing someone, but Klopp has shown he wants to wait for specific players. He's here for the long run so he's not going to buy just anybody that's available just because we had a big sale.

We have to accept this.

I don't think Klopp knows what he is doing to honest!