You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If we don't get him this summer he'll go to Bayern or Real next summer. Only chance of us getting him will be if his form collapses for some reason, in which case we probably wouldn't want him, or he gets a major injury, in which case we might not want him depending on how bad it is.

To be honest, his fee is likely to only go one way, up. There's talk of a £48m exit clause kicking in next year but I cant see that reducing his fee.

Our transfer strategy is a shambles.

if we actually managed to get the players to properly agitate beyond more than throwing a strop on instagram maybe just maybe then we might get them for lower

Come on Keita, is it so hard to photobomb the manager's interview? If all else fails, you can always bite your way out.

Guest Alex_K

File with the likes of Diego Costa, Henrikh Mkhitaryan & Mahmoud Dahoud as another convenient summer-long distraction from FSG, about whom we'll never hear a peep of the club retaining interest in after.

The stories that hit this morning pouring water on the supposed tittle tattle that it's almost done seemed too quick for my liking. When there's nothing in a load of twitter bollocks no one bothers to write anything. I reckon it's moving along behind closed doors and then someone shat themselves at the thought of Leipzig getting the hump assuming it was a leak from our end.

I'm willing to bet anything - and by that I mean nothing - that we get Keita in the end this summer.

• Upvote 1

I think we'll get him as well.  Not sure what game Leipzig are playing, but it's impossible for them to keep the lad if he wants to go, and massively risky, because a £70m valuation for a central midfielder is only likely to go down, not up.

They can cash in now for a lot, or they can cash in next season for a lot less.  Either way, they're selling him.  Even if they managed a decent run in the CL and did well in the Bundesliga again, it's a bit 'and what?'.  They'll still be selling Werner and Keita, over the next 12 months.  They need to accept that and start planning on how they use the money to sustain their climb, rather than pin the whole thing on the idea of keeping them two.

I have a feeling we will get both of them in the end, for huge fees, but both would turn out to be a bit underwhelming. VVD will be an improvement on Lovren, but nothing spectacular, and most of our defensive issues will remain. Keita will struggle to adapt under the huge weight of expectations, he will be good, but not a game changer. Our best signing will turn out to be Salah, who will be this season's Mane and we are going to be absolutely lethal to any team leaving us space to run behind their defence. We will continue to struggle with packed defences, but not so much as last year.

Here the crystal ball gets clouded a bit, there seems to be a title challenge, but it may also be that the ball skipped a year.

• Upvote 1

I reckon we'll sign someone off Hull who looks like one of the big eared boys from the farm, then just piss the rest up against the wall.

And by piss the rest up against the wall I do mean use it to buy the former woman and the potato (copyright Nightcat) their own Lear jet.

There's been zero quotes from Keita (yet) wanting to leave. There seems like there's fuck all to go on, apart from Leipzig saying he is not for sale under any circumstance.

'I've always dreamed of playing for the famous Red Devils of Liverpool.'

ce/escenic/content/13277630

The RB Leipzig midfielder is the primary target for Jurgen Klopp this summer, and the Bundesliga runners-up are refusing to budge.

Bild ‘sources’ have claimed an official bid has been submitted, but Ralf Ragnick, Leipzig’s sporting director, is still unwilling to entertain any offers.

Keita is a key player for the Germany and are so far not willing to entertain the Reds’ advances.

An interesting report from German publication Bild has this evening claimed Liverpool have had a €65m offer rejected for Naby Keita.

Leipzig's Naby Keita (Image: ROBERT MICHAEL/AFP/Getty Images)

The RB Leipzig midfielder is the primary target for Jurgen Klopp this summer, but the Bundesliga runners-up are refusing to budge.

Bild ‘sources’ have claimed an official bid has been submitted, but Ralf Ragnick, Leipzig’s sporting director, is still unwilling to entertain any offers.

I have a feeling we will get both of them in the end, for huge fees, but both would turn out to be a bit underwhelming. VVD will be an improvement on Lovren, but nothing spectacular, and most of our defensive issues will remain. Keita will struggle to adapt under the huge weight of expectations, he will be good, but not a game changer. Our best signing will turn out to be Salah, who will be this season's Mane and we are going to be absolutely lethal to any team leaving us space to run behind their defence. We will continue to struggle with packed defences, but not so much as last year.

Here the crystal ball gets clouded a bit, there seems to be a title challenge, but it may also be that the ball skipped a year.

Fucking hell. How are VVD and Keita going to be underwhelming?

2 huge problematic positions for us since Rafa left. Neither Carra or Gerrard replaced with similar ilk.

Yes we're still going to have Mignolet in goal and Firmino up front (not ideal for me) in terms of a strong spine, but it's a fucking good start adding VVD and Keita to that.

• Upvote 2

Its on. 65m Euro bid has been submitted and rejected. Doubt we will bid for a player if we have no chance on getting him. Getting interesting this.

Either you are new round here or you don't understand FSG. Bidding on players that are unattainable is our version of the Everton medical.

• Upvote 1