You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

Great goal haul for Harry Kane tonight though.

Yes, his deflections are definitely breathing down Mo's neck in the race for the Golden Boot.

The spiffing BT pundit panel - enjoying a pint of Director's Special somewhere in London as I write - will be raving about his display this evening.

Very lacklustre from Spurs especially considering the physical and emotional toll of Tuesday night for City. Not many stand out performances for them but at a push I would make Moss their mom , started poorly with the penalty but then favoured them on every other decision , a bit like the Anfield game really.

Didn't want to post it during the game as I was afraid of jinxing, but Kane doesn't offer anything at all outside of his goal scoring efficiency does he ? Checked on the Fantasy Premiership site & he has 2 assists all season , how is that even possible playing where he does on the field ? With the lack of chances England create I would happily bet that he will not score more than 2 goals in the World Cup.

If Kane is upset with the reaction from the wider football world, he should consider his ways. It’s one thing to get stick from bitter rivals. It’s quite another to have neutrals stick the boot in. Not just Premier League rivals either - teams from the lower leagues and in Europe have had a pop through official media channels. Not to mention all the stick from fans.

Have a word Harry.

• Upvote 3

Sterling is sooooo much better in the middle.

Only watched some of it as i fell asleep but i was thinking similar. Other than the increase in tap ins he scores for City.

Is he really any better a player than he was for Rogers playing as a makeshift 10 behind Suarez and Sturridge?

Don't think so myself

Only watched some of it as i fell asleep but i was thinking similar. Other than the increase in tap ins he scores for City.

Is he really any better a player than he was for Rogers playing as a makeshift 10 behind Suarez and Sturridge?

Don't think so myself

Barely.

He's a scuffer, he shins everything, brainless too. It's not only his shooting, he just fucking crap, full stop.

Aside from his goal against City in our run in and a screamer against Norwich he did fuck all for us. He missed a dozen or so open goals though.

Sterling is like diarrhea, he is fast, he is shit and he stinks. The only regret I have about selling him is that it wasn't to Man Utd.

Barely.

He's a scuffer, he shins everything, brainless too. It's not only his shooting, he just fucking crap, full stop.

Aside from his goal against City in our run in and a screamer against Norwich he did fuck all for us. He missed a dozen or so open goals though.

Sterling is like diarrhea, he is fast, he is shit and he stinks. The only regret I have about selling him is that it wasn't to Man Utd.

“Did fuck all” seriously CD you don’t half post a load of bollocks where Sterling is concerned.

He’s a crap finisher, but he’s still scored over 20 goals this season, you don’t do that by being “brainless”.

• Upvote 4

Sterling’s class he just hasn’t got the composure to be a consistent finisher, as for the brainless statement, to score loads of tap ins is not brainless you have to be clever with your movement to make sure your free with space yet still onside all within 10 yards of the goal. His movement off the ball is world class, he’s way better as a 10 than out wide.

“Did fuck all” seriously CD you don’t half post a load of bollocks where Sterling is concerned.

He’s a crap finisher, but he’s still scored over 20 goals this season, you don’t do that by being “brainless”.

You can if you play for a side that creates 100 chances every game.

Sterling's all round game physically and technically is very good. However, he is a truly appalling finisher, and still regularly makes terrible decisions. I think he also gets heavily affected by confidence issues, crowd pressure, etc.

Hugely talented, but hugely flawed. And it is no coincidence that he's at his best when he doesn't have time to think. Because he's fucking thick.