You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester Arena Explosions?

Anubis

Woke up to the news this morning, absolutely fucking awful and as others have said very very close to home. I have two daughters who have been to the Manchester Arena a couple of times for concerts.

What kind of sick twisted mind deliberately targets children? Whats worse for me is that he would have seen the kids he was about to kill as he pressed the button. I don't believe in God, but at times like this I really do hope that there is a hell.

Some weird shit going on on social media, people apparently posting fake appeals for people who don't exist, just had one then from Manchester hospital apparently calling for people to  donate a specific blood group as they have none left? 

You get Farrage and Hopkins when you call anyone a bigot or racist for questioning the motivations of terrorists. They don't mind being labelled that way so stick their heads above the parapet.

They are absolutely coming from a position of racism and bigotry.

Trying to foster this 'us and them' mentality is the exact aim of bombings like this.

Makes me sick not only to see the pointless destruction and loss of life, but the opportunistic backlash from insidious racist cunts.

• Upvote 1

Alison Pearson, Telegraph journalist, on Twitter calling for internment of terrorist suspects. I'm not sure where the bar would be set for what qualifies as a terrorist suspect, as Alison hasn't really gone into detail about that.....

Alison Pearson, Telegraph journalist, on Twitter calling for internment of terrorist suspects. I'm not sure where the bar would be set for what qualifies as a terrorist suspect, as Alison hasn't really gone into detail about that.....

We could put the suspects in orange jumpsuits on a special island somewhere. Great idea.

I don't know how aware people are, the police get a lot of shit but they are doing all they can to prevent and stop terrorism from what I've resd and seen.  You can be arrested, have your passport permanently taken, made to appear every day at a police station, for merely showing any kind of allegiance or promotion for ISIS. It's far from a easy task to undertake, but I don't think they can be criticised overly for what they are trying to do.

• Upvote 2