Quantcast
Chase for the top 4 - Page 8 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Lee909

Chase for the top 4

Our coefficient ranking is 34th. We could face the possibility of playing Nice, Sevilla, Dortmund, Celtic, Napoli, Ajax or Sporting if we finish 4th and the tables stay as they are.

We can't play Celtic, we'll only be up against other non-Champions.

This spreadsheet is worth keeping an eye on:

https://excel.officeapps.live.com/x/_layouts/mobile/mXL.aspx?Fi=SD4FE4712A1E3EA4FA!276&H=emul&C=5_810_BN1-SKY-WAC-WSHI&ui=en-GB&rs=en-US&wdo=2&wde=xlsx&wdp=7&su=5756850649396323578&ad=en-US&sc=host%3d&cy=canary&ak=t%3D0%26s%3D0%26v%3D%21AAEY2%2DpeVXk6VaI%26aid%3D5965a5f0%2D17dc%2D4f5e%2Daebd%2D00bf923d6798%26m%3Den%2Dgb&wdMobileHost=2

Napoli, Dortmund and Sevilla would be a real possibility for us.

I think Man City have another draw in them. If we get three wins we should finish third.

The way we are set up now, without some key players, means the type of football we are playing is less expansive than earlier in the season. We would be better advised to concentrate on getting the three points and seeing where that gets us, rather than going for the goal difference.

If we win three games 1-0 and Man City pip us on goal difference, so be it.

We haven't scored a goal against Southampton in 3 games of trying. And we're not getting 9 from he remaining 9.

We could get anywhere between 3rd or 5th really. We'll need both Mancs to drop points. Hopefully, they will.

My guess is we'll finish 4th.

I would be amazed if UTD got more than 3 points from Arsenal and Tottenham. reckon they come away with 1 or 2.

Arsenal are shite but no way is Mourinho going to be able to field a strong side if Celta test them tomorrow. Tottenham will walk over them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends if Spurs have much to play for. If they drop any points this weekend or Chelsea win again its pretty much over. I could easy see the mance getting 4 points from them games.

We need 78pts then there is fuck all they can do.

No point in thinking anything about them and just try and get a win over Southampton

We bloody owe them one anyway

I can still see us fucking up and still getting a top 4 place due to the others shooting themselves in the foot also, so I'm not that worried about making a top 4 spot.

The one thing that does worry me is getting 3rd - that is a must and we have to make that, but I can see City winning all their games, so we not only have to win ours, we need to get some goals to guarantee 3rd, which on the current form of our strike force, doesn't look too optimistic.

We can probably afford one more loss,  75 points will be enough for 4th although probably not for 3rd. Beat Southampton and I think we will be there as I really do think we will beat Boro in the last game if we need to,. They are utter shite and will be relegated by then, 

3 points Sunday lunchtime and enjoy the Arse / Scum shitfest, The loser is out of it and a draw probably the end for both of them . Hopefully some injuries and a massive ruck to ice the cake

We can probably afford one more loss,  75 points will be enough for 4th although probably not for 3rd. Beat Southampton and I think we will be there as I really do think we will beat Boro in the last game if we need to,. They are utter shite and will be relegated by then, 

3 points Sunday lunchtime and enjoy the Arse / Scum shitfest, The loser is out of it and a draw probably the end for both of them . Hopefully some injuries and a massive ruck to ice the cake

Arsenal & that lot to draw this Sunday, and then Spurs to end their unbeaten run the following weekend.

Arsenal have to travel to Southampton & Stoke, so they're bound to drop points in either, or both of, those games.

I must admit I think Watford was hugely significant in the sense that Manc cunts may pyschologically check out of the league, Celta Vigo ties between away games to Arsenal and Spurs is a horrific schedule. We owe Southampton cunts one.

Man Utd have been in a long unbeaten run. They know how to dig in and keep the opposition at bay. That's the side of the game we are trying to develop a bit more, as it won't always be like the heights we've shown earlier in the season, for various reasons.

Man Utd overdo it though, as while they are unbeaten in a while, they've got loads of draws along the way. I can't see them losing at either Arsenal or Spurs, but I can see them drawing both. The one slight concern is the cynical attacking play that's coming to the fore now.

For example, Rashford went right down in my estimation (not that he cares!) when he dived to win a penalty at the weekend. It was dead wrong, but I see that side of Man Utd growing in an effort to try to get the wins on the board.

We need to take care of our own business and we'll be OK, but I see two draws coming up for them in the league, and hopefully Celta Vigo will knock them out of Europe.

I was just reading about the qualifying round we'd go into if we finish 4th which would be seeded.  There are 5 seeded teams and 5 unseeded and seeding is based on club ranking.

If the leagues finished today then the top 3 ranked sides guaranteed to be in the final qualifier would be Sevilla, Dortmund and Napoli.  Of the teams who would go into earlier qualifiers Ajax, Zenit and Kiev would all be ranked above us too if they got through to the final qualifier.

And if Real Madrid won the Champions League but not the Spanish league any of the teams still in the Europa League would also be seeded above us in that round if they win it apart from Celta.

So unless Dortmund and Napoli finish strongly there's a big chance of us being unseeded and getting a bad draw if we finish 4th.

• Upvote 1

Pity we can't play someone like Steaua Bucharest like city did last season.

The Mancs got a piss easy draw last year before dropping into the Europa

Depends if Spurs have much to play for. If they drop any points this weekend or Chelsea win again its pretty much over. I could easy see the mance getting 4 points from them games.

Spurs have an unbeaten home record to defend, They won't roll over for the Mancs or Mourihno 

Is it the top 3 in the Bundesliga seeded?

If so Dortmund are only a point behind Hoffenhiem who they plsy this weekend

Also Roma are a point ahead of Napoli and have Milan smd Juve in the next two weeks