You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Darts Championship

The Golden Eel

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He plays hockey as well? Scenes 

Ex Rugby player. Thought he could bully folk in a nightclub and got sparked out with one punch. Read the link a page or two back mate. 

Don't know much about Aspinall but hope he beats MVG. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Elite said:

If Van Gerwen wasn't a professional darts player he'd be on The Undateables. 

I've seen a few interviews with him in a relaxed atmosphere back in Holland and he actually comes over as a real nice bloke. I just can't warm to his on stage gurning/pumping. I don't mind him winning against certain players but in general don't go out of my way to want him to win. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

I've seen a few interviews with him in a relaxed atmosphere back in Holland and he actually comes over as a real nice bloke. I just can't warm to his on stage gurning/pumping. I don't mind him winning against certain players but in general don't go out of my way to want him to win. 

He probably is a nice bloke but he does look like he's made out of play-doh and all that gurning only exacerbates it.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

He probably is a nice bloke but he does look like he's made out of play-doh and all that gurning only exacerbates it.

Indeed, Holland's version of Wallace. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Aspinall playing well but totally fucked that last leg up and indeed a few chances in other legs. 

MVG doesn't look on top form and hasn't the whole tournament. 

Guest Pistonbroke

That was some checkout under pressure. 

Aspinall will be relieved to win a 5th leg decider for a set. He's been guilty of playing the opponent rather than the board in the other deciders. Game on now, MVG looks disinterested at times. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Aspinall determined to fuck up on throw when it counts. Has his chances but keeps blowing them. If MVG shows this inconsistency against wright in the final he won't win....if he gets there. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Wright V MVG final it is, repeat of the 2014 final.

Wright has the better tournament averages but it should be a cracking final. If MVG plays like he has so far I fancy Wright. I want Wright to win, but not overly arsed if MVG gets another title. At least that cunt Price isn't in it. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Price took to Twatter to whinge about Wright. This from the player who has been warned and fined several times for bringing the game into disrepute etc, a player who said he wanted to get rid of his bad boy image and has repeatedly slagged the fans off. What an absolute twat.