You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom (H), 5:30pm, 22/10/16 - F**k Tha Pulis!

Trumo

Won the game. Opponents didn't shit themselves and gift us a few bonus goals, good on them. They are an established PL side, notoriously hard to handle with an excellent record against us in recent years. We beat them, 3 points, done, dusted. Next!

You cannot lose the game after it has finished.

• Upvote 2

Yeah but in other news, arsenal failed to score. Oh and so too did spurs! Other teams have other deficiencies. None of them are perfect.

It just seems some people expect Liverpool to win, when we do its Liverpool should be perfect when winning. When we do that, its Liverpool should be perfect when winning and not conceed. When we do that its, Liverpool should be perfect when winning, not conceeding goals and scoring every half chance!

There's a bit of that for sure, but then also pointing out areas we could improve lest it bite us in the arse in future matches.

For example, we're the top scorers in the league but I think we could really do with one or more of the central midfielders chipping in with goals on a regular basis.

I am made up where we are at the moment,count your blessings I say,scoring lots of goals,team spirit appears to be sky high,great manager.

I think teams who come and so called 'park the bus'are paying us a huge compliment.It says to me they fear our quality and know their team are inferior and can't cope with us,they fear us,dont get me wrong,they can set up however they want and it's up to us to work out a way through,but fingers crossed,it looks like fortress anfield could be returning.

We've been facing a parked bus in at least 15 home games a season for years and years now. Used to fuck me right off how the smaller teams in the league would go to Old Trafford and shit themselves, be beaten before they even stepped on the pitch, then come to us and defend like 10 Franco Baresis for 90 minutes.

The only time I've seen regular bed shitting from the smaller teams at Anfield was in 13/14 when they fucking knew a parked bus was gonna do fuck all to stop us scoring.

This is what Klopp was talking about when he said "gegenpressing is the best playmaker there is" though isn't it? Don't give the shithouses time on the ball even to hoof it up to a big bastard of a striker. Get in their face as soon as we've lost it, move it quickly and gaps will open up.

Actually, Ings would have been great.

Is Klopp protecting Sturridge value by not dropping him for Ings?

I think he's making sure Ings is 100% ready to make a contribution before getting him involved in league games. You saw how much Sturridge struggled against Swansea so I'm sure Klopp doesnt want Ings to be the same,and potentially be carrying two players in an area where we are flying at present.

Yeah but in other news, arsenal failed to score. Oh and so too did spurs! Other teams have other deficiencies. None of them are perfect.

It just seems some people expect Liverpool to win, when we do its Liverpool should be perfect when winning. When we do that, its Liverpool should be perfect when winning and not conceed. When we do that its, Liverpool should be perfect when winning, not conceeding goals and scoring every half chance!

Well said.

Football is a game, not a science, all that you can aim for is to get much more right than wrong, and Klopp is doing that.

Oh do fuck off the pair of you. You just chat shit and seem to think we're playing fifa 2017 in real life. Moan, moan, fucking moan.

I'll concede I was wrong about Karius if he gets us through the Palace game until then I am entitled to think he's a liability. Other than that I am very happy with the way we are playing and as for chatting shit well enough said. 

I'll concede I was wrong about Karius if he gets us through the Palace game until then I am entitled to think he's a liability. Other than that I am very happy with the way we are playing and as for chatting shit well enough said.

Hes already seen us through 5 games without a defeat,including Man U and a Pulis team. After Palace it will be another team and another team etc. Its fine to admit that you dont rate a player but nothing Karius has done wrong so far has led to a goal. His distribution is also excellent it seems Klopp sees this as key to the team's success.

Hes already seen us through 5 games without a defeat,including Man U and a Pulis team. After Palace it will be another team and another team etc. Its fine to admit that you dont rate a player but nothing Karius has done wrong so far has led to a goal. His distribution is also excellent it seems Klopp sees this as key to the team's success.

Mate, he's barely had a save to make and has looked really shaky. The doubts are completely reasonable.

Previous posted said it really he's had nothing to do yet.

I picked the Palace game because they have two out and out wingers, good ones, and a fired up Benteke with a point to prove. It will be a huge test for the lad,

It does probably appear churlish to complain about him whilst were top of the table and playing some great football and he is miles better with his distribution than Mig but every team in the league will be alert to his high ball weakness now and try to exploit it. I don't want to see us losing silly games or Karius having his confidence shattered that's all, 

If he steps up in the cross claiming department I'll be delighted to say I was wrong

I

Wouldn't normally care if people moaned, but this thread is hilarious. We were exceedingly comfortable for 85 minutes of the game and even when they scored with their first shot on target we stayed strong and could have scored two more right after. The complaining is over the top.

We're first in the league in goals scored and in fewest shots conceded per game. We are as good as it gets right now so people need to realize this and just chill. 

Yeah, definitely... Coming back fro  behind against Swansea, holding on yesterday, we'd probably not have got 6 points from those positions last season. The shithouse element from last year and before seems (I'm not getting carried away) to be dissipating. We're being tested and coming out the other side, I'm happy about that. But for a good keeping performance from Foster, we'd have been out of sight yesterday. Very little to be negative about at the minute

• Upvote 1

We have shown a little bit of everything you would want to see so far:

Can blow teams away

Can grind out results when not playing great

Have come from behind to win

Have overcome alehouse and anti football...or at least not lost.

Been away to the top sides and won.

Held on when it has got a bit tricky...

Positive signs - Klopp will keep them grounded and working hard and not let them get carrued away.

It had been a very good start - hopefully we can kick on.

One negative point is that we do seem to struggle when we have an injury in the areas where we don't have a lot of depth.

One negative point is that we do seem to struggle when we have an injury in the areas where we don't have a lot of depth.

The full back situation looms large as a worry - even with Milner doing a good job replacing the moron...Clyne has no cover.

Wr aren't deeply covered at centre half either.

Rest of it is decent and no Europe helps - but I would say we could do with a bit luck on the injury front defensively over the season and it is definitely our potential problem area.

The full back situation looms large as a worry - even with Milner doing a good job replacing the moron...Clyne has no cover.

Wr aren't deeply covered at centre half either.

Rest of it is decent and no Europe helps - but I would say we could do with a bit luck on the injury front defensively over the season and it is definitely our potential problem area.

I reckon if Clyne was out Milner will go to right back and Moreno will play

Centre back we've klavan and lucas (good move by Klopp yesterday bringing him on for the last few minutes where he made some timely interventions).

Left back there's moreno (yeah i know but Klopp's working on him). Right back may not be covered so much off the top of my head.

• Upvote 1

I notice they scored a minute after Olsson got away with that insane challenge on Matip, how the fuck did the officials miss that? It wasn't one of those 50-50 ones it was all Olsson and as blatant as it could possibly be. It looked like he was trying to get Matip in a choke hold. If that has been given and we'd converted the penalty at 3-0 that would have been that. If we'd lost points yesterday it would have been soley down to terrible officiating, nothing else.

• Upvote 1

I notice they scored a minute after Olsson got away with that insane challenge on Matip, how the fuck did the officials miss that? It wasn't one of those 50-50 ones it was all Olsson and as blatant as it could possibly be. It looked like he was trying to get Matip in a choke hold. If that has been given and we'd converted the penalty at 3-0 that would have been that. If we'd lost points yesterday it would have been soley down to terrible officiating, nothing else.

Seems like they were giving penalties for these situations early in season and now seem to have more or less stopped.