You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs

SlugTrail

Just now, Pidge said:

I think they want someone who'd get them playing attractive football. Simeone would just be another Mourinho for them.

"They" being the fans? The squad? The club as a whole?

Simeone is about a thousand times a better manager than any of the attractive football types they might be able to get to the club but he would probably just end up battering Levy and leaving after a few months.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

I think they want someone who'd get them playing attractive football. Simeone would just be another Mourinho for them.

You're probably right, although he'd do much better than the Mourinho of recent years. 

Advanced talks with Conte apparently. Surprising that he'd go there, but hilarious too that one of the picks of the bunch would be out of the reckoning for the Man United job. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

You're probably right, although he'd do much better than the Mourinho of recent years. 

Advanced talks with Conte apparently. Surprising that he'd go there, but hilarious too that one of the picks of the bunch would be out of the reckoning for the Man United job. 

He would eventually, can't see Skipp and Winks being a great defensive screen for them, mind. Don't think Simeone has any desire to manage in England, mind you. Even if he did he would be at loggerheads with the media from day one.

47 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

"They" being the fans? The squad? The club as a whole?

Simeone is about a thousand times a better manager than any of the attractive football types they might be able to get to the club but he would probably just end up battering Levy and leaving after a few months.

The fans and Levy, I think. The style seems to be the sticking point as, after all, he is only just out of the European spaces with a decent run of games coming up.

Just now, Pidge said:

The fans and Levy, I think. The style seems to be the sticking point as, after all, he is only just out of the European spaces with a decent run of games coming up.

I do wonder how much those first few wins might have flattered them a bit. Essentially, I don't think the sacking is quite as harsh as it seems.

Levy and Kane have fucked them. The former seemingly didn't have a plan beyond "He stays unless arbitrary figure is met" and the latter has clearly chucked his toys out of the pram because he didn't get his way in the summer. 

12 minutes ago, Pidge said:

They're about to get Conte, and they had Mourinho and Nuno before that. You might not get 3 uglier managers than that. Surely the people inside the club don't care about style if that's who they go for. 

Nuno was sacked because he clearly wasn't good enough and was initially their 3rd choice. They could barely create a couple chances per game. 

14 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I do wonder how much those first few wins might have flattered them a bit. Essentially, I don't think the sacking is quite as harsh as it seems.

Levy and Kane have fucked them. The former seemingly didn't have a plan beyond "He stays unless arbitrary figure is met" and the latter has clearly chucked his toys out of the pram because he didn't get his way in the summer. 

I genuinely believe Kane's legs have gone. He is like Torres. Obviously he would score in a team like City with all the chances they create but he can't even get space these days. Levy should definitely have cashed in

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

They're about to get Conte, and they had Mourinho and Nuno before that. You might not get 3 uglier managers than that. Surely the people inside the club don't care about style if that's who they go for. 

Nuno was sacked because he clearly wasn't good enough and was initially their 3rd choice. They could barely create a couple chances per game. 

Right, but these things take time, probably as much a matter of Levy not really wanting him in the first place. 

Conte is negative as well, yes. Must be expecting a big January if he joins.

7 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I genuinely believe Kane's legs have gone. He is like Torres. Obviously he would score in a team like City with all the chances they create but he can't even get space these days. Levy should definitely have cashed in

Yeah, I think the time to get rid was in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Right, but these things take time, probably as much a matter of Levy not really wanting him in the first place. 

Conte is negative as well, yes. Must be expecting a big January if he joins.

Levy ruled him out initially because he was going to demand too much in salary and in transfer market.

Being the shrewd businessman he is it will now cost them even more money.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Exactly this. Spurs will always, always find a way to fuck up anything good which comes their way. 

However, any hope United have of quickly jettisoning Rice Krispy for a credible football manager just plummeted.