You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris shootings

Lee909

8 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

They do when the point is valid and have challenged you on it.  Rather than trying to obfuscate it, hide under the notion of irony or sarcasm and then crying about it and running off to Dave, how about you address it

This pace has always seen a certain element of mob rule, with individuals targetted if they don't fall in line with the prevailing thoughts or ideas.  I see the same righteous mob jump in with their virtual pitchforks, not to address the points but to address the individual, as usual. 

Pace accusations don’t count 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Someone decided that it would be alright to let him out, pending trial. I know hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but fuck me that's a bad call.

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

If it was just 'foreigners' he could have simply picked a spot anywhere in Paris. I reckon it has more to do with 'dark skinned' people myself.

27 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If it was just 'foreigners' he could have simply picked a spot anywhere in Paris. I reckon it has more to do with 'dark skinned' people myself.

He went down to St Denis first to enact revenge on the little scrotes that ran wild before, during and after the Champions League final, but there wasn’t enough people around so he headed for the Kurdish centre. 

8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is it? British people are foreigners to the French. German,Spanish,etc. too.

Brits abroad aren’t foreigners !!!! There ex-pats! It’s only the non British that are (insert whatever bigoted shit you want about non British white Caucasians) 

• 5 months later...

France stabbing: Children attacked by knifeman in Annecy park - BBC News

France stabbing: Children attacked by knifeman in Annecy park

Four very young children have been stabbed in a park near Lake Annecy, in France's south-east, the interior minister says.

Police overpowered and arrested the attacker, Gérald Darmanin said.

Reports say the children were aged about three years old and at least two were in a critical condition.

Regional deputy Antoine Armand described the attack as "abominable" and French prime minister, Élisabeth Borne, is on her way to the scene.

Mr Armand said authorities were investigating and knew "very little", but his thoughts were with the victims and their loved ones.

Local officials earlier said six children were injured in the attack, but authorities later confirmed there were six victims in total, including four children.

The suspect is believed to be a Syrian refugee, according to reports from Le Parisien, BFM TV and AFP quoting police sources.

He attacked the children - some in pushchairs - as they visited the park, before fleeing the scene and stabbing an elderly man nearby.

Police intervened and the perpetrator was shot in the legs.

France's National Assembly has observed a minute of silence and roads are blocked around the scene of the attack.

President Emmanuel Macron tweeted that the nation was in "shock" over the "act of cowardice".

Former Liverpool football player Anthony le Tallec was on a run in the town at the time of the attack. He said he heard people yelling "Run! Run!" and watched as the police chased the alleged attacker down after attacking an elderly man. He said he then continued his run along the lake, where he saw the injured children on the ground.

"It's crazy to have this in Annecy", he said.

He also claimed police were delayed in their response to shoot the man with the knife.

Another woman, Eleanor Vincent, told the BBC she "knew something horrible had happened" as she approached the lake.

"People were going about their business or on their holiday, as I was, and it's just shocking. I have no other way of describing it."

If I'm reading this right, Le Tallec was running, someone tried to stab him but he pulled a Neo so an old bloke got stabbed instead, and Le Tallec carried on with his run. Can't fail to be impressed by that. 

“He wanted to attack everyone. I moved away and he lunged at an old man and woman and stabbed the old man,” Anthony Le Tallec, a former professional footballer who was running in the park, told the local Dauphine Libéré newspaper.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Teacher killed in France school stabbing - BBC News

Teacher killed in France school stabbing

A teacher has been killed and two people have been seriously injured in a knife attack at a school in France, officials say.

Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin said the attack happened at the Gambetta high school in the northern city of Arras at about 11:00 local time.

The attacker has been arrested and is now in custody.

According to witnesses, he shouted "Allahu Akbar", or "God is greatest", during the attack.

The person killed was a French language teacher. Those injured were another teacher and a security guard.

The man, described as being in his 20s, is of Chechen origin and known to the security services for his involvement with radical Islam, according to police.

French media reports say he was a former pupil at the school.

The French anti-terror prosecutor's office says it has opened an investigation following the attack for "murder in connection with a terrorist enterprise" and "attempted murder in connection with a terrorist enterprise".

News channel BFMTV has reported that the brother of the attacker has also been apprehended by police.

• 1 month later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67604591

Paris attack leaves one dead and one injured

One person has died and another has been injured in an attack on a street in central Paris.

France's Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin said an attacker had targeted passers-by in the Quai de Grenelle area.

He added that the assailant had been arrested and the injured person was being treated by emergency services. He also asked people to avoid the area.