You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

Spot on! Fine when it was all about trade, I haven't got a problem with someone in Belgium wanting to sell someone in Spain a box of potatoes on the cheap, but fuck off with your laws and politics!

Pointless this, but what laws and politics have they enforced on you that you hate so much?

Spot on! Fine when it was all about trade, I haven't got a problem with someone in Belgium wanting to sell someone in Spain a box of potatoes on the cheap, but fuck off with your laws and politics!

Yeah! Stop refusing TTIP and sign up to it you resistant fuckers! Do as we say or we are going it alone!

You can shove your working time directive and human rights up your arse as well!

Guest Pistonbroke

Pointless this, but what laws and politics have they enforced on you that you hate so much?

Immigrunts.....

Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah! Stop refusing TTIP and sign up to it you resistant fuckers! Do as we say or we are going it alone! You can shove your working time directive and human rights up your arse as well!

Plus all those unworthy areas getting money from the EU which their own Government would never give them. 

It's how the UKBA/Home Office interprets them. Well, they do when I work for them processing asylum claims.....

Wrong.Its how the EU interprets them. The Dublin arrangements are what the EU members agreed to but dont let that get in the way of facts.

• Upvote 2

Yeah! Stop refusing TTIP and sign up to it you resistant fuckers! Do as we say or we are going it alone!You can shove your working time directive and human rights up your arse as well!

What type of administration needs a human rights act or a work tine directive?

The uk has never had a hunan rights act and to name but one law it changed before the hra was the aboloshion of capitak punishment.

The work time directive puts in law the right to 28 paid days holiday per year. The uk had these laws before the eu got involved.

Employers would listen to their employees on any matter regarding changes to the rule other wise their woukd be strike action.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Liverpool got garden festival.

Would the eu have paid for that?

Liverpool in general have done well out of EU projects. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Quote football in General aint allowed. Thems the rules.

I was on about how many times you've been twatted today you utter fucking loon. Honest.

You are still a loon who can't take having his arse kicked. 

I was on about how many times you've been twatted today you utter fucking loon. 

Havent been twatted once today as you put it. I cant help it if some of your acolytes have been proved wrong time after time. If people cant recognise the EU's own directives, that's their bad not mine.

Liverpool in general have done well out of EU projects.

Wasnt trade with europe that started the decline of the docks in liverpool?

The area was decimated because of trade agreements with Europe if these trade agreements had never happened then the city would never have become an EU charity case.

So for what ever the EU may or may not have given Liverpool it pales in comparison to what the EU has taken from this city.

Wrong.Its how the EU interprets them. The Dublin arrangements are what the EU members agreed to but dont let that get in the way of facts.

You can admit that you're wrong just once, you know?

It's entirely up to the country in which the applicant claims asylum in to make the decision whether to process the asylum claim in that country or whether to suspend the claim and instead transfer it to a relevant third country under the Dublin Regulations.

Where there's evidence to say that a person has been in a third country (let's say France for arguments sake) such as the applicant admitting to that fact during his screening or asylum interview, the UKBA normally won't see this as being sufficient evidence of both presence in a third country and an ability to claim asylum in that country to enable the asylum claim to be transferred to that third country. It's only when there's cast iron evidence of presence in that third country and that they've encountered the authorities in that third country, such as their records showing up on the EURODAC fingerprint database to indicate that they've been fingerprinted in that third country, that the UKBA will seek to argue that an opportunity to claim asylum in the third country was possible but not taken. This would then result in the transfer of the case out under the Dublin Regulations.

If the only real evidence of presence in a third country is the applicants say so, then the Dublin Regulations won't be invoked and the worst that'll happen is that the overall credibility of his claim being attacked under the provisions of section 8 of the Asylum and Immigration (Treatment of Claimants, etc.) Act 2004, which is done on the basis of (hypothetically) if you were fleeing Syria because ISIS thought you were a spy, you would've claimed asylum in the first safe country you entered, and that you didn't claim asylum in the 3 months that you stayed in the Calais jungle area in France for serves to damage the overall credibility of your claim that you are a person in need of international protection.

If the Dublin Regulations are not applied how I said, why was this blokes claim processed in the UK, with him being granted asylum, when there was evidence that he'd been in France, in that he'd entered the UK through the Channel Tunnel? Why even start processing his claim and then go even further to grant him refugee status when they could've just stopped his claim right at the start and transferred him to France?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/04/sudanese-man-who-walked-into-the-uk-via-channel-tunnel-is-granted-asylum&ved=0ahUKEwjQpI64n9PNAhVmD8AKHS1gCiAQFgggMAE&usg=AFQjCNEQqEyLi_sFBtQNEj_dTdkxKPMrNA

You don't really know what you're talking about, do you Jimbo?

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Havent been twatted once today as you put it. I cant help it if some of your acolytes have been proved wrong time after time. If people cant recognise the EU's own directives, that's their bad not mine.

Your reply doesn't surprise me, at least you are consistent with your bullshit. Back to ignoring you now, better all round I reckon, no point trying to debate anything with you or your multiple egos. 

Liverpool got garden festival.

Would the eu have paid for that?

Not how it works, the EU doesn't give the funding for individual projects it provides cash as part of the ERDF (520 700 million between 2007 and 2013 for the North West) and that get's allocated domestically by the NWDA under the NWOP.

Here's a starter for ten on the projects that were funded.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/427583/ERDF_North_West_list_of_beneficiaries_April_2015.pdf

Oh look, no dead cat bounce either! even the FTSE250 was up 1.2% although it still have room to recover. Interesting UK companies who list their profits in dollars are able to report greater profits.

"For example, while the banking sector has generally been battered by the Brexit vote, shares in the global bank HSBC which reports in US dollars are up 3.4% since the referendum.

The weaker pound has also boosted exporters because it makes their goods and services more competitive in overseas markets."

Unfortunately the same recovery cannot be said for EU bourses (stock exchanges)

"Other European bourses were also struggling to regain their pre-referendum levels, with traders citing worries about the impact of Brexit on the rest of the EU, where some commentators fear a domino effect with other countries heading for the exit.

Italy’s main share index, weighed down by fears over some of its banking stocks, is down 9% since the referendum."

This week’s rebound was a sharp contrast to just a week earlier when investors woke up to the news Britain had voted to leave the EU

3844.jpg?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

A demonstrator wrapped in a European flag leaves an anti-Brexit protest in Trafalgar Square in London Photograph: Justin Tallis/AFP/Getty Images

Katie Allen

Friday 1 July 2016 18.34 BST Last modified on Friday 1 July 2016 22.01 BST

The prospect of interest rate cuts and a flurry of bargain-hunting by stock market investors has helped the FTSE 100 shrug off the Brexit vote to hit a 10-month high.

In a strong start to the second half of 2016, the index of London-listed bluechip shares finished up 73.5 points, or 1.1%, on the day at 6,577.83. That built on solid gains clocked up over the previous three days and left the FTSE 100 up 7.2% over the week – the biggest weekly rally since late 2011, when hopes for a solution to the eurozone crisis had fired up the FTSE and other stock markets around the world.

FTSE 100.

This week’s rebound was a sharp contrast to just a week earlier when investors had woken up to the news Britain had voted to leave the EU. The referendum outcome last Friday caught traders off-guard after opinion polls had led them to bet on a remain vote. On the day the victory for the leave camp was confirmed, a record $2.08tn was wiped off the value of global shares.

But markets quickly stabilised in the days following the vote as investors saw the low prices of some stocks as a buying opportunity and as other stocks rose in the wake of the Brexit vote.

Shares in miners have been boosted by a rise in demand for precious metals, seen as a safer asset to hold in uncertain times. There were also big gains for companies that get a substantial amount of their sales from overseas thanks to a fall in the pound.

The drop in sterling, which has plumbed 31-year lows since the referendum, flatters the finances of those companies that report their profits in dollars. For example, while the banking sector has generally been battered by the Brexit vote, shares in the global bank HSBC which reports in US dollars are up 3.4% since the referendum.

The weaker pound has also boosted exporters because it makes their goods and services more competitive in overseas markets.

The latest fillip for stock markets came from the Bank of England governor’s strong hint on Thursday that interest rates could be cut within weeks and that policymakers were also ready to use other tools to shore up business and consumer confidence. Mark Carney said he believed “some monetary policy easing will likely be required over the summer”. In other words, official borrowing costs could be cut from their already record low of 0.5% as soon as a 14 July Bank policy meeting.

The prospect of official interest rates falling as low as zero increased appetite for shares, said Laith Khalaf, senior analyst at Hargreaves Lansdown. “The stock market likes falling interest rates though, and indeed the accompanying fall in the pound, so understandably the Footsie rose on the back of Mark Carney’s comments,” said Khalaf.

“In a world where you have to pay money to lend to the government, an investment in the stock market which pays you 3-4% a year looks attractive, even if it can be volatile.”

But there were doubts over whether stock markets could sustain their rally given the backdrop of political uncertainty in the UK and signs of a slowdown in the global economy that emerged long before the referendum.

“The big question is if the FTSE and [other stock markets] can hold on to the momentum they have accrued in the past few days, or whether the ongoing issues in the property and banking sectors, as well as the general sense of uncertainty that seems to be everywhere but the markets at the moment, will prove to be too much,” said Connor Campbell, analyst at spread-betting firm Spreadex.

While the internationally diverse FTSE 100 is at a peak for this year, the more domestically focused FTSE 250 of mid-sized companies has yet to return to its pre-referendum level. Seen as a better proxy for confidence in the UK economy, that index closed at 16,565.49 on Friday, up 1.2% on the day, but down on its 17,333.51 level the night the polls closed on 23 June.

Other European bourses were also struggling to regain their pre-referendum levels, with traders citing worries about the impact of Brexit on the rest of the EU, where some commentators fear a domino effect with other countries heading for the exit.

Italy’s main share index, weighed down by fears over some of its banking stocks, is down 9% since the referendum.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jul/01/ftse-100-defies-brexit-turmoil-and-hits-10-month-high

Guest Pistonbroke

Not how it works, the EU doesn't give the funding for individual projects it provides cash as part of the ERDF (520 700 million between 2007 and 2013 for the North West) and that get's allocated domestically by the NWDA under the NWOP.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/427583/ERDF_North_West_list_of_beneficiaries_April_2015.pdf

Wasting your time mate. 

Not how it works, the EU doesn't give the funding for individual projects it provides cash as part of the ERDF (520 million between 2007 and 2013 for the North West) and that get's allocated domestically by the NWDA under the NWOP.

Keep reading that bollocks and you may start believing it. A few fancy titles along with a bit of flap doodle jabawokie and i cant see how or who it benefits or who that is meant to appease; is it the average uk family working class person or the middle class university grads and graduate wannabes who are believing they are going to lose some money?

Why publish an article or a brochure that threatens why or how you will lose money?

Your reply doesn't surprise me, at least you are consistent with your bullshit. Back to ignoring you now, better all round I reckon, no point trying to debate anything with you or your multiple egos. 

It was 10 last time you exaggerated so the only bullshit is from you. As always.