You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Election Day/Night

dickie mint

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk Saaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeee!

Now I've let that out of my system. Well I hoping that the Conservatives will at least bother to have a cabinet reshuffle to get rid of the cavalcade of incompetence and corruption. Knowing the left's luck, no doubt Gove will inveigle his way back into one of the offices of state.

It's good to see McVey and the Orange book twats getting a kicking, pity Clegg didn't lose his seat to top it off.

• Downvote 1

My mum is a carer for my sister and step dad. I am genuinely worried about them and am gonna have to start putting some money away I reckon.

The fact this comes after the 2008 crash says a lot, it's been a smash and grab by powerful people who feared the game was up.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Not if they want to win an election they don't.

Of course they do, trying to be Tories in red coats will get them nowhere. Another 5 years of Tories raping the country and increasing the death rate in the vulnerable will change the minds of the younger voter who will hopefully be a lot wiser about politics. 

I do realise that Labour have been moving away from the working class since the 80's. 

UKIP got the angry vote from a mixture of the old who seem to move further right the older they get and young people who who haven't got a clue and are impressed by knuckle dragging racist bastards and Farage who loves to be seen in the media supping pints and smoking tabs, UKIP can fuck off!  Do you honestly think if the electoral system changed they would get the same % of the vote? They will go the same way as the BNP eventually. 

I fully agree with the rest of your post. 

I voted for UKIP, I'd like to think I'm better informed then a lot of people. Not a knuckle dragger and I'm in my late 20s. Why did I? Well all the three main parties just sound so similar and polished. When Farage speaks he talks sense and answers question, instead of speaking and saying nothing.

Secondly I dont want open door migration with the EU, our current policy would be like the US having open bonders with Mexico....

I'd think that anybody who cares about the poorest would want the same thing, as unskilled immigration depresses wages by 10-15% https://ideas.repec.org/p/crm/wpaper/0803.html

The racist card gets played far too easily these days. What is so wrong with not wanting open/free immigration with Europe? 

I really dont know if people would vote the same if the system changed, maybe more would vote UKIP, Green, Lib Dem if they knew their vote wouldn't be wasted?

As long as UKIP can help highlight issues in the electoral system and Europe, i'd be fine with them fading. But they are now the third biggest party (by popular vote), I really dont see them folding like the BNP.

My mum is a carer for my sister and step dad. I am genuinely worried about them and am gonna have to start putting some money away I reckon.

The fact this comes after the 2008 crash says a lot, it's been a smash and grab by powerful people who feared the game was up.

I hope it doesn’t come to it  Sec, but I would be hugely surprised if they don't start making serious inroads into the complete privatisation of healthcare.

There are already hints of it where I work, all the signage in the hospitals that have been replaced/updated have been that  for the private wards/outpatient areas, they haven't changed the NHS stuff even if erroneous. Our catering staff are now all with Sodexo (the quality of food has notably reduced) who have taken it upon themselves to completely alter all the staffing rotas without informing nurses or clinicians (to save money) when some of these people have good working knowledge of what patients require in the wards they operate in.

Our high cleaning audit of the isolation cubicles the other day was dreadful as Sodexo (who've also taken over the cleaning contracts) aren't training/paying the staff who do it well enough, the ward manager said she wanted to go to an outside contractor but that the contract was designed so that if anyone else came in and did the work in place of Sodexo the hospital would be fined.

Saw a private patient completely haranguing someone from security yesterday "I never come to NHS hospitals because they have more diseases in them, why has my father been transferred here"- well love it's because private hospitals don't have the expertise and are basically glorified hotels, who have to refer everything back to the NHS that disgusts you so much.

• Upvote 1

I predicted this shit. The time will come for direct action.

I'll give you another prediction. Three years of massive cuts could lead to a nurses strike, the country won't last two weeks when it happens. tory voters will see then the carnage they voted for.

The women of this country have changed the course of history before, they'll do it again.

When the day comes its imperative that we all give them our full support.

Mum works in A&E and for the past 6 monyhs they have been getting busier and busier with beds in hallways. Im sure this has nothing to do with at least two other local hospitals having there A&E departments closed.

More of the same to come.

Sisters a nurse,hope she fucks off somewhere her skills might be appreciated.

Mum works in A&E and for the past 6 monyhs they have been getting busier and busier with beds in hallways. Im sure this has nothing to do with at least two other local hospitals having there A&E departments closed.

Same for us, local hospitals are closed and now outpatients is overflowing, our patient pathways (i.e. routes to and from triage) have had to be completely altered due to A+E closures as well.

Guest Pistonbroke

They are deliberately underfunding the NHS so it buckles and so they have an excuse to privatise it. 

Was watching the alternative election on channel 4 and fair play to Mehdi Hasan how he didn't slap that gloating cunt Louise Mensch I'll never know...I've never hit a woman in my life but I would gladly smack her smug tory face all day long

Was watching the alternative election on channel 4 and fair play to Mehdi Hasan how he didn't slap that gloating cunt Louise Mensch I'll never know...I've never hit a woman in my life but I would gladly smack her smug tory face all day long

She's a Murdoch cunt aswell.

A depressing night.But ultimately, Miliband secured the leadership without the endorsement of the PLP or membership, and that lack of confidence was justified.

He didn't deserve to win it by default or any other way, he got in on the back of the unions and then shits all over them straight away, alarm bells should have went off after that. Oh and he walked straight into the Tories Snp trap the fucking idiot.

Problem is I can't see anyone in the entire party that looks like a leader, they are all just buzzword wankers and the next leader will be exactly the same, not an ounce of conviction.