You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

That would be a great price to get for him the problem is I have absolutely no faith in Rodgers or our scouts to spend it wisely. 

We should be trying to get a mobile striker in the mould of Sanchez / Suarez type but we'd probably blow it all on a static lazy striker ex. Carroll / Balotelli type.

• Upvote 1

If true, I think that's an awful move for him. No chance he has the brains to play in a Guardiola team.

Couldn't disagree more, he's a very intelligent and intuitive player. The fact that he's in poor form for a team that's playing like a bag of dicks doesn't change that.

• Upvote 1

If this is true we have to spend all the money on a new striker. The likes of Ings and Origi are fine for me as part of the four, along with Sturridge. But we need someone to come in and be our main man up front - someone with pace, movement and good finishing. Several other teams - who can offer more wages than us, and who are in the CL - are also on the lookout for a striker, so it won't be easy. But there are surely 4-5 names who we should be looking at who fit the bill. 

Sterling to Bayern sounds strange though. I can see how they could do with it from a footballing perspective, with their other wingers getting older, but Sterling strikes me as a London boy; and if not London, then somewhere like Man City for the money. I could be wrong, but he doesn't strike me as the sort to travel and embrace the different culture and so on.  

I just think we are letting our annoyance over a cocky young kid getting a barrel load of cash lead us into a really bad decision to jettison him.

He looks mentally shattered at present & he has been thrown under the bus by his agent in a big way & Rodgers to a lesser extent ( Letting 3 strikers he bought sit on the bench all season while a tiny number 10/winger gets lumps kicked off him up front by yard dogs )

£150k a week sounds a lot but it is £15m over 2 years by which time, if supplemented by a few decent additions he could be amongst the best players in Europe. 

Other than Philippe, I can't suggest anybody else in the squad where that is even a remote possibility.

• Upvote 1

I just think we are letting our annoyance over a cocky young kid getting a barrel load of cash lead us into a really bad decision to jettison him.

He looks mentally shattered at present & he has been thrown under the bus by his agent in a big way & Rodgers to a lesser extent ( Letting 3 strikers he bought sit on the bench all season while a tiny number 10/winger gets lumps kicked off him up front by yard dogs )

£150k a week sounds a lot but it is £15m over 2 years by which time, if supplemented by a few decent additions he could be amongst the best players in Europe. 

Other than Philippe, I can't suggest anybody else in the squad where that is even a remote possibility.

£150K a week is a hell of a lot for a player who converts or crosses 1 in maybe 20 chances, and falls over like a tart at the slightest touch.

Ibe is, or is going to be 10 times the player this scrote will ever be, but unless we get a manager who lets him have a run of games instead of sticking with RS, then we might never know for sure.

Queue the " hes only 18, 19 20, whatever who love RS the money grabbing twat, no matter how many times he doesnt actually do anything with the ball.....

Hahaha, he thinks he's Torres or Suarez with that attitude, when in actual fact, most couldn't give a fuck if he left or not - we've been playing with 10 men the last few months anyway (well, 8 or 9 if you include Lovren etc, but I digress).

Let him run down his contract in the ressies or offload him to some naive foreign club.

Cheerio.