You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nivana Vs Foo Fighters

Remmie

83 members have voted

1. 1. Foovarna

• Foo Fighters
    • Nirvana

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Hmmmm.

One By One started well enough but I couldn’t tell you a song after Times Like These. Even Grohl doesn’t like that album.

In Your Honour, I don’t think I could tell you a song after Best Of You. 

Wasting Light, I thought it was boring but I appreciate Walk & These Days would be liked by the masses.

Although I get they are very good live, I think even their shows are bloated & boring now. I appreciate it might be great if you’re there, but I was bored watching them on TV at Glastonbury.

Fuck these 2hr 30mins gigs with a huge drum solo, acoustic section, Rick Astley & 20 minute medley’s -  strip 45 mins out the gig, get back to no fucking about and stick to the bangers. 

Fair enough. 

Rick Astley was Reading wasn't it? 

This is the best I saw the FF. Leeds Festival in 2000. On about 4pm, only had 45 mins & were fucking great (even if they did play Learn To Fly - most overrated song ever). 

The whole day was running late & as soon as they hit their assigned running time, the sounds got turned off on them during Everlong but they kept on playing and the crowd (mainly through the drums) kept singing and bouncing away.

A7047F44-D529-420C-B298-F028ACF8F35A.png

They have been a middle of the road rock band for people aren't that into rock, for decades. 

I did see them live at Reading back in 2000 and they were a great live band. I'll check out their new album when it's released but like the others pretty sure I'll listen once or twice and it'll be forgotten. 

Seem like a good good bunch of guys though. Would be a cushty band to be in.

Get paid shit loads, travel the world in private jets and top hotels and take a few years off between albums to spend with the kids, plus no one you make music with seems to be a cock. 

Living the dream.  

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 30/01/2021 at 15:01, Scott_M said:

This is the best I saw the FF. Leeds Festival in 2000. On about 4pm, only had 45 mins & were fucking great (even if they did play Learn To Fly - most overrated song ever). 

The whole day was running late & as soon as they hit their assigned running time, the sounds got turned off on them during Everlong but they kept on playing and the crowd (mainly through the drums) kept singing and bouncing away.

A7047F44-D529-420C-B298-F028ACF8F35A.png

Learn to Fly is a dog of a song. I absolutely fucking hate it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Thats is absolutely superb. I keep seeng these comments "life is healing" about a fight in Wetherspoons or some piss head at the football bit this..... this is life healing. Dave Grohl is one of the greatest men on the planet. "I saw your momma dancing" 

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry I meant that article had a link to the article I posted where he doesn’t seem that upset about it one bit 

Ah. My bad. Misunderstood.

Either way what a cunt he is. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You’d like to see Grohls lawyer leave him crying in a puddle of his own piss for being a money grabbing cunt but you never know in America 

Just leave him alone in a room with Courtney Love. She'd either fuck him to death or beat him to death. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

So in other words the crying cunts is taking legal action cause the rest of Nirvana won't be his friend. Fucking prick

20210825_130729.jpg

He's said 'reaching out' there so hopefully he recreates the photo again and drowns, the fucking piece of shit.

• Upvote 2