You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

First choice right back

Pureblood

?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

The longer Flanno is out, the better he gets. People forget he was pulled in his last regular season game, the must win against Newcastle, in favor of Aly Cissokho. Hardly a ringing endorsement by the manager.

Then again he only has to be better than Johnson. Given a choice between Flanagan and Manquillo, I'm sure Rodgers will take the former - at least until he pulls him again.

The longer Flanno is out, the better he gets. People forget he was pulled in his last regular season game, the must win against Newcastle, in favor of Aly Cissokho. Hardly a ringing endorsement by the manager.

Interesting point. I don't think Rodgers rates him as highly as some of our fans. Although Rodgers hasn't exactly shown that he's a sound judge of defenders in general.

Quite surprised at the poll results, actually. Thought it would be a lot more even.

• 3 weeks later...

Manquillo was good today I thought. Doesn't lose his man as much as that quilt Johnson and he doesn't try cut in and hit a supporter like that quilt Johnson and he doesn't look like that quilt Johnson and overall he isn't that quilt Johnson.

Starts every game for me.

• Upvote 1

Last year our great form and title-challenge was launced as Flanno broke into the team with that fantastic goal against Spurs. He was a regular as we battered everyone and almost clinched the title. Now, with Flanno injured, we are struggeling again.

This has led me to conclude that Flanagan is our most important player and essential to our performances. Forget Suarez or Sturridge, it's our young scouse fullback that pulls all the strings.

Last year our great form and title-challenge was launced as Flanno broke into the team with that fantastic goal against Spurs. He was a regular as we battered everyone and almost clinched the title. Now, with Flanno injured, we are struggeling again.

This has led me to conclude that Flanagan is our most important player and essential to our performances. Forget Suarez or Sturridge, it's our young scouse fullback that pulls all the strings.

Simplistically forgetting about those powerhouses of the campaign, Mignolet and Johnson.