You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Becoming a dad for the first time

redheart

Congratulations best thing that will ever happen to you.

Of course I’m sure your natural desire for truth will mean a DNA test is on the cards.

He looks enough like me, although much cuter and less weathered for me to be convinced.

Brilliant stuff mate, the combination of relief and excitement is next level isn't it?

Looks like a ruddy good egg does Joss.

Just that. And fear, I managed to sleep a bit last night without worrying that every breath was him somehow choking!

• Upvote 1

Get him in his own room ASAP.

Yep. We had ours in their own rooms from the word go and sleep worked far better in our house than that of virtually every other parent we know. You hear them when they need you but aren’t disturbed by every tiny noise. Plus they sleep better too as they get older.
  • Upvote 2

They tell you in the hospital now that they need to stay in your room for a minimum of 6 months.

You’ve changed.

Our experience was that having Izzy in the room meant we reacted to every little snuffle and sigh. Fucked our and her sleep up. Got her in her room after speaking to a mate and it was the best thing we did. Can still hear crying but not every move.

They tell you in the hospital now that they need to stay in your room for a minimum of 6 months.

They told us 3 months I think but after about 2 we gave her her own room and had a baby monitor. Another benefit of doing this way is one of you can soothe them back to sleep while the other one rests.

Yep. They tell you all sorts like it's the most definitive, life or death information ever. And then it changes a few months later and that becomes definitive. For example, it went from 3 months to six months on solids between our two and both were fine doing to the same way (3/4 months).

Yep. We had ours in their own rooms from the word go and sleep worked far better in our house than that of virtually every other parent we know. You hear them when they need you but aren’t disturbed by every tiny noise. Plus they sleep better too as they get older.

We didnt and it was rubbish. I didn't make the same mistake with No2

Haven't seen Yara in 3 weeks as she's been in Ukraine with my wife and in laws for the summer, on my way to see them without sleep after a nightshift. So excited about seeing her again, 3 weeks is a long time in baby development.

Mandatory adorable picture:

fd2c52240de83155fe1d2a507a8729f4.jpg

• Upvote 7

3 weeks? Wow! I can't begin to think what that would have been like. I've yet to be apart from my daughter for that long...and she's 19!

And repped...not just for the gummy smile but for dressing her in clothes that she can explore the world in

• Upvote 1

Haven't seen Yara in 3 weeks as she's been in Ukraine with my wife and in laws for the summer, on my way to see them without sleep after a nightshift. So excited about seeing her again, 3 weeks is a long time in baby development.

Mandatory adorable picture:

fd2c52240de83155fe1d2a507a8729f4.jpg

Never gets any easier mate.

My lot are off to France this friday and I wont see them til I go over the last week of August. 

Top babs by the way. 10 babses out of 10

• Upvote 1