You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

His interview yesterday after the game was just pure class. He is keeping everything calm. Keeping everyone focused. Not a word out of place.

Not seen his Sky interview and on MOTD they only spoke to him briefly. He was asked something about whether they're in for the title, to which he replied with the standard one-game-at-a-time mantra. He then said the next game was Man City before correcting himself!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkbN8-nPSM4

I personally think he's talking shit. They've probably had disagreements, but I doubt they're holding off giving him a new contract because of them. They're clueless if so.

I reckon Brendan's just holding all the cards. A new contract for the manager who delivered the league after 24 years is going to be a fair bit better than the one given to the manager who returned us to Champions League.

I'd be shocked if Tony Evans knows the first thing about what FSG think.

I wouldnt.   Remember the contacts he will have inside the club. Tony Barrett also is a journalist at the times and has very good contacts inside LFC.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I wouldnt.   Remember the contacts he will have inside the club.

Yes, he is quite close to the Chinese owners. Probably knows everything.

Hold on a second!

• Upvote 2

The more I hear from Evans the more I think hes not a lfc fan, even if what hes saying is true which I don't think it is why is he saying this negative shit at such an important time.

Ive said before I seriously don't understand the problem people have with Rodgers and the media and I saw every episode of being Liverpool.Also I haven't heard Rodgers put any blame on the owners for missing out on signings, hes been calm about it and just said he will focus on the players he has.

Evans needs to Stfu, Brendan said himself he wants no distractions before the end of the season and the owners better get to love Rodgers because he needs to be here for years to come.

I wouldnt. Remember the contacts he will have inside the club. Tony Barrett also is a journalist at the times and has very good contacts inside LFC.

The way Evans has spoke about FSG and belittled Rodgers, I'd be surprised if the tea lady gave him the time of day. In fact, his lack of contacts is probably why he's turned into a bitter prick.

Evans has been proven wrong at every turn, but rather than put his hands up he's stuck his fat fingers in his ears and continues to bang the same fucked up drum.

Fuck him, the chud.

• Upvote 1

The time to sort a new deal is in the summer. It's self-evident Brendan Rodgers is doing a very good job and building something here. I'm sure the owners have let him know they want to do a new deal, and he's not to worry in the slightest about that, but now is the time to continue the excellent work. 

I don't think there's anything to see here. 

Evans strikes me as a bit of a wannabe, too. Perhaps he formerly had contacts, but he comes across as a bit too 'knowing'. If you are privy to information you are usually privy to that information because you can hold your tongue. Evans seems a bit too 'nudge-nudge, wink-wink' to me. As a journalist it seems like he's a throwback to a former day.