You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs away

MLB

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Now that Hendo is definitely fit, I'd say it's most likely to be Allen, Henderson and Lucas in midfield, with Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho making up the front three spots. I'm hoping and expecting an unchanged back four. Can't be doing with dropping Sakho.

Really looking forward to this a big test we haven't won there or even got a point there in 5 years but 2 completely different sides now. Spurs are strong on paper but still struggle to score, think they will have more of the ball but Coutinho and Suarez will win it for us. Sakhos got to play skrtel and agger won't have fond memories of WHL, a good start and a big performance from joe allen please. 1-2 to the reds.

Uh-oh...

If he does anything good it'll be because whoever is playing at left back won't have forced him to cut inside. Be surprised if they pick him. I reckon it'll be Townsend, who will generally do the complete opposite to Lennon and look to cut inside every time he gets the ball in the final third.

Cut the fuckers off at source would be the best ploy because I reckon whichever of the two plays wide right (I doubt it'll be Lamela, although he's comfortably the best player of the three) is liable to not really get all that involved of their own accord. Especially Lennon.

Twitter rumours have team as 3-5-2; Mignolet; Skrtel, Agger, Sakho; Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Hendo, Flanagan; Coutinho, Suarez.

I was at the Arsenal match a few weeks back and we got over run in the midfield with that formation.

Flanagan has been very good for us in a flat back 4. I can't see a wing back position suiting him too much & the other big worryI have is that we sit very deep playing that style and leave Suarez isolated.

It's time to get back among the clean sheets.  It's been ages.

Everton isn't as good as us, yet they're right there because they keep clean sheets every fucking game.  Arsenal has been great but mostly bouyed by constant clean sheets.  Spurs have scored fewer league goals than Suarez yet are 3 points behind us, cuz they win every game 1-0.

Cissokho has been shite every time hes worn the shirt. Flanagan hasnt put a foot wrong since he got back into the team. Not a hope id drop Flanno for him. Lennon would DESTROY Cissokho.

He will  most likely destroy Flanno to and you can bet your last pound thats who they will be targeting. It s also the type of player who when he gets past him once or twice Flanno will go lunge on and earning himself a red.

Spurs know this to and if Rodgers uses his head would put Agger there for this game.

Whether 3-5-2 works defensively depends on the central "3"'s positioning and intelligence.  The rest of the team follows.  I'm not sure if we have that central defender, even if we have quite a few of CBs. 

Also, I don't know if we're in a position yet to change the formation match by match, or within a match, even.  The manager is still new, and the players just getting used to each other.  

With this match I'd just go ahead with the score more than them attitude, Evans style.

Pre-emptive strike. I like it.

I just couldn't wait to start moaning. That's why I made some oversights; in my haste, I forgot to tie in the transfer committee, Ian Ayre, FSG and I didn't make anywhere nearly enough sarcastic remarks about Rodgers' supporters. Still got sometime to punch up a better, further reaching second draft, though, so all is not lost.

• Upvote 1

Bib theory;

------------------Mignolet---------------------

Kelly--------Agger-----Skrtel------Cissokho

Moses------Allen-----Rossiter-----Sterling

------------------Coutinho*---------------------

--------------------Suarez----------------------

*No pic of him wearing a bib.

Bib theory;

------------------Mignolet---------------------

Kelly--------Agger-----Skrtel------Cissokho

Moses------Allen-----Rossiter-----Sterling

------------------Coutinho*---------------------

--------------------Suarez----------------------

*No pic of him wearing a bib.

I think it's more likely to be the same team that started against west ham but Lucas instead of Gerrard.

• Upvote 1