You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham at home

fowler9

Didn't see the Arsenal game so not had anything to say on that but sounds like it was one to miss, looking at the training pictures on the official site all the yellow bibs are likely starters which includes Agger which I welcome despite not having any misgivings against any of the other defenders I just think he should be a starter

looks like

--------------------------Mig----------------------

Johnson---------Skrtel---Agger---Cissokho

Henderson----Lucas------Stevie----Coutinho

----------------Sturridge-------Suarez-------------

Fulham are fairly shite so I expect nothing less than 3 points.  That's one thing you have to hand to Brendan.  We rarely fail to beat the sides we should.  It's against any decent teams with a bit of fight, who'll press us high up the pitch that we struggle.

I'd be happy to see the back of five at the back.  Against Arsenal there was a period where we had a straight line of five across the box and a straight line of three right outside it, no wonder the two forwards struggled.  442 wouldn't be what I'd rather see though.  

Fulham are fairly shite so I expect nothing less than 3 points.  That's one thing you have to hand to Brendan.  We rarely fail to beat the sides we should.  It's against any decent teams with a bit of fight, who'll press us high up the pitch that we struggle.

Agree with that, I don't think it really matters which XI we put out, we should beat Fulham easily.

-----------------------------------------------Mignolet-----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------Skrtel---------------Agger---------------Sakho--------------------------------

GJ------------------------------Gerrard----------------------Lucas----------------------------Enrique

-----------------------------------------------Coutinho-----------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------Suarez--------------------Sturridge-------------------------------------

think that's our strongest team.

wonder will he leave out Toure after a poor performance last week and will he leave out henderson after his england recall.

think he should go with this.

I expect the 3 points like everyone else, but would really like to see us get back to taking clean sheets, especially at Anfield. Teams like Fulham should be kept out at home, and i'd be surprised if one of Sturridge or Suarez didn't score, meaning 2-0 minimum for me, though i'd like a midfielder to also chip in with a goal, so i'm going for a 3-0 win (Sturridge, Suarez, Henderson - he's blazed too many half volleys over the bar in the last few weeks and so one must go in soon).

I think it will be:

Defensively:

----------------------------Mignolet------------------------------

Johnson---------Skrtel-------------Agger-----------Enrique

Henderson-------Gerrard----------Lucas---------Coutinho

----------------------Suarez-------Sturridge--------------------

But in possession Henderson will tuck in, Johnson and Enrique overlapping and Coutinho going central to feed the front two.

I wouldn't pick Agger over Sakho, but it looks like that will be the case if the training pics are right,

There are no guarantees that any of the sides vying for CL spots will automatically batter any side in PL this season just because they it looks like they should on paper, especially us. Would have thought we'd already learned that lesson.

Let's sit there with our arms folded until we we get past 5 eh 

There are no guarantees that any of the sides vying for CL spots will automatically batter any side in PL this season just because they it looks like they should on paper, especially us. Would have thought we'd already learned that lesson.

Let's sit there with our arms folded until we we get past 5 eh 

I'd normally agree, but Fulham are awful, only Palace are worse.

They don't press, Berbatov seems disinterested and is lazier than ever and I think our front two and Coutinho will be too much for them.  Last season they gave Gerrard so much time and space, he bossed the match.  If they do that tomorrow, he will again!.