You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This 'Ghost Midfield' of ours....

old skool tom

Allen or Alberto would have been more than capable of bettering what he was doing yesterday.

Yesterday yes.  That was one of his off days, and a midfield set up completely wrong.  You need a manager strong enough to sub him on these days.  Set the midfield up right and there's no chance Allen or Alberto should be starting ahead of him.  One hasn't played well consistently in over a year, the other it's too early to say really.

Yesterday yes.  That was one of his off days, and a midfield set up completely wrong.  You need a manager strong enough to sub him on these days.  Set the midfield up right and there's no chance Allen or Alberto should be starting ahead of him.  One hasn't played well consistently in over a year, the other it's too early to say really.

Agreed. The manager has to take a lot of blame for yesterday.

I don't think we do have a manager strong enough to sub him (I don't mean for the last 12 seconds of a game we're winning six nil). We don't even have a manager strong enough to play him further up the pitch.

BR really needs to know how to set up his midfield against the opponent. The players we have are not all-rounders and each of them really only process one or two of the many attribute a world class midfielder should have. 

Gerrard has passing and vision, Henderson have energy and running, Lucas has the defending, Coutinho has creativity and tricks, Allen (last seaon) has passing and ball retention. 

I hope BR can learn how to play the game more tactically instead of just throwing whoever that impressed the game before.

Agreed. The manager has to take a lot of blame for yesterday.

I don't think we do have a manager strong enough to sub him (I don't mean for the last 12 seconds of a game we're winning six nil). We don't even have a manager strong enough to play him further up the pitch.

That's the most grating thing, but even Rafa dropped him back when he fucked up with Alonso/Aquilani.  Our midfield's not been right in any consistent basis since.  League positions showing that too.

Unfortunately it's not going to be as easy as switching formations/players, we simply don't have the personnel, and I had a full head of hair the last time we did!

We'll never win the league with the mindset of players being undroppable. Dos'nt matter how good or great they are. We'll never win it. Simple as that.

Examples, auld cunt down road drops/rests rooney, scholes, giggs on regular basis wins title after title. Mourinio ( who i hate) when asked yesterday if he made a mistake said he made eleven. Fabiio Capello once said to Zlatan Ibrahimovic in a friendly game "why are you playing like a prick?" Zlaten said "well if you think that sub me" Capello, " Ok get off". That's the way to do it if you are serious about challenging for titles.

The manager is boss, the most important person at the club. If players do not perform, for whatever reason, then they are putting their place in jeopardy.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

BR really needs to know how to set up his midfield against the opponent. The players we have are not all-rounders and each of them really only process one or two of the many attribute a world class midfielder should have.

Gerrard has passing and vision, Henderson have energy and running, Lucas has the defending, Coutinho has creativity and tricks, Allen (last seaon) has passing and ball retention.

I hope BR can learn how to play the game more tactically instead of just throwing whoever that impressed the game before.

Why don't you drop him an email explaining it all?

Arsenal > Liverpool, and by some distance. 

Sadly, it really is as simple as that.

Deal with it.

They were yesterday.  They keep the ball better and have more attacking options.

But if we were doing a LFC / Arsenal combined XI I bet a fair amount of our players would get in the team.  I wouldn't have any of their back four in it for example.  So they aren't better than us in all areas.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It is a fair point he makes is it not?

He's obviously in a position of authority to judge Rodgers' lack of knowledge and what the manager - who is, might I add, a top class coach, a manager of a Premier League side, and holds a UEFA Pro licence - needs to 'learn'. I figure maybe he could teach Rodgers a thing or two. It's not about what Rodgers needs to learn from some fannies on the internet, it's his opinion. Considering he's the only one of us who actually has bothered to learn, both officially and taking time to go to International sides like Spain, I'm going to say our opinion on his lack of knowledge is worth fuck all to the guy who has taken the side back up into the top spots this season. 

Sure, I have my own opinions on what the midfield should be doing, and I'm sure the manager does too. Learning isn't what's needed, money and players are what's needed when competing against sides who can put £30m players on the bench, like Chelsea and City, or against sides who have long been in the top spots and have added 40m players to their squads. It was a shitty post. It's like when school kids call Chomsky an idiot because they don't agree with him. Twats. 

He's obviously in a position of authority to judge Rodgers' lack of knowledge and what the manager - who is, might I add, a top class coach, a manager of a Premier League side, and holds a UEFA Pro licence - needs to 'learn'. I figure maybe he could teach Rodgers a thing or two. It's not about what Rodgers needs to learn from some fannies on the internet, it's his opinion. Considering he's the only one of us who actually has bothered to learn, both officially and taking time to go to International sides like Spain, I'm going to say our opinion on his lack of knowledge is worth fuck all to the guy who has taken the side back up into the top spots this season. 

Sure, I have my own opinions on what the midfield should be doing, and I'm sure the manager does too. Learning isn't what's needed, money and players are what's needed when competing against sides who can put £30m players on the bench, like Chelsea and City, or against sides who have long been in the top spots and have added 40m players to their squads. It was a shitty post. It's like when school kids call Chomsky an idiot because they don't agree with him. Twats. 

He was only giving his opinion, like we all do on here (you included).

Think you're being a touch harsh, especially when the midfield (as you are admitting yourself) isn't working.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He was only giving his opinion, like we all do on here (you included).

Think you're being a touch harsh, especially when the midfield (as you are admitting yourself) isn't working.

Ah, we obviously disagree. What you call giving an opinion I call being a patronising tit towards the manager. I took exception to it. Deal with it, mate. Talking about what the manager needs to learn? Fucking bollocks. What Stephen Hawkins needs to learn is that God made the Universe and there was no bang. What Ferguson needs to learn is to win league titles... and so on. Nonsense. I let the 'why don't you write him a letter comment' because I didn't want to be harsh. 

Ah, we obviously disagree. What you call giving an opinion I call being a patronising tit towards the manager. I took exception to it. Deal with it, mate. Talking about what the manager needs to learn? Fucking bollocks. What Stephen Hawkins needs to learn is that God made the Universe and there was no bang. What Ferguson needs to learn is to win league titles... and so on. Nonsense.

I agree "learn" was probably not the best word he could have used.  But he just wants to see us do well and is frustrated as we all our.  I'm sure he is fully behind Rodgers.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I agree "learn" was probably not the best word he could have used.  But he just wants to see us do well and is frustrated as we all our.  I'm sure he is fully behind Rodgers.

He could think Rodgers is a reet cunt for all I care, mate. This guy might well turn out to be the best poster ever, but that was well patronising towards the manager. I mean, the question that needs to be asked is 'who the fuck are you!'. 

He could think Rodgers is a reet cunt for all I care, mate. This guy might well turn out to be the best poster ever, but that was well patronising towards the manager. I mean, the question that needs to be asked is 'who the fuck are you!'. 

Who the fuck am I. Then why care about what i post. 

BR being a young manager, he LEARNS from the games too. This game he is clearly out thought by Wenger in the tactical sense, this is the type of game that he needs to LEARN not to blindly play his own game.

Come on, everybody is learning. Don't mind me please.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just wonder how much Arsenal are benefiting by actually being in the Champions League, compared to us who are limited to playing league games at the moment.

A lot is said about players being tired following champions League away games, but Arsenal seem to be benefiting by playing more competitive games. They looked a lot sharper yesterday, while we looked sluggish. You could be mistaken for thinking we were the team who is playing in 3 different competitions.

We seemed to be lacking match sharpness yesterday. We might actually be suffering by not playing enough competitive games.

I agree with this. I think we will benefit in the second half of the season.