You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

I cut my hand on Tuesday (Hades' voodoo is starting to work) and it's now bandaged. Means doing everything wrong handed, wiping my arse is like an episode of the Cube.

Someone closed my hand in a door in the early hours of Sunday morning. Similarly, I've had to become left-handed temporarily. The bold bit is so true, and I have been so surprised how so many seemingly simple daily tasks are a struggle.

A mate of mine fell off a ladder when the top slipped down the wall. He shattered both wrists and spent 8 weeks

In the pub drinking Stella. His mum had to wipe his arse. Women are tough.

Who punched fuck out his missus for him?

• Upvote 2

Being misunderstood over the phone. I rang the leisure centre a while back and explained that I had MS and I wanted to work on my swimming technique a bit because it's not the best and I need it be less of a slog so I can swim more often without it leaving me sore all over for two days afterwards. They rang back last week and said yeah, they've got just the thing I was looking for.

Went down this morning expecting a swimming lesson and when I got there it was restricted to the shallow end and it was just me, two people with Downs Syndrome, three with learning disabilities and an old woman who wasn't there to swim but just to move around in the water.

Fucking wankers, man. Charged me more to get in than I normally pay to go and swim as well. Still, I've made three new friends.

• Upvote 13

Being misunderstood over the phone. I rang the leisure centre a while back and explained that I had MS and I wanted to work on my swimming technique a bit because it's not the best and I need it be less of a slog so I can swim more often without it leaving me sore all over for two days afterwards. They rang back last week and said yeah, they've got just the thing I was looking for.

Went down this morning expecting a swimming lesson and when I got there it was restricted to the shallow end and it was just me, two people with Downs Syndrome, three with learning disabilities and an old woman who wasn't there to swim but just to move around in the water.

Fucking wankers, man. Charged me more to get in than I normally pay to go and swim as well. Still, I've made three new friends.

Vegetable soup!

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

Made me laugh though, so well worth it

Guest Pistonbroke

Young lad wanted a chicken and noodle soup for Lunch. So I knocked up the stock, cut the chicken up and then opened a bag of those alphabet noodles, which fell out of my hand and scattered all over the kitchen, under the Fridge/freezer and every gap possible. Just spent the best part of 20 minutes hoovering/brushing the little bastards up. 

Be careful when you do the swim with your gear on lesson, you'll never get that brick off the bottom if all them pockets inflate.

• Upvote 2

Is it worse to laugh at Rico's joke or to laugh at CT's actual situation though?

I'm fucked either way like.

Neither are bad things to laugh at. We've all been on this forum long enough to know how it works. Telling you lot was the second thought that crossed my mind in the pool. My first thought was how relieved I was that my bird wasn't upstairs with the kids in the soft play area that overlooks the pool. She'd have had pictures of it plastered all over Facebook.

• Upvote 2

My boss & me will sit in silence for hours some days & then as soon as she starts eating a packet of crisps or an apple she'll start speaking to me & it'll be something fucking pointless she's read in The Metro or asking me if I responded to an e-mail that I responded to two days ago with her copied in. Did her parents never tell her that it's rude to speak with her mouth full?

I'm going to fucking strangle her today, the fat fucking spastic.

73b66e97a0ce79b6c17ad3a00bffb6b3.jpg

• Upvote 3