You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

An Opportunity

Red Soul

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many Coutinho's and Sturridges?

Seven. And seven Borini's. So we trust him to spend 75m plus sales and hope we get more Sturridge less Williams.

Your talk of building a team is correct. Although you don't sell your best player to do it, you buy players as good or better to supplement. Teams built by buying seven players with Suarez cash plus sales is all good. Will the buys be.

With at least four of the teams above us changing Managers for next season there is an opportunity for us to take advantage of this.

We have a side that are beginning to gel.

If we are to challenge for the League next season our owners have to put their hand in their pockets and back us.

It is obvious that our squad is not strong enough and a number of regulars are far short of the quality required to put us back where we belong.

This is an opportunity for them to make a statement of intent.

The question is,Will they take it?.

polls_answer_2_xlarge.gif

984.gif

I think we will be far better off next season than we are this season and I hope we put in a challenge for the title. Whatever happens I think it's going to be a great year of football as we have shown what we can do when our top goal scorer is not available and Sturridge has surprised many with his achievements for us already.

Edited by a stoner

Seven. And seven Borini's. So we trust him to spend 75m plus sales and hope we get more Sturridge less Williams.

Your talk of building a team is correct. Although you don't sell your best player to do it, you buy players as good or better to supplement. Teams built by buying seven players with Suarez cash plus sales is all good. Will the buys be.

IF you were him, and you knew you could spot a player and had the team heading the way you wanted it to.....

Would you sell him for 50 million in order to buy the other players you needed to fit all the final pieces into the puzzle?

Rodgers isnt going to get another 5 years without winning a trophy or seriously challenging for the title....most fans are already against him

In most fans opinion he must show real progress next year

So if that was you, and you were in his shoes, what would you do?

IF you were him, and you knew you could spot a player and had the team heading the way you wanted it to.....

Would you sell him for 50 million in order to buy the other players you needed to fit all the final pieces into the puzzle?

Rodgers isnt going to get another 5 years without winning a trophy or seriously challenging for the title....most fans are already against him

In most fans opinion he must show real progress next year

So if that was you, and you were in his shoes, what would you do?

Taking all of that into consideration the very last thing I would do is sell Luis Suarez.

I can understand your point of view, and sometimes I wonder how we're going to get the balance right next season but Suarez is just too good to lose; not to mention the stigma around selling your best player AND the fans reaction to selling him.

I mean, if you wanna go back to the top you need more players like Suarez and not less, right?

Its not so much here on the FF, but there is a thread on the MF full of spirit dampeners. Fucking dampeners of spirit. I'm just about at the stage where I'm finally actually a tiny bit optimistic about next season. Why can't we finish 3rd or 4th next year? We're not actually miles away from Tottenham or Arsenal this year, and we've played half of it with toddlers. United will be managed by someone that's won less than Roberto Martinez.

So fucking fuck off you spirit dampeners.

I think we're going to win the league every season. Normally this spirit lasts untl the second week of September, sometimes less.

But I always start with hope until its sucked out of me

Taking all of that into consideration the very last thing I would do is sell Luis Suarez.

I can understand your point of view, and sometimes I wonder how we're going to get the balance right next season but Suarez is just too good to lose; not to mention the stigma around selling your best player AND the fans reaction to selling him.

I mean, if you wanna go back to the top you need more players like Suarez and not less, right?

Yes you need more quality/class players for sure.

But you dont need individuals you need class players who make the team/squad function

Saurez is an individual, just like ronaldo, they need a team built around them and they need everyone to pass them the ball. When they are on top form it works brilliantly, but when they have off days the whole team suffers.......we have been there before with gerrard. He made us tick and if he ever had an off day.....we were fucked

We cant keep doing this, it doesnt build towards anything, it just builds over reliance.

Take Borrisia Dortmund, i bet if they took Lewandowski out of that team they would still be brilliant, because they function as a team and he is just one component.

If they sell him in the summer, they will be able to replace him, because they will buy another guy and teach/train him how to function for what they need as a team

They have a blue print

With players like Suarez and ronaldo its harder to do that because for them to excell they need to have a lot of the ball and be able to do whatever they like with it.

Yes you need more quality/class players for sure.

But you dont need individuals you need class players who make the team/squad function

Saurez is an individual' date=' just like ronaldo, they need a team built around them and they need everyone to pass them the ball. When they are on top form it works brilliantly, but when they have off days the whole team suffers.......we have been there before with gerrard. He made us tick and if he ever had an off day.....we were fucked

We cant keep doing this, it doesnt build towards anything, it just builds over reliance.

Take Borrisia Dortmund, i bet if they took Lewandowski out of that team they would still be brilliant, because they function as a team and he is just one component.

If they sell him in the summer, they will be able to replace him, because they will buy another guy and teach/train him how to function for what they need as a team

They have a blue print

With players like Suarez and ronaldo its harder to do that because for them to excell they need to have a lot of the ball and be able to do whatever they like with it.[/quote']

Fucking hell lad.

Give ya ma' her laptop back.