You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Tried to catch a couple of Celta games on freefullmatchesonline. I usually can get excited about nothing much, but seriously underwhelmed by Aspas. Didn't really see anything special about him, seems to have a poor touch, not very good at holding up the ball and not exactly a great dribbler. He can spot a teammate's run but usually lacks the power in his passes to reach them, but he got ok movement overall. Got to say the Celta team looks shit all over the place, but he didn't stand out really, in fact he was more part of the shitness. Hopefully, I just caught the 3 wrong Celta games, but really not excited by what I saw. Reminded me of a Milan Jovanovic-type signing, except he's costing us a shitload more. Maybe, you guys should try and catch a few of these games on that site and make up your own mind about him. Could be just me.

Having watched all the youtube clips I've seen (I know) - numerous which show all of his involvement in certain games - it doesn't really excite me either. His touch seems to be quite poor and his passing erratic, as you described. He reminds me a little bit of Borini this season to be honest.

As I said, its an entirely superficial and scantily-informed opinion. So who knows how he'll do.

Some shits going on behind the scenes here, we've signed 2 players in two days. Were also in for Papadopolous, Eriksen, Atsu and Begovic. Wouldn't be surprised if the club have agreed a deal with Madrid for Suarez, where is this money coming from?

So this Spanish expert geezer who knows for deffs Reina and Suarez are off, but mentions nothing about a potential Aspas signing? I'm confused, does he have ties to Liverpool or Spanish football at all or does he just sit about on the sofas at Sky and pretends he does?

Some shits going on behind the scenes here, we've signed 2 players in two days. Were also in for Papadopolous, Eriksen, Atsu and Begovic. Wouldn't be surprised if the club have agreed a deal with Madrid for Suarez, where is this money coming from?

Its not that much money really. We've signed two players for a sum total of a whopping £8m. Nothing to say we're in for Erikson. Pretty obvious Skrtel and Coates are off so Papa would be financed through that. Begovic financed by Reina leaving.

If Suarez is going, I expect all of those players to come in and one more big one. And it better be a fucking top class player.

So this Spanish expert geezer who knows for deffs Reina and Suarez are off, but mentions nothing about a potential Aspas signing? I'm confused, does he have ties to Liverpool or Spanish football at all or does he just sit about on the sofas at Sky and pretends he does?

He actually called the Aspas signing too - quite early as well.

He's definitely got somebody in his ear, in my opinion.

He looks excellent, Mkhitaryan. If Suarez goes then he's probably the best attainable target.

Yep. It is worth noting that fitting Suarez into the team that finished the season is going to mean changing the shape - which you would do because he is that good, but a different player can give us a better shape which could make us a better attacking side as a whole - rather than relying upon Luis.

Coutinho

Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas,

or

Coutinho

Mkhitaryan, Sturridge, Tello

I'm not convinced the former is that much better.

But according to spanish papers Madrid have bid 70m, I suppose euros, for Bale. If they get Bale, I doubt they will go for Suarez too. I guess he is their plan B.

Your talking about Madrid in a election year

2009/10 Season transfers

All figures in Euros

Arbeloa 4.5

Kaka 65

Ronaldo 94

Alonso 40

Negredo 5

Albiol 15

Benzema 35

Granero 4.5

259ml total

Sold 88.5ml Euros

Shit. Well that's not what I was hoping to hear.

Let's hope Madrid go after Tevez or something. That's the only other club I could see Suarez joining. Possibly Juve I suppose but I thought they were pretty stacked for attackers. It could be another long summer. I'd love to wake up tomorrow and hear Luis put an end to the speculation, because we're been linked with the right type of players but if Luis goes it's one step forward, two back. My hope is he wants to give us at least one more season and not end his Liverpool career on such a bad spell, but he left Ajax after a ban too I believe?

Yep. It is worth noting that fitting Suarez into the team that finished the season is going to mean changing the shape - which you would do because he is that good, but a different player can give us a better shape which could make us a better attacking side as a whole - rather than relying upon Luis.

Coutinho

Suarez, Sturridge, Aspas,

or

Coutinho

Mkhitaryan, Sturridge, Tello

I'm not convinced the former is that much better.

So Mkhitaryan would be the big signing instead of Suarez then? I would say the first team.

Tello might join us not join us without Suarez being here or with.

Looks like Luis is off

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has admitted he would find it hard to turn down Real Madrid after saying this year was “difficult” for him and his family.

The Uruguay star is widely regarded as one of the best players in English football but has endured a troubled time in the Premier League, showing genius on the pitch but serving eight and 10 match bans for racially abusing and biting opponents respectively.

Liverpool failed to qualify for the Champions League again, the former Ajax forward has been linked with a number of Europe’s top clubs, including Real.

And with Suarez and many associated with Liverpool believing the press and FA have an agenda against the player, he said he could walk out on England.

“I have spoken with my agent and saying no to Real Madrid would be difficult,” Suarez said in an interview with Spanish radio station COPE’s Latin American correspondent Martin Charquero.

“I am happy with Liverpool, I love the club but this year was very difficult for me, my wife and my daughter.

“I have spoken to Brendan Rodgers, and he knows what I want. I have a family, a daughter and I am not prepared to continue this way with the English press.”

Suarez has also been linked with Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain.

In a separate development, Liverpool have been linked with Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas.

Aspas, 25, has scored 12 goals for the Liga strugglers this season. Celta must win their final game of the season and hope results go their way to avoid relegation.

He would cost in the region of £8 million.

Eurosport - 29/05/2013 22:35

Suarez admitted near enough what Balague said to be fair on the radio earlier in Uruguay today. The only issue seems to be if and when we get a good bid in from one of the Madrid teams I reckon.

Suarez would go to Real Madrid if he had the chance.... big news just like every single fucker in our squad would apart from Stevie given the chance

shall we all ignore the line where it says "I'm happy with Liverpool, I love the club"

He looks excellent, Mkhitaryan. If Suarez goes then he's probably the best attainable target.

19 goals in 10 internationals. A career record of 0.4 goals per game. Remarkable.

Never heard of him. Get him signed.

So Mkhitaryan would be the big signing instead of Suarez then? I would say the first team.

Tello might join us not join us without Suarez being here or with.

He's just one example - Eriksen could very well fit in (according to Overmaars Dortmund haven't contacted them), even Walcott! I think the second option has a better balance - my worry is that at present we have to choose between Luis and Sturridge (Luis every time), i'm not convinced both can play at the same time.

To be fair to him too, he called the Torres transfer earlier than anyone -and copped a load of shit for it- and it turned out he was 100% spot on.

I agree, he's got someone giving him good info for certain things.

In two seasons luis has been banned for a total of 19 games - sorry Luis, but never mind what you want - you fucking owe us. And I doubt his desire to leave would be so strong if it wasn't Real Madrid.

He doesn't owe us anything. Principally, perhaps, but realistically?

He could probably also turn around and argue that when he signed didn't expect to be playing with Raheem fucking Sterling for half a season languishing in 7th.

We're as much to blame for him going as the press, or he is. This is why so many were so angry in the summer - because we knew if we didn't seriously push for the fourth this year he'd be off. And he is.

Suarez would go to Real Madrid if he had the chance.... big news just like every single fucker in our squad would apart from Stevie given the chance

shall we all ignore the line where it says "I'm happy with Liverpool, I love the club"

"I have spoken to Rodgers, he knows what I want. He understands my situation."

"I love #LFC, but I have a wife and daughter, and I'm not prepared to tolerate the English press any more."

Yes, we should ignore it, because its obviously lip service.

And it doesn't really matter if everybody else would, everybody else isn't one of the best players in the world and Real Madrid aren't after them, either.

Your talking about Madrid in a election year

2009/10 Season transfers

All figures in Euros

Arbeloa 4.5

Kaka 65

Ronaldo 94

Alonso 40

Negredo 5

Albiol 15

Benzema 35

Granero 4.5

259ml total

Sold 88.5ml Euros

You've got point considering this season has been a failure for them. Barcelona supposedly signed Neymar only to bring the fans optimism up after being batters in CL. Madrid are after something similar. Still my guess is Suarez is their plan B to Bale.