You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Well, let's do a little speculative maths. We are said to have £20-£25 million to spend plus sales. So, a conservative estimate of money coming in:

Carroll - £15 million

Skrtel - £12 million

Reina - £10 million

Coates - £5 million

Spearing - £3 million

Assaidi - £3 million

Jones - £500,000

+ any loan fees we might get for young players, etc.

And outgoing:

Begovic - £8 million

McCarthy - £4 million

Papadopoulos - £15 million

Ilori - £3.5 million

Toure - Free

Digne - £6 million

Aspas - £3.5 million

That leaves us with a net profit that is actually more than our initial transfer fund. We would have enough money to spend big on a midfielder or another attacker without having to sell Suarez.

There is also the Christian Eriksen situation. He's rumoured to be available for anything between £15-£17 million. It's also rumoured that he's told Liverpool to put a bid for him ,or he's signing a new contract at Ajax.

There is other rumours circulating that Liverpool have no interest in Christian Eriksen. It's actually Kevin Strootman of PSV that Liverpool want. Well according to Dick Advocat, he's on his way to the premiership and would be ideal for a club like Liverpool.

Well' date=' let's do a little speculative maths. We are said to have £20-£25 million to spend plus sales. So, a conservative estimate of money coming in:

Carroll - £15 million

Skrtel - £12 million

Reina - £10 million

Coates - £5 million

Spearing - £3 million

Assaidi - £3 million

Jones - £500,000

+ any loan fees we might get for young players, etc.

And outgoing:

Begovic - £8 million

McCarthy - £4 million

Papadopoulos - £15 million

Ilori - £3.5 million

Toure - Free

Digne - £6 million

Aspas - £3.5 million

That leaves us with a net profit that is actually more than our initial transfer fund. We would have enough money to spend big on a midfielder or another attacker without having to sell Suarez.[/quote']

Wages of at least a few million a year need to be taken into account.

Plus the Liverpool factor,which means paying well over the odds of anybody we buy.

Wages of at least a few million a year need to be taken into account.

Plus the Liverpool factor,which means paying well over the odds of anybody we buy.

???

If anything we will be saving dramatically on wages.

Also, did we pay over the odds for Sturridge and Coutinho? Things have changed. Our new scouts are actually good at their job.

There is also the Christian Eriksen situation. He's rumoured to be available for anything between £15-£17 million.

Why do we need to spend £15-£17m in an area where we are already overstocked?

He stunk out the Euro's last summer.

Vermaelen of Arsenal might be a decent signing.

A far better player than Toure (imo), can cover CB and LB and appears to be on his way out of Arsenal.

Worth a punt ?

Not sure about him. He fell out of favour with Wenger after they lost at WHL and has barely started games since. Not really the kind of player we need either.

Agree that he's a better option than Toure though.

Vermaelen of Arsenal might be a decent signing.

A far better player than Toure (imo), can cover CB and LB and appears to be on his way out of Arsenal.

Worth a punt ?

Vermaelen would be worth a go. In some ways he's done a Skrtel, looked awesome last year, seems to have fallen off the pace.

Both good players, both need a change. Id say Vermaelen is better with the ball at his feet.

Wenger wouldnt sell him to us. Which makes the RVP sale to utd all the more a pile of shit wank.

Rumour that i saw on twitter earlier (so no sources or anything) said that Real Madrid were ready to offer Benzema and Di Maria in a swop deal for Suarez?

I hope this isnt true as i could see FSG liking the deal?

To be fair that would be a very tempting deal and not one I would be against happening if Suarez said he wanted to go.

I see it as very unlikely though and if there is the slightest chance di Maria is available and could be signed by us we should do all we can to make it happen, he would be perfect for the right wing.I don't see why Madrid would sell though and I'm sure a lot of top European teams in champs league would be after him.

Rumour that i saw on twitter earlier (so no sources or anything) said that Real Madrid were ready to offer Benzema and Di Maria in a swop deal for Suarez?

I hope this isnt true as i could see FSG liking the deal?

As much as I love Luis and want him to stay, were this to happen, it'd be as good a deal as you would probably be able to get- proven quality.

Can't see it happening though.

He's a world class striker playing for one of the best teams in the world.

I think he's a bit of a donkey by Real Madrid standards, myself. Which isn't to say he wouldn't do well in England, but he's nowhere near Suarez's standard in my opinion.