You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Lucas is an ever-present when fit though' date=' and we also have Allen. Not that I advocate the latter in that role particularly, but it's hard for me envisage that type of player being anything like a priority for us. I could be completely wrong though to be fair.[/quote']

Not necessarily a priority but depending if we free up enough funds its a position/role we should be looking at. I've said it on other threads, we could do with a big man in midfield sometimes to stop the likes of Benteke bulldozing his way through our midfield, it wouldn't have happened if we had say Diame or Mulumbo there.

according to some recent rumours, our top summer targets are Eriksen and De Vrij. I'd be very pleased with these two, both captains (Ajax and Feyenoord), both young-but-quite-experienced, both extremely good, Eriksen is a sublime playmaker with excellent pace and vision, De Vrij is a dominant centre back with playmaking abilities and very good in the air. Just the type of players we need IMO.

Guest San Don
Id be happy if we signed the Stoke spine of Begovic and Shawcross' date=' both solid and would tighten us up at the back, still think we need a bit of creativity in midfield and definitely another striker.[/quote']

shawcroft? Sign that yard dog? Are you fucking nuts?

Id be happy if we signed the Stoke spine of Begovic and Shawcross' date=' both solid and would tighten us up at the back, still think we need a bit of creativity in midfield and definitely another striker.[/quote']

You call Ashley Williams 'alehouse' and 'clogger' yet you advocate signing Shawcross. Fuck me sideways.

according to some recent rumours, our top summer targets are Eriksen and De Vrij. I'd be very pleased with these two, both captains (Ajax and Feyenoord), both young-but-quite-experienced, both extremely good, Eriksen is a sublime playmaker with excellent pace and vision, De Vrij is a dominant centre back with playmaking abilities and very good in the air. Just the type of players we need IMO.

Agree with that, Eriksen was in my dream team post but him & De Vrij would cost a packet and we would still need a quality centre midfielder as well.

I can't beleive people are talking about buying a dead US Marine Brigadier General. I don't see how that'll improve the defence. I mean, he couldn't shut a pension-age Sean Connery or alcoholic and shouty madman Nicholas fucking Cage out, could he? And that was when he was alive.

Pretty sure that De Jong is captain of Ajax.

According to Football Focus, a number of players are on BR's sell list, including Reina, Skrtel, Downing, Henderson and Enrique. Add together any players that want to go, and we may see a very different first team next season -starting again again?? No Coates on the list, which is intriguing.

However, according to the Mail, Coates is on the list, as well as Carroll

Liverpool to sell first-team players in summer | Mail Online

Guest davelfc
According to Football Focus, a number of players are on BR's sell list, including Reina, Skrtel, Downing, Henderson and Enrique. Add together any players that want to go, and we may see a very different first team next season -starting again again?? No Coates on the list, which is intriguing.

We won't want anyone in the team that has ambition, wants to play in the CL etc. Series 1 Being Liverpool, Series 2 Becoming Swansea.

don't know if williams is good enough but CB is a priority, eriksen if we can get him should be our top priority. Potentially a suarez level player.

Hes one of those that should be in the overrated catergory, is he really that good? i know hes young but whenever ive seen him for Ajax and Denmark hes never done anything.

I don't have a firm view of him as a player and the real test would come as and when he signed. One thing that I'm certain of is that the ability to bear "the weight of the shirt" has been lacking in far too many players we've signed over recent years and I think his track record suggests he'd cope better than most. That said, I don't care who we sign as long as they come in and improve us defensively. I would like at least one new centre half (I think we need two) to be a real leader though.

Genuine question,what gives you that impression?

Presuming this is true...

Selling Enrique would be fucking irritating not to mention fucking stupid, at the very worst Enrique is a very good player to have in the squad.

Selling Henderson would be daft to, lost it with him last season and wrote him off, hold my hands up to that, hes done well of late and again is very useful to have as at least a squad player, much rather Rodgers just admitted Allen was a terrible mistake and shipped him out instead.

Skrtel aswell, keep him unless there is an offer thats to good to refuse.