You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Espresso maker

Paulie Dangerously

I would say the aeropress is absolutely ideal, because it allows a very simple degree of manual control over the extraction time and it's a piece of piss to clean. Expresso machines involve a huge degree more faffing and will often produce a very bitter shot because it's rare that most people will take the trouble to clean them thoroughly after each time they are used.

Amazon.co.uk: nespresso machines: Kitchen & Home

I've got a Nespresso machine, I believe it's the best capsule based system. IMO it makes very good espresso.

Got Mrs Sex a Nespresso Pixie for Xmas. Not as good as a restaurant Espresso but still really quite good.

I just need to find a way of making Lebanese coffee. Syrupy caffeinated love juice.

I just need to find a way of making Lebanese coffee. Syrupy caffeinated love juice.

You should make it in a rakweh, which is a very small, long-handled saucepan. You need very finely ground Turkish coffee, sugar to taste and a little cardamom. Use a little more water than you want to make coffee, and at least two teaspoons of coffee per shot. Bring the water to the boil and quickly add the coffee, sugar and cardamom, then take it off the heat and let it settle for a couple of minutes. If you don't want foam on the top of the coffee, bring it to the boil three times before taking it off the heat. Careful it doesn't boil over. Takes a while to perfect the art, but very worthwhile.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Bumped the wrong coffee thread. 

If anyone has a Nespresso machine and a Home and Bargain near them they have got a glut of made in italy "Espresso Italia" Nespresso compatible pods £1 for 10. 

Bought a pack yesterday to gauge the quality.  Very nice, smooth and great crema, not super intense, ideal morning coffee.   Had both as espresso short and a lungo this morning and they passed the Paulie D taste test so I've just bought 20 boxes which will do me til the new year (even with the french ma in law staying for a fortnight and she batters them)

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...