You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Press coverage and how the mancs are twats

RedinSweden

Here's winter again with his impartial view after Man U got knocked out of the champs league after nani booted arbello in the chest with the ball twenty yards away, the second paragraph is comedy gold.

United sees red after send-off | theage.com.au

Nani's foot was undoubtedly high as he collided with Arbeloa but he was not looking at the Real full-back. There was no malice, no intent.

Even if you think Nani had no idea Arbeloa was coming (I think he did) when his dangerous boot first collided, I must keep dreaming the bit on replays of that incident where Nani connects with Arbeloa's torso and extends his leg further into his midriff for the most obvious red card you're ever likely to see. Me and my vivid imagination.

NaniRedCard_original_original.gif?1362522517

The little scruff Daniel Taylor is back on message this morning, putting his name to a utd press release.

The implied criticism of Moyes of two days ago has all been forgotten again now. He was just as bitterly disappointed about the Anfield result as anyone other good manc and had to vent.

He was feeling a little unwell. But he's much better now.

The prawn sandwich lovers are closing ranks, note no mention of three failed bids for cecs Fabragas in this henry winter piece of bull.

Manchester United baffled by criticisms of summer window policy - Telegraph

I don't even know where to start with this!

Complete bullshit, right from the start;

"The champions brought in David Moyes’s No1 target, Marouane Fellaini"

No 1 target???

Is this despite the three failed bids for Fabregas, missing out on Thiago, and Herrera too?

Not to mention that United could have signed him for 23.5 million at pretty much any point in the transfer window, yet decided to wait right until the last minute once he'd handed in a transfer request!

Its's impossible to believe!

Even if you think Nani had no idea Arbeloa was coming (I think he did) when his dangerous boot first collided, I must keep dreaming the bit on replays of that incident where Nani connects with Arbeloa's torso and extends his leg further into his midriff for the most obvious red card you're ever likely to see. Me and my vivid imagination.

NaniRedCard_original_original.gif?1362522517

I personally don't think it was malicious, but if you jump off the ground and make contact with another player with both feet off the ground and studs showing it is a Red card. Nani didn't need to make a stupid jump, he could have kept himself on the floor. He has only got himself to blame.

I don't even know where to start with this!

Complete bullshit, right from the start;

"The champions brought in David Moyes’s No1 target, Marouane Fellaini"

No 1 target???

Is this despite the three failed bids for Fabregas, missing out on Thiago, and Herrera too?

Not to mention that United could have signed him for 23.5 million at pretty much any point in the transfer window, yet decided to wait right until the last minute once he'd handed in a transfer request!

Its's impossible to believe!

He was definitely their #1 target after 10pm on the 2nd of September.

The last paragraph in that article is more comedy gold.

This quote caught my eye:

He is a 10 to 15 goals a season man and that is good from midfield

Maybe I'm being petty, but something didn't ring true about that line. I looked up this particular Fellaini stat and last season was the first season in five years that he scored double figures (11) in the premier league. The most goals he'd scored in the PL before that was 8. Granted, last season was probably the first time he played in a more advanced role for Everton and he may yet score more goals for Utd. But this '10-15 goals a season man' does not exist. The article was simply a press release in a national paper.

• Upvote 1

It's all just quotes from Round with fuck all input from Jackson. Nothing to see here. Move on. Stop looking for things to be bitter about.

Your first sentence is correct, it is all quotes from round. The journo's just printed everything as the man utd back room staff wanted. The journalist may as well of just let the club wright their own articles and print them in the paper. It's not me being bitter, it's a load of bullshit, a glorified press release.

It's all just quotes from Round with fuck all input from Jackson. Nothing to see here. Move on. Stop looking for things to be bitter about.

Same journo on the suarez bite, Jackson dosnt just stick with quotes this time but makes his "input" clear in the article heading.

Only surprise about Luis Suárez's 10-match ban is Liverpool's shock | Jamie Jackson | Football | theguardian.com

And Sky Sports Soccer Saturday in their league round up highlights reel report that Leyton Orient are the only team in all four divisions to still have a 100% record in the league....

Jeff Stelling corrected it, but as it was last Saturdays goals, it makes one wonder if the highlights reel was compiled before we played United and they just presumed that we'd drop points? Wouldn't surprise me!