You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

second goal last night obviously wasnt his fault but it was typical Reina, crouch, stick an arm out and look over shoulder as the ball whistles past

Edit: actually, just seen it again, straight at him, could of saved it

Couldn't have made himself smaller if he'd taken up yoga on the pitch and crossed his knees

Can't exclude van der Sar either.

You certainly can in my book, sold off by Juventus in order to sign Buffon, Not interested in how good the replacement is you don't look to be getting rid of a world class keeper, particularly to be spending 20million more on a replacement when other areas of the team need strengthening, went to Fulham where he did a good job for a few years but no-one really gave a shit about him and then signed by Scum who had had a succesion of dire keepers following Schmeichel's departure and whilst he was a sturdy reliable asset for them was never near world class but of course Manchester United's P.R machine had many people believing other wise, funny how no-one thought he was World Class at Fulham

You certainly can in my book, sold off by Juventus in order to sign Buffon, Not interested in how good the replacement is you don't look to be getting rid of a world class keeper, particularly to be spending 20million more on a replacement when other areas of the team need strengthening, went to Fulham where he did a good job for a few years but no-one really gave a shit about him and then signed by Scum who had had a succesion of dire keepers following Schmeichel's departure and whilst he was a sturdy reliable asset for them was never near world class but of course Manchester United's P.R machine had many people believing other wise, funny how no-one thought he was World Class at Fulham

As much as I hate to argue on in favour of a Utd player, and whilst World Class can be open to interpretation, I just can't agree with you.

1. Sold off by Juventus in order to sign Buffon - Incorrect. Buffon was signed and Van der Sar didn't want to be second choice.

2. Not interested in how good the replacement is - In this case, you should be. He was replaced by arguably the second best italian goalkeeper ever (I would say Zoff is number 1. Like I said, arguable). They signed Buffon because he was phenomenal, not because van der Sar was shit.

3. Went to Fulham - No explanation for that one. I thought it was an odd move at the time, and still do. How do you know nobody thought he was world class at Fulham? I thought he was world class at Ajax, then Juventus. Then opinion didn't change as he moved on, and I was fucking disappointed when he signed for Utd as he was a player I liked.

Individual Honours :

Best European Goalkeeper (2): 1995, 2009, 2011

Dutch Football Goalkeeper of the Year (4): 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997

Dutch Golden Shoe (1): 1998

PFA Premier League Team of the Year (3): 2006–07, 2008–09, 2010–11

UEFA Euro 2008 Team of the Tournament

Barclays Merit Award (1): 2008–09

Barclays Golden Glove (1): 2008–09

UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year (1): 2009

"Van der Sar represented the Dutch national team 130 times, which makes him the country's most capped player. This puts him in the top forty most capped players of all time". Edwin van der Sar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'Edwin is the best goalkeeper we have had since Peter Schmeichel,' said Ferguson. Barclays Premier League - ESPN FC

Arguably world class, Scum PR machine or not.

As much as I hate to argue on in favour of a Utd player, and whilst World Class can be open to interpretation, I just can't agree with you.

1. Sold off by Juventus in order to sign Buffon - Incorrect. Buffon was signed and Van der Sar didn't want to be second choice.

2. Not interested in how good the replacement is - In this case, you should be. He was replaced by arguably the second best italian goalkeeper ever (I would say Zoff is number 1. Like I said, arguable). They signed Buffon because he was phenomenal, not because van der Sar was shit.

3. Went to Fulham - No explanation for that one. I thought it was an odd move at the time, and still do. How do you know nobody thought he was world class at Fulham? I thought he was world class at Ajax, then Juventus. Then opinion didn't change as he moved on, and I was fucking disappointed when he signed for Utd as he was a player I liked.

Individual Honours :

Best European Goalkeeper (2): 1995, 2009, 2011

Dutch Football Goalkeeper of the Year (4): 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997

Dutch Golden Shoe (1): 1998

PFA Premier League Team of the Year (3): 2006–07, 2008–09, 2010–11

UEFA Euro 2008 Team of the Tournament

Barclays Merit Award (1): 2008–09

Barclays Golden Glove (1): 2008–09

UEFA Club Goalkeeper of the Year (1): 2009

"Van der Sar represented the Dutch national team 130 times, which makes him the country's most capped player. This puts him in the top forty most capped players of all time". Edwin van der Sar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'Edwin is the best goalkeeper we have had since Peter Schmeichel,' said Ferguson. Barclays Premier League - ESPN FC

Arguably world class, Scum PR machine or not.

If he was world class there would've been no interest in Buffon in the first place, unless you have a team full of world class players you don't replace the world class ones you already have when there of other weak areas, Juventus obviously didn't see Van Der Sar as that good.

How do I know no-one thought he was world class at Fulham? Because I never heard anyone say anything like that when he was there, like I say typical PR machine just like when Ronaldo left they tried to change the perception to that Rooney was now the best player in the world

If he was world class there would've been no interest in Buffon in the first place, unless you have a team full of world class players you don't replace the world class ones you already have when there of other weak areas, Juventus obviously didn't see Van Der Sar as that good.

How do I know no-one thought he was world class at Fulham? Because I never heard anyone say anything like that when he was there, like I say typical PR machine just like when Ronaldo left they tried to change the perception to that Rooney was now the best player in the world

Eh? Did you even read what I wrote? They bought Buffon because of how good he was, not because of how shit van der Sar was.

I'll leave this now, as even the facts I presented in my previous post are clearly not going to be enough to convince you otherwise. "Yeah, he's well average coz Utds PR Machine said he was good". I hate Utd as much as you or anyone else here, but I'm not one eyed about it i.e. I can tell which of their players are good, and I'm big enough to acknowledge that. Rooney isn't all that IMO.

Just like Columbo, one final thing :-

Worldwide league record keeping clean sheet (1,311 minutes, set in 2008–09 Premier League)

World record = world class? Arguable.

Reina was better than Cech when they were both at their best

On his day, maybe.

But world class is synonymous with doing it in the big games, CL wins, title winning campaigns etc, Reina has never had that opportunity on a consistent basis.

I rate Reina, and feel sorry for him. Thwarted in playing in the big games with Spain, and joining us after our CL triumph. I also think that is part of his recent malaise.

On his day, maybe.

But world class is synonymous with doing it in the big games, CL wins, title winning campaigns etc, Reina has never had that opportunity on a consistent basis.

I rate Reina, and feel sorry for him. Thwarted in playing in the big games with Spain, and joining us after our CL triumph. I also think that is part of his recent malaise.

Well thanks, you've just agreed with me re van der Sar.

I don't know whether to be happy, or grate all my skin off.

Eh? Did you even read what I wrote? They bought Buffon because of how good he was, not because of how shit van der Sar was.

I'll leave this now, as even the facts I presented in my previous post are clearly not going to be enough to convince you otherwise. "Yeah, he's well average coz Utds PR Machine said he was good". I hate Utd as much as you or anyone else here, but I'm not one eyed about it i.e. I can tell which of their players are good, and I'm big enough to acknowledge that. Rooney isn't all that IMO.

Just like Columbo, one final thing :-

Worldwide league record keeping clean sheet (1,311 minutes, set in 2008–09 Premier League)

World record = world class? Arguable.

No the stats won't change my opinion on him, I'd attribute Scum's defence for that award, Vidic was amazing back then and unfortunately that cunt Evra was also excellent for a couple of seasons,Ferdinand has always been good with Vidic alongside him and O'Shea had a good season if I recall correctly, yes I did read what you put but I still stand by the fact you don't buy a new keeper if you already have a world class one, you didn't see Chelsea trying to buy Casillas when Cech was world class etc, I just don't and never have rated Van Der Sar as anything above very good