You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

27 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

He’s obviously trying to get Vinicius to leave Spain to join us and play alongside Salah and Gapko.

Yet this is the thanks he gets from wools like JohnnyH. That’s gratitude for you.

*fat wool

2 hours ago, Curly said:

Fair enough - if it’s a case of him saying “if he doesn’t want racist abuse, then don’t act the cunt” then that is bad. Really bad.

But if he’s saying “the abuse someone gets should never be racist, but he does deserve non-racist grief as he is a cunt” then it’s more a case of ‘why say anything at all? Sit this out you fool’. Not the best time to chime in with the fact you don’t like Vini Jr

Think its fairly clear what he is saying there.

Just saw this and it’s fucking awful. He has basically said don’t provoke people with playing up if you don’t want to racially abused. He can get to fuck.

They all play up now and antagonise the opposition and crowd because of how the crowd are to them. Have a go at their ability or allegiance but to target someone over their skin colour is a fucking disgrace and to try and somehow try and justify that is horrific.

Those four, eight or thousand who called Vinicius a ‘monkey’ must be condemned” 

Fucking hell, do you think?!?!?!  I watched a video of the abuse the lad gets at most away games and it’s far more than that. It’s in the ground, in the streets when the coach arrives and everywhere he goes.

The UK is not a shining example but I lived in Spain for a few years and it is racist as fuck. It’s ingrained in their psyche.

10 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Just saw this and it’s fucking awful. He has basically said don’t provoke people with playing up if you don’t want to racially abused. He can get to fuck.

They all play up now and antagonise the opposition and crowd because of how the crowd are to them. Have a go at their ability or allegiance but to target someone over their skin colour is a fucking disgrace and to try and somehow try and justify that is horrific.

Those four, eight or thousand who called Vinicius a ‘monkey’ must be condemned” 

Fucking hell, do you think?!?!?!  I watched a video of the abuse the lad gets at most away games and it’s far more than that. It’s in the ground, in the streets when the coach arrives and everywhere he goes.

The UK is not a shining example but I lived in Spain for a few years and it is racist as fuck. It’s ingrained in their psyche.

The places where the Franco regime flourished most are most likely (?) to produce that racism,I'd guess. I'd also guess ex pat communities would hardly be tolerant given they move abroad 'because of the immigrants' and vote Tory. Ultimately I imagine the media is as right wing as everywhere else and this is a big reason why racism is rife the world over.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Code said:

IMG_0547.jpeg

Haha! That makes absolutely no sense.

He’s played literally hundreds more games than most of them. Of course he’ll have the highest number of clean sheets.

A goalkeeper who by the end of his turn with us was more interested in leading the celebrations as third choice with Spain for players who actually won trophies for them than he was in making routine saves for us.

Not fit to lace Alisson’s or Kelleher’s boots. Even Mignolet was a better bet than him by the end.

1 hour ago, Code said:

IMG_0547.jpeg

Conceding goals to games played.  A much better reference point

2.2       Neur, Bufon, 

2.3       Cech, Valdes

2.4       McGregor,  Courtois

2,5      Reina, Casillas

2.7      Patricio

2.9     Lloris

11 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Conceding goals to games played.  A much better reference point

2.2       Neur, Bufon, 

2.3       Cech, Valdes

2.4       McGregor,  Courtois

2,5      Reina, Casillas

2.7      Patricio

2.9     Lloris

Probably also worth noting 95% of McGregor's games have been against Stenhousemuir.

27 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Surprised he played more games than Casillas and Buffon.

Shocked by those numbers, I associate with him starting and ending his career on the bench.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Reina has been playing forever though. Any chance of context in those lists? Percentages plus quality of teams played for would be more closely related to excellence.

Quality from the top five leagues in Europe, by that Spain, England, Italy, Germany and France. 

IMG_0548.jpeg