You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hurricane Sandy - Frankenstorm!

Spy Bee

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a call from our fellow forumite Iceman today, he is really fucked out there in Hoboken. The streets are still flooded because the water appears to be trapped, several feet high, full of sewage and growing more toxic by the day. Power is out. He can't leave his house and made the call from the his roof, before turning off his cell to conserve battery. He said national guard trucks are driving around the streets rescuing those in greatest need. So far he and his wife have enough food but theyve run out of ice to keep it cool with.

He deserves our thoughts and of course our rep points.

Still no power in any of the towns around me in central Jersey. The big hunt has been on to find gasoline. I waited two hours in line today and when I finally got to the top they sold out. Fuck off. The few random gas stations open have hours worth of cars in line with a police presence to stop the fights that break out.

I was lucky enough to buy a generator a few days before the storm which has served me well, but unless I find gas I'll be in the dark soon.

Although it could be much worse, those poor sods at the shore and in Hoboken are in a much tougher spot.

I'm alive bitches !!

Sandy - what a slag she was. Hoboken looks like an apocalypse, and people are just starting to clean up now. The sludge has slowly gone (trust me that shit was toxic, it was disgusting and it stank of petrol and fumes) and now people are slowly trying to sort themselves out and get ready for the freezing temps that have been predicted for wednesday. There is no petrol. Huge queues for 'gas' as they call it here. When society breaks down it gets ugly. National Guard have been driving around in trucks like some hollywood movie. Hospital closed.

The hurricane itself wasn't too strong (I've been through some CAT 5 monsters before ) but the surge was ridiculous. I watched the Hudson River flowing down my street and power lines exploding - crazy crazy shit.

Anyway, we give thanks for life and remember the poor souls who Sandy took. RIP.

Thanks for all the goodwill lads. Really, thanks. Much appreciated.

Oh and Iceman officially has ice again.

Let me tell you Alan, she blew harder than a jersey crack whore trying to get mr Big his money for the weekend. Sandy was wet and wild and she moaned like some kind of crazed howling banshee, and when she'd taken all the biggest wood the city had to offer and reduced them to little stumps, she started to make Hudson swell. She made him roll and slither like some kind of gargantuan wet snake until he was ready to blow his huge toxic load all over the filthy city streets of vice and whores. All over the filthy sex ridden streets of the filthy city Alan. Like some kind of snake fed on a diet of gasoline and oil with a side of street filth, Hudson blew his huge load of filthy pap all over the city's dirty streets of shame Alan.

But like I said, I've seen worse.

My girlfriend and sister are going to Manhattan on Friday.

They've been thinking about not going. Is that area all alright? Is it worth them still going?

Is it meant to be freezing next week or something?

Yeah there's a bad cold front coming on wednesday / thurs Paulie.