You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone who drink drives is a fucking prat and better off dead before they kill someone innocent.

Spot on.

A fella my dad used to work with was killed outside work one morning. My dad knew him from the days this lad was an apprentice and he was 40odd when he was killed. Everybody knew this lad liked a drink and at BAE Systems there is/was a drinking culture that was evident even in work. They even have a club on site! Anyhow, this lad had been on the piss all Sunday as his lad was home from the RAF and allegedly was seen going home at 1am. He was heading to work at 6am the following morning and some way somehow he ended up on the other side of the road in his high powered car and stuffed it into a lorry, writing it off and killing himself out right. His post mortem found that he was FIVE times over the drink drive limit.

According to my dad, it was lucky that he was the only one who died in that accident. Had it been a bus full of school kids, you just couldn't begin to imagine it.

Just goes to show how hypocritical life is in general. When someone makes a mistake you get people coming out with their opinion as if they have never done anything wrong themselves. It's very rarely the case.

Carlisle is a perfect example.

I'm just counting down the days until they uncover Jason Roberts peadophilia ring.

Just goes to show how hypocritical life is in general. When someone makes a mistake you get people coming out with their opinion as if they have never done anything wrong themselves. It's very rarely the case.

Carlisle is a perfect example.

I'm just counting down the days until they uncover Jason Roberts peadophilia ring.

I know. Drink Driving, one rung down from mass murder apparently.

• Upvote 1

Suicide bombers think they are carrying out the will of God and making the ultimate sacrifice. 

The polar opposite of being a selfish cunt. Please refer to them as deluded cunts in future

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but I read an interesting article a while back about suicide bombers.  Obviously, if you want to stop something happening, you've first got to understand why it happens.  All the intelligence efforts against suicide bombers tend to focus on them as bombers, overlooking the (fairly obvious) fact that they are also suicides.  The whole issue needs a serious rethink.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21929240.200-martyr-myth-inside-the-minds-of-suicide-bombers.html?full=true#.VKKG0sc4NA

To get back on track - I'm not going to judge or condemn anyone who commits (or attempts) suicide, for the simple reason that my mind has (thankfully) never been there, so I'm not qualified to pass judgement.  Also, I hope Carlisle and his family get over this, for the simple reason that they're human.

Woah fucking hell! 

Do you think that just possibly him drink driving might be a symptom of his mental health issues? You know, the fact that he was willing to throw himself under a lorry perhaps indicates that he was not of complete sound mind in this period of his life.

I don't like the man. In fact, I think he's a cunt (as far as his conduct in the media goes), but maybe we could try being less judgemental and think about trying a little compassion.

Nobody is trying to say drink driving is okay, but maybe we need to look at the whole picture.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1