You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jim Bowen

Bjornebye

Thats 6 - matching his and hers lighters.

Bullseyes wass fucking awesome, and Jim was of his time.

Unfortunately we were all a bit more bigoted back then.

Downloaded the first and second series a couple go yeat back and said to the missus we must watch this, and it was car crash tv, mix of racial/ sexual/ homophobic slurs on the contestants.

Still far better than half the shite in tv today though. Mainly because it reminds me in my grand parents.

• Upvote 1

Thats 6 - matching his and hers lighters.

Bullseyes wass fucking awesome, and Jim was of his time.

Unfortunately we were all a bit more bigoted back then.

Downloaded the first and second series a couple go yeat back and said to the missus we must watch this, and it was car crash tv, mix of racial/ sexual/ homophobic slurs on the contestants.

Still far better than half the shite in tv today though. Mainly because it reminds me in my grand parents.

Your grandparents were prone to a mix of racial/sexual/homophobic slurs?

That's epic stupidity. He's basically got a third of a board to aim at there after he hits that 20

Yeah, his math went to shit. A bit of composure would have been enough but I guess it's hard with the studio lights.  Should have used his all the time in the world.

Yeah, I was born mid 70s, they weren’t NF members or anything like that but “mild” bigotry was still the order of the day. I grew up on the Kop in the 80s where the language was also pretty fucking bigoted.

Who didn't love a bit of casual racism/homophobia/misogyny etc with their Sunday dinner!

'Iiiinnnn one.'

I'd love to find a clip of the episode but Mrs Junipers dad went on Bullseye. Was his job to answer the questions.

Didn't get a single answer right sadly. He's one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever met but he completely crumbled under pressure.

Her parents have it on VHS but I've got no idea what episode it is. Not seen it in a few years.

• Upvote 1