You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Sad innit, I'll never forget the days when we had under 21's, B teams and the A team all ram packed full of amazing strikers, and even had the luxury of telling the likes of Sutton, Collymore, and Le Tissier they may as well retire from international football, we also used to have a lot of ace Centre backs and goalies but I digress.

Shearer, Wright, Sheringham, Ferdinand and fowler in the B team or the under 21's couldnt get a look in.

Stuart pearce wants another contract? I bet they give him one aswell. He is rubbish and embodies Englands whole ethic from top to bottom.

Its shocking how England are just complete !@#$%^&* from youth to seniors

Shelvey looked totally out of his depth aswell, and even had the nerver to be pissed off when he got subbed.

His shot from the half way line when he had 3 players breaking at speed next to him sums him up. His touch is shocking.

Henderson did little to impress either.

Glenn Hoddle was a fantastic player and he summed it up well:

If you cant recieve the ball under pressure and be comfortable with it then you wont get anywhere.

Passing it off and making a run into space is nonsense football.

I was one for giving Shelvey more time but my patience is running out now. He is not showing enough progress for me to warrant his retention.

England 2-0 down against Norway, could be out of the Tournament in the groups! I don't understand why he's playing Zaha upfront, a winger who hardly ever scores? Then again, it's Stuart Pearce.

As an aside, Henderson's movement really is brilliant, Caulkers defending, not so much

England 2-0 down against Norway, could be out of the Tournament in the groups! I don't understand why he's playing Zaha upfront, a winger who hardly ever scores? Then again, it's Stuart Pearce.

As an aside, Henderson's movement really is brilliant, Caulkers defending, not so much

Oh come on now stop picking on Pearce he's only been in the job 6 years.

Goal 1:

Butland fails to get a strong punch on the first corner and when the cross finally comes in from the second England fail to clear. The ball falls for Semb Berge and he turns nicely in one motion to find the bottom corner. It all seemed to happen in slow motion and after a bright opening England are behind.

Goal 2:

Nielsen lifted the ball over the head of Caulker and Berget raced onto it in the left channel. He allowed for a couple of bounces before connecting sweetly with his left foot to beat Butland for pace.

After the goal:

Henderson showing his frustration now, just as Smith did with Caulker for the goal. England facing elimination with a game to spare unless they can come up with something soon

people wonder why England are shit when Roy Hodgson and Stuart Pearce get the top two national management jobs

People wonder why England are shit when the FA is made up of fucking no-mark execs and have shiny brass plaques outside their offices, and have a St George's Cross sewn into their jackets.

I bet the next thing they do is appoint a black manager at Under 21 level.

"HEy, FA YOURE SHIT AND YOU NEED FUCKING SORTING OUT YOU FUCKING...oh lordy look, my apologies, you did a great, great thing today, appointing the minority sacrifice named Paul Ince, this is a wonderful day for coloured people, LONG LIVE THE FA, Chist where's my shirt and tie, I need to go the pub and show some fackin respect".

3-0 to Norway now. England had actually started 2nd half well but just shows what a shambles the England set up is.

NOT defending Pearce by any stretch of the imagination but apparently there are 13 unavailable u21 players because they either went to play the 2 friendlies with the Senior team or other reasons. That's ridiculous when you consider the type of players Spain, Italy and Germany take with them, Juan Mata was one of there main players in 2011 before going to win the Euros in 2012.

looking forward to the U21 game tonight, Robinson, Wisdom, Henderson, Jonjo and Borini all potentially involved

think England actually have an alright team at this level but imagine Pearce's shite tactics will !@#$%^&* them up like last time, always good watching Henderson run the game at this level though, would back Ince to show up Zaha again too

An opportunity for Borini to show what he is really made of. I missed Italy v Israel, how did Borini do?

Penalty to England 3-1, Dawson scores.

Going back to my last post, what benefit do Oxlade Chamberlain and Phil Jones etc get from playing 2 meaningless friendlies rather than playing in this tournament? Stupid.

3-0 to Norway now. England had actually started 2nd half well but just shows what a shambles the England set up is.

NOT defending Pearce by any stretch of the imagination but apparently there are 13 unavailable u21 players because they either went to play the 2 friendlies with the Senior team or other reasons. That's ridiculous when you consider the type of players Spain, Italy and Germany take with them, Juan Mata was one of there main players in 2011 before going to win the Euros in 2012.

Or maybe they realised they'd be playing for Pearce and thought that they had better things to do with their summer?

Penalty to England 3-1, Dawson scores.

Going back to my last post, what benefit do Oxlade Chamberlain and Phil Jones etc get from playing 2 meaningless friendlies rather than playing in this tournament? Stupid.

A chance to impress the man who will be in charge if England qualify for the 2014 world cup?

If that manager wants you to play in 2 friendlies instead of playing in this tournament then it shows he doesn't value u21 football very highly, so it would be pointless going to this tournament really, if your aim is to be a regular in the senior team.

I agree that it'd be much better for them to experience tournament football but its obvious Roy Hodgson doesn't see it that way so no point, in their eyes, to bother with it either.