You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest surprise has to be Shelvey not playing, our best performer in pre-season not getting a sniff is a bit annoying (especially when Spearing and Henderson are given starts).

Also - how the hell has Downing warranted a start! Pacheco was miles ahead in his US performances yet he is rumored to be on his way.... It's fucking annoying, so much for everybody being given a chance and being fairly assessed!

And you were cool with that at the time, were you?

Losing form is good form, reverse psychology, lull them into a false sense of security, run the risk of potential ECL knockout at qualifying stage and all that?

Yeah. All good.

Wish everyone was as cool, calm and collected as you.

Sadly, I'm in the drama queen camp. Less cool, but more fun.

And even passion perhaps.

No. Just someone with enough sense not to get carried away with what is a glorified pre-season friendly.

Not saying the performance is in anything above poor. But pre-season.

And I'm sure like yerself, have seen enough pre-season games to not base any kind of judgement on a team from them. Be it good or bad.

Wow.

Im sitting here open mouthed at the horrific shite im watching here.

I feel bad for Carra that this turgid, awful guff is his 700th game. He deserves better.

By the way - can someone explain to me when someone puts (sic) after something they've said - what it is supposed to mean. Thanks.

What a bunch of cry-babies on here. What the fuck did you expect under these circumstances?

To be beating a side from fucking Belarus.

It's FC Gomel for fucks sake.

Or looking like we might score.

Or playing some decent football.

Not lucky to still be drawing with FC Gomel.

No. Just someone with enough sense not to get carried away with what is a glorified pre-season friendly.

Not saying the performance is in anything above poor. But pre-season.

And I'm sure like yerself, have seen enough pre-season games to not base any kind of judgement on a team from them. Be it good or bad.

Mate, I have no prob with you calling for calm. You're entitled to your call.

But this ain't a friendly.

Shankly and Paisley and a few reasonable players under them sweated blood to win the equivalent of this competition in the 70s.

I respect that.

And if this club doesn't, judging by their performance tonight, then that's pretty fucking crook.

We might not want to be in the tournament, but we are. And, from what I can see on the telly, that still involves wearing a red shirt with the city's crest on your heart.

Is all.