You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh. I hope we bin Downing.

320+ Crosses. 24% conversion on the Crosses.

87 Quality scoring chances created.

Defensively responsible.

Athletic, and Quick.

Good grief.

Yes, he needs to add more goals/assists, but when the whole squad is converting only 9% of their scoring chances... what the fuck do you expect?

Shame.We`ve lost a good player who was criminally underused by the last two managers.Some have highlighted the wages,but sometimes you have to see further than that and I´ll leave that to the bean counters who see players as assets and judge them as such.

Hopefully his exit means more time for Sterling - as I cannot see Bellamy playing more than 25 games or Downing surprising us.

320+ Crosses. 24% conversion on the Crosses.

87 Quality scoring chances created.

Defensively responsible.

Athletic, and Quick.

Good grief.

Yes, he needs to add more goals/assists, but when the whole squad is converting only 9% of their scoring chances... what the fuck do you expect?

With 72 shots and 0 goals I'd suggest Downing is one of the main reasons that our conversion rate was so low last season.

With 72 shots and 0 goals I'd suggest Downing is one of the main reasons that our conversion rate was so low last season.

We were 13% the year before, and the difference is 15 goals. Downing is not the reason our % rate was so low, as Stewart has never accounted for 15 league goals in a single season.

We were 13% the year before, and the difference is 15 goals. Downing is not the reason our % rate was so low, as Stewart has never accounted for 15 league goals in a single season.

I said one of the main reasons, not the only reason. The 15 goals (minimum) is the difference between playing Maxi, Meireles and Kuyt in 10-11 and Downing, Henderson and Carroll instead last season.

I said one of the main reasons, not the only reason. The 15 goals (minimum) is the difference between playing Maxi, Meireles and Kuyt in 10-11 and Downing, Henderson and Carroll instead last season.

Maxi scored what... all of his goals in a four game stretch? So did Meireles. We are much better served with them getting 1 goal in a game, and spreading it out, than two hat tricks back to back...

Kuyt was definitely poor last season, as well.

Obviously, our striking was the difference last season hence, Rodgers is overhauling the forwards. Kuyt, Maxi, Carroll (possibly) all gone. Borini in - Shelvey signs long term contract; Pacheco may be in the mix if he's back training and going on the American tour.

I'm starting to wonder if Bellamy is actually going anywhere? We'll need SOME experience.

Obviously Suarez will just do his own thing, when he gets back from the Olympics, but this tour of Nth America w/o him, might be a bit of an eye opener.

Obviously, our striking was the difference last season hence, Rodgers is overhauling the forwards. Kuyt, Maxi, Carroll (possibly) all gone. Borini in - Shelvey signs long term contract; Pacheco may be in the mix if he's back training and going on the American tour.

I'm starting to wonder if Bellamy is actually going anywhere? We'll need SOME experience.

Obviously Suarez will just do his own thing, when he gets back from the Olympics, but this tour of Nth America w/o him, might be a bit of an eye opener.

As soon as I heard that Bellamy was on 80,000p/w... I'm pretty sure we're going to move him on.

I think he's a great squad player, but not at that price.

Maxi scored what... all of his goals in a four game stretch? So did Meireles. We are much better served with them getting 1 goal in a game, and spreading it out, than two hat tricks back to back...

Kuyt was definitely poor last season, as well.

Yeah, whopper Maxi, should have done like downing and scored all 0 goals in a 0 game stretch or been pinging crosses to opposition players.