You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our worst signings

No2

Not that I would want to question any fan on their loyalty, oh no.

But how many of those 10 are league games, how many minus the everton, mancs (both twats) arsenal. We're not couting league cup or FA Cup now, nor the trips to wembley.

I have a lot of respect for fans that travel a long way to watch the team, for me it's a short bus ride. For others it's time off work, hotel and flights, a costly venture.

He didn't say Liverpool games fella, he went to 10 games total.

Guest TK-421

Has anybody mentioned Meireles? 13m + wages for the few weeks when he didn't play like a complete pussy and then he asks for a pay rise.

Bald, SBATS prick.

Josemi/Kromkamp didn't we pretty much get our money back on those? i.e. what we paid for Josemi vs. what we sold Kromkamp for, with the straight swap of the two in the middle. Don't remember hearing that either were on piss-takingly massive wages either although I may be wrong on that. Plus I don't remember Kromkamp being that bad, was hardly an inspired signing I know but I don't think he deserves to be in this particular squad or XI either.

Difference between worst players and worst signings, hence why Downing is (rightfully) featuring so much despite being more mediocre than utter shite.

Agree with this. I can't complain about the signing of Kromkamp, because he was a replacement for Josemi. If you cost peanuts and you improve the squad, you're not a bad signing.

I went for a collection of Rafa signings instead because the amount of shite signed under him is simply astounding.

No.

You went for a collection of Rafa signings because you are a bell-end with a massive chip on your shoulder.

Even amongst the XI you tried to assemble to prove your point, you included Lucas (an absolute steal at £6m) and a few players who can't be considered "bad signings" because they were dirt cheap squad fillers.

Not every thread is a platform for your perverse obsession.

Wrong.

I'll give you a clue, more than anything I pick dates.

I'd just like to chime in here.

I used to think that the personal attacks on individual posters that often characterised more polemic threads were wrong. As they were usually perpetrated on fellow Liverpool supporters, they used to often bother me.

But having been a member of this site for a few years, I don't think I've come across a more insidiously poisonous individual than this Norweigan.

Every thread he was on was full of half-baked theories of how we can improve based on meaningless statistics, or rat-like attacks on certain players regardless of performance, and of course on one of our managers.

Certainly there's truth to the adage "give him enough rope" - every post reveals the bitter obsession and lack of football knowledge. Walton's called it right - you are a jonny-come-lately who would struggle to know players from our club pre-2005. (Get your vids out….) Here's hoping Bran Bergen or whatever they're called have a good season so we can be rid.

Don't pretend your all-too transparent Rafa attack (the familiar rat modus operandi) was a light-hearted response - you've never said anything remotely approaching humour in your life. (I'd look forward to the "Fuck off you Rafa loving cunt" neg, but unfortunately for you I won't be logging on to read it.)

You can add my name to the list of people who don't post anymore, or who visit very rarely because of him.

Code you are one huge, HUGE BELL.

Razor - over and out.

And while I'm on, Paul, your piece on Brendan Rodgers was outstanding.

That is all.

GK: Brad Jones £2.5m for a M`boro reserve and looks a nervous wreck.

RB: Degen, £40k a week for three years of inactivity.

LB: Konchesky, £4m on a 29yr old journeyman.

CB: Gabrial Paletta, £2m Kamikaze defending

CB: Phil Babb: £4m Absolute shite, hated him with a passion.

RM: Jimmy Carter: 1.5m (i think) A bizarre signing at the time really and he was useless.

LM: Bernard Diomede, £3m played a handful of games, once hit the post.

CM: Paul Stewart: £2m huge letdown, ran like he had lead in his boots.

CM: Alberto Aquilani: £17m not without talent but for sheer lack of value he has to make the team.

CF: Sean Dundee: £2m Possibly the worst player ever to play for us. It pains me that he`s had the privilege to ever pull on the red shirt.

CF: Andy Carroll: £35m An obscene amount of money for one so limited. Not the worst player but the worst value. Still time to change that though. Here`s hoping.

SUBS: Too many to mention sadly.

Insert costly shit back up keeper here

Dossena £7m. If them owners give him money he would have bought Evra don't you know

Babb tit

Pellegrino Slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Johnson £18m. Very expensive downgrade

Downing 18m Been shit so far

Barry .....

Aquilani. Pound for pound the worst transfer in the clubs history

Pennant. Shit the day he was born

Keane. Politicking

Diouf cunt

• 3 weeks later...
Following on from the "Director of Football" discussions, who would your worst pound for pound XI be? Which players would a DOF have saved us from without the benefit of hindsight but by just opening his fucking eyes? The reason I mention hindsight is because likes Robbie Keane, Harry Kewel or Fernando Morientes would be considered flops but a fair amount of people would have been optimistic about their arrival at the time.

GK:Kirkland - why buy 2 keepers in 1 day:dunno:

RB: Degen - an injury record that told us he would be injured all the time. Invented the phrase you get nothing for nothing.

CB Struggling with centre backs Ruddock

CB Dicks - because I'm struggling for numbers here

LB: Konchesky- Only behind Poulsen as the most blatantly bad signing

RW:

CM: Poulsen - Captain. You will do well to find 1 person other than Woy who agreed with this.

CM: Aquilani - Regardless of whether you rate him or not, like Degen he is built of wet cardboard and we knew it advance

LW: Aurelio (2nd time round) - See Degen only worse

CF: Collymore - Abandoning the hindsight rule for this prick.

CF: Babel - Abandoning the hindsight rule for this prick

By the way, it's Roy, unless you work for the S*n.

I know he subscribes and gives money to the site, and this response is in no way isolated absolutely to this thread, but pretty much every post Code makes on this board is an absolute embarrassement to our club. It really is sad to see that this man is in any way whatsoever a representation of our club to outsiders.