You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

I loved Dirk and as my auld fella (God rest him) once said, you send that lad out and the very least you get back from him is a wet shirt. Not the most technically gifted, granted, but he give you everything he had, worked like a trojan and never a murmur of protest from him about being played out of position (fer fucks sake Holland were playing him at left back in the last world cup). A great servant and ambassador to our great club. I'd have him back at the club in any role.The absolute opposite end of the spectrum to a shiftless cunt like Balotelli.

PS. Anyone who scores a hatrick against those cunts from down the road has deserved his place in the history books.

• Upvote 13

Didn't initially vote, as I thought it was wrong to compromise the integrity of a free FF poll, and because I think it's genuinely a difficult question. Have to say, though, the last 3 years really make a good case for his status, and I do consider him a Liverpool legend.

I actually met him at the Hilton in Glasgow, when Scotland played them at Hampden, and he couldn't have been nicer. I got the impression we could have talked for hours about anything from whisky to his "busy running style".

The only thing legendary with Kuyt is his legeandary shite touch, its harder than his shot.

If ever I'm unsure about a question, I consult the King of Wrong and settle for the opposite view.

110417-174-Arsenal_Liverpool-600x399.jpg

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/91620-dirk-kuyt-photoshop-special-breaking-records/

• Upvote 1

To be a legend he'd have needed to win more than just a League Cup. He came really close to winning the lot though, runner-up in the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup.

If that 2009 team had won the title all of the first team regulars would have acquired legend status, because they'd have been up there as one of the greatest Liverpool sides of all time.

Vlad knows.

Top bloke and better than 3 of the forwards at the club now.

Cult Hero? Too fucking right.

Legend? I'm sorry Dirk but legendary status at this club is something the likes of Souness, Kenny, Shanks etc have bestowed upon them. 

Its not dirk's fault he played for the club after our glory years ended and our fantastic teams had gone.

Despite what some say, you dont have to win things to be a legend here. Being a legend is fighting the lost cause, never giving up (by grabthar's hammer!) and the like.

Is jimmy traore a legend because he won the biggest trophy in club football, the European Cup in 2005? Dont think so.

Of course not,but he was a good player for us.

Legends are people like Kenny,Liddell,Shanks,Paisley and most likely Gerrard but not just very good players like Kuyt.

God,I hate the overuse of this word in modern culture.

Exactly.

Dirk Kuyt is a "legend" in the same way that Alvaro Arbeloa or Lucas is a legend.  

He's not.  Decent player, always worked hard, I wish he had stayed another year or two, but never anywhere close to meriting the term "legend."  And no, it's not defined by how much he won or didn't win, either.  I just hold that term in much higher regard - there are probably fewer than 25 Liverpool legends, total, in my opinion and Dirk Kuyt is not even in the conversation.

To be a legend he'd have needed to win more than just a League Cup. He came really close to winning the lot though, runner-up in the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup.

If that 2009 team had won the title all of the first team regulars would have acquired legend status, because they'd have been up there as one of the greatest Liverpool sides of all time.

I'm gutted to have missed out on getting my Albert riera and Andrea dossena tattoos.

He'd still be useful for us now playing the RWB position. Good luck to him, always showed the club the upmost respect and acclimated to the city perfectly. Scored some very important goals as well, in the derby and against the mancs. Cult hero.

I can't neg, but I can ask someone else to do it for me.

Will someone please neg the use of acclimated. Thanks.

There are loads of americanised words I can handle creeping into our dialogue, but when we have our own words - in our own language, named after us - that are in fact already better words and work better, the I can't accept it.

Acclimatised.

• Upvote 2

I can't neg, but I can ask someone else to do it for me.

Will someone please neg the use of acclimated. Thanks.

There are loads of americanised words I can handle creeping into our dialogue, but when we have our own words - in our own language, named after us - that are in fact already better words and work better, the I can't accept it.

Acclimatised.

I can't neg but I can ask someone to do it for me.

There are loads of words I can handle creeping into our dialogue, but when someone accidentally writes the, instead of then, then I lose my shit.

• Upvote 3

I can't neg but I can ask someone to do it for me.

There are loads of words I can handle creeping into our dialogue, but when someone accidentally writes the, instead of then, then I lose my shit.

You might feel like you win, but there's a massive difference between a typo and the use if an americanised term when a perfectly good English word is available.

You, focusing on the 'the not then' type issues all day, are as much to blame as anyone for letting the americanisation of out language occur. And for that reason I hope you rot in hell.

You might feel like you win, but there's a massive difference between a typo and the use if an americanised term when a perfectly good English word is available.

You, focusing on the 'the not then' type issues all day, are as much to blame as anyone for letting the americanisation of out language occur. And for that reason I hope you rot in hell.

Someone is on their period.

...and I mean period as in bleeding out of the fanny, not the American word for full stop.