You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Big brave racist lionheart John Terry

Redder Lurtz

Not surprised at the verdict as there was more than enough reasonable doubt in there. I also won't be at all surprised if the FA decide they don't need to act on this either. I don't know all the details but wasn't the initial allegation made by a fan who saw the incident on TV? If so, I'm pretty sure there wouldn't have been anything in the referee's report either (that would have been full of details about all the bookings and red cards that occurred during the match presumably) and thus nothing that would have been brought to the FA's attention.

A more likely reason for the FA not to act is that they've "moved on" since late December and don't want their glaring failings to come to light. If they were to use all the evidence available to come to a conclusion based on balance of probability, I've a feeling they'd still throw the case out. The reason being that logic and common sense have no place in their decision-making criteria.

One shrewdly handled case.One which redfined the word inept.

I feel sorry for Suarez.

You see that's bollocks. One case reported to the police resulting in it being heard in court where the criteria is more stringent, the other reported to the FA who rule on the balance of probabilities. They are completely different scenarios.

I feel sorry for Suarez, if he went through the same process as Terry he'd of got the same result. Our handling of the affair wouldn't of changed the fact that the matter was being heard by the FA rather than being passed on to the CPS.

That's not it at all though. One was tried in a court of law where guilt has to be determined beyond a reasonable doubt, the other was tried by an FA kangaroo court where the outcome is based on probabilities. Suarez was unlucky that nobody complained to the police, if they did he would of had the same outcome, or more than likely it would never of went to court.

True that, but people are only going to look at the outcomes and see that Terry is a brave Englishman using sarcasm in the face of provocation and that Suarez is a dirty foreign (the irony!) racist!

Cunts.

It isn't as clear cut as Englishman free, Foreigner guilty! More to do with Englishman trialled in a court of law where beyond reasonable doubt is demanded, and Foreigner trialled by an arbritrary committee where suspicion is accepted.

Since Suarez was found guilty, not of using Racially abusive language but refering to someones colour in a negative way, I think the FA has to convict Terry under the same conditions. There can be no other alternative, they gave themselves plenty of room to justify their decision on Luis, its scope was broad intentionally so that they could not be found wanting, but it has also meant that Terry must fit into that same broad criteria. They probably felt they were being smart and ensuring that there would be no room to appeal for Luis, but this means they have no room to dismiss Terry.

The trouble for the FA; if they charge him is that Terry and CFC will fight it. They wont shit out like we did.

It doesn't matter if they fight it or not. He made reference to another players colour, therefore he's guilty.

Kick it out chairman saying its a sad day for football.

Let me get this straight. It's a sad day because somebody was found not guilty of using racially abusive language. Do fuck off with that shit. Terry was cleared, he's therefore innocent and it doesn't make it a sad day just cause somebody was not found guilty.

He's right though Hank, I find this cherry picking of decisions quite pathetic. Suarez was found guilty, so you must accept it, John Terry was found not guilty so we will not accept it, that young Liverpool fan found not guilty of abusing the Oldham player, we don't accept that!

Now we know judgements are suspect, but there was a generally accepted argument that we were all racists and, condoned racism for not accept the Luis decision.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Not being funny mate, I don't really know what you're saying. I was just pointing out that just because he couldn't be proven guilty, it doesn't make him innocent.

Kick it out chairman saying its a sad day for football.

Let me get this straight. It's a sad day because somebody was found not guilty of using racially abusive language. Do fuck off with that shit. Terry was cleared, he's therefore innocent and it doesn't make it a sad day just cause somebody was not found guilty.

I absolutely hate KIO and the Suarez affair still makes my blood boil...

But there is no fucking way John Terry is innocent. No fucking way.

---------------------------------------------------

"Chief Magistrate Howard Riddle said he had heard a great deal of evidence to show Mr Terry was not a racist."

I wonder how much evidence the FA Panel looked at to decide if Suarez was not a racist? Let me guess.

-------------------------------------

"Elaborating on his judgement, Mr Riddle said Mr Ferdinand was brave to give evidence, calling him a "believable witness"."

Right, so Anton Ferdinand indescriminately goes around accusing people of calling him a black cunt? Just at random? And that's also acceptable now I suppose.

I want Anton Ferdinand eaten alive by the press for this. Someone's a cunt in all this, it's fucking stinks like a Darren Fletcher fart (TM Matthewbet1 2012).

Not being funny mate, I don't really know what you're saying. I was just pointing out that just because he couldn't be proven guilty, it doesn't make him innocent.

I know, I'm not stupid!

BBB was refering to the Chairman of KIO saying it sent the wrong message, he shouldn't be saying that. We all know the decision doesn't make a man innocent, but if you accept that you have to accept the opposite, which was never the case with Suarez.

That is what we (liverpool fans were always told) he was found guilty, accept the verdict, you are damaging the fight against racism.

---------------------------------------------------

"Chief Magistrate Howard Riddle said he had heard a great deal of evidence to show Mr Terry was not a racist."

I wonder how much evidence the FA Panel looked at to decide if Suarez was not a racist? Let me guess.

-------------------------------------

"Elaborating on his judgement, Mr Riddle said Mr Ferdinand was brave to give evidence, calling him a "believable witness"."

Right, so Anton Ferdinand indescriminately goes around accusing people of calling him a black cunt? Just at random? And that's also acceptable now I suppose.

I want Anton Ferdinand eaten alive by the press for this. Someone's a cunt in all this, it's fucking stinks like a Darren Fletcher fart (TM Matthewbet1 2012).

You want him eaten alive? Are you saying you believe Terry's version of events? If you do, please could you PM me your bank account details, I have $332220499432032 to send you.

I agree with the principle though; if Terry was telling the truth then we should expect a counter-charge