You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Charlie Adam

Megadrive Man

Agreed.

Something Liverpool fans always seem to do, at least on this forum, is want to sell any player as soon as they are not in the first team. Kelly's playing quite well - sell Johnson. Adam hasn't played in the last couple of games - sell him.

Play the kids instead!

I reckon we will have a tight enough budget, and centre midfield is one area that must be improved on,however it's also one area that we have Spearing Gerrard Adam Lucas Henderson and Shelvey so if we brought somebody in then one would likely need to go

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i can see i am probably one of the few who thinks he has qualities that we can use, and build on. But it seems to me that people had high hopes when he joined, maybe a bit too high?

We use him in a way i didn't hope for, because he is really bad defensively, but we play more 4-4-2 than 4-3-3, and he doesnt have that free role he did at Blackpool. Despite of that we play him in a position that doesn't fit him well, you still see some good performances.

People need to understand with a player like Adam, that he wants to make the difficult pass, and even the best players don't make them all the time. He has great vision, and a damn good left foot, and is a threat going forward.

He creates alot of opportunities and i like that people complain about Henderson that he is anonymous, and doesn't take enough risks out there, and Adam does the exactly opposite, and that is not good enough either.

Not that Adam is a GREAT player at all. He is decent, but we need to remember, that this is his first year at a big club, where he doesn't play have the freedom he used to. He needs to work on his decision making, and be better defensively but other than that, i think we have a decent squad player.

Guest TK-421

I like his buck-toothed swagger and magic wand of a left foot. He could double up as an extra in a Western. And Charlie Adam is such a cool name. What's not to like?

I like him, think he's a good squad addition but he shouldn't have been playing every week.

Agreed. He adds another dimension to our CM and his assist record this season puts our forward players to shame. An impressive achievement given how profligate we are and his relatively deep role. When his set-piece delivery picks up, as it surely will, he'll be a very useful player to have for the next few years.

He's alright when he's good, but rubbish when he's bad. From the first game against Guandong I could tell he wouldn't be able to play with Gerrard. So far he hasn't done anything to suggest otherwise.

Liverpool has played 9 games without Adam in the starting eleven.....8-0-1. 29 games with Adam in the starting eleven..... 11-11-7

would he get into utd, chelsea, arsenal or spurs teams? would he fuck. he shouldn't be playing for us

and his corners are a disgwace. a disgwace. it's a disgwace.

Of all the irritating cliches repeated on here this annoys me most. Would Cleverly get into our team? No. Would Diaby get into ours? No. Would Romeu get into ours? No. Would Sandro? No. He is a squad player. He has only played so many games because gerrard and lucas have been injured.

Of all the irritating cliches repeated on here this annoys me most. Would Cleverly get into our team? No. Would Diaby get into ours? No. Would Romeu get into ours? No. Would Sandro? No. He is a squad player. He has only played so many games because gerrard and lucas have been injured.

it can annoy you all you like. he is shit and i'm sick of the sight of him.

Personal opinion of course but I reckon all 4 of those would walk into our team whilst Lucas is injured.

As for Adam, the team looks much better without him than with him and I don't think that's a coincidence.

Personal opinion of course but I reckon all 4 of those would walk into our team whilst Lucas is injured.

As for Adam, the team looks much better without him than with him and I don't think that's a coincidence.

They'd all be in exactly the same place adam is currently.

and adam has played more games than them 4 combined this season.... still a disgwace. a disgwace. it is a disgwace.

He was shite against Sunderland but for a 10 minute spell in the second half it was hard to watch,he had the ball about 8 or 9 times and every time fucked it up.

Damn right it was hard to watch, it's one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen, and not just for Liverpool.

Liverpool has played 9 games without Adam in the starting eleven.....8-0-1. 29 games with Adam in the starting eleven..... 11-11-7

Ouch thats a bit damning, but since you obviously have looked this up, how does it look like in the PL?

I like him, think he's a good squad addition but he shouldn't have been playing every week.

I agree totally. Kenny seems to have realised lately that without Lucas Spearing needs to play before Adam. Charlie should play but never with Gerrard in a 442.

Whether he will be here next season is another story as another CM will probably be bought.

Supposing you need a squad of 24 - two players for every position, with 1 or 2 extras Kenny's thinking at the moment seems to be:

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Henderson Gerrard Lucas Downing

Suarez Carroll

Doni

Kelly Carragher Coates Aurelio/Flanagan/Robinson

Shelvey Adam Spearing Maxi

Bellamy Kuyt

with the front 4 in both teams interchangeable and flexible to play 433.

Kenny will probably replace 3 or 4 in the 2nd team if a better replacement became available in the summer. If he can replace them with 1st team players and the likes of Henderson, Downing and Carroll become squad players, then we will have an excellent squad IMO.

Aurelio will go and will not be replaced as there is sufficient numbers to replace him already. In my opinion it will be between Shelvey and Adam (and maybe Spearing if a DM is bought) as to who goes when a midfielder is purchased in the summer. Maxi will go and any one of Bellamy, Kuyt and Carroll will also be replaced by a striker.

A 2nd team of something like:

Doni

Kelly Carragher Coates Robinson

Henderson Shelvey/Adam Spearing Downing

Carroll Bellamy

is very strong. The plan is in place and it's very plain to see what Comolli was referring to last month about very few ins and outs required. Anyone that thinks that Kenny does not have a plan is very shortsighted.

Phase 1 of this plan was completed last summer with the Greek, Konchesky, Cole, Ngog, Meireles, Poulsen and Jovanovic replaced by Coates, Enrique, Downing, Bellamy, Henderson and Adam. That's a fair improvement and if 3 top midfield/attacking options come through the doors of Anfield by September we will not be outside the top 4 next year and hopefully challenging.

Agreed.

Something Liverpool fans always seem to do, at least on this forum, is want to sell any player as soon as they are not in the first team. Kelly's playing quite well - sell Johnson. Adam hasn't played in the last couple of games - sell him.

Play the kids instead!

Not sure the situation is too similar to that of Johnson/Kelly. Johnson is the best right back at the club, only nutters would want to sell him.

Adam isn't good enough, and we have plenty of central midfielders. I think we'll get rid in the summer.

Played 27 games in the PL. 10-9-8

This does not really add up though when you put it like that.

In the league we have 10-9-7 with Adam not starting and 11-9-8 overall.

We have played 28 games in the league, Adam has started 26 of them and came on as a sub in another one, the results in the games he did not start comes from a far to small sample to be used to back up anything.

He did not play against Everton and we won and he came on as a late sub against the mancs and we lost, so thats even Steven really.

When it comes to the Cup games it looks like this.

Carling Cup:

Started: Exeter win, City draw, Cardiff win.

On as a sub: Chelsea win, City win (on after 22 mins).

Not used: Stoke win.

FA Cup:

Started: Brighton win.

On as a sub: Man Utd win.

Not used: Oldham win, Stoke win.

So to sum it all up, its impossible to draw a conclusion about anything from this apart from we seem to win cup games no matter if Adam is starting, comes on as a sub or sits on the bench all game and from the games in the PL he has not started its 50-50 if we win or not.

Guest ShoePiss

My opinion on him hasn't changed much, he's the player I thought he was. This place was a little Charlie Adam fan club for a while, with sheep in here saying he's 'fucking brilliant' etc. Glad that's no longer the case. It's great to fully back a player but from what I saw it was more a case of opinions being formed on the strength of other opinions.

Squad player, no more no less.