You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Last night Chelsea lost and Spurs draw and we could have been right back in it already if we had won.

Its still possible but now we have to win the rest of our games, if we do we will most likely finish 4th.

First point: the story of our season. It wasn't like the others were so dominant. It is just hard to acknowledge what failures we have been when it counted to make up ground.

And no, it isn't possible, we won't win our remaining games and even then that probably won't be enough for 4th. We're 12 points off 4th with 9 games to go. You're seriously deluded and maybe retarded if you think that is possible.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem, I said that getting 4th was still possible if we could do the job ourselves as the other teams would drop points.

Last night Chelsea lost and Spurs draw and we could have been right back in it already if we had won.

Its still possible but now we have to win the rest of our games, if we do we will most likely finish 4th.

Sadly...the first 3 points have been wasted...:wallbutt:

Again if we can do the job needed the other teams will drop enough points for us to make it.

It looks like we will have a bit trouble being able to do our share of it though.

Arsenal 55 - max 82

Spurs 54 - max 82

Chelsea 49 - max 76

Toon 47 - max 74

if we win the rest of our games that will give us 69 points, 1 point more than the magical 68 points thats historically enough to secure 4th.

We can use Spurs as an example, in their 9 last games they have got 7 out of 27 possible points.

Chelsea have taken 12 out of their last 27 possible points etc, Newcastle have taken 14.

If they keep it up the next 9 they will finish like this.

Spurs 61 points

Chelsea 61 points

Newcastle 61 points

Again, if we win the rest of our games we will finish with 69 points.

the problem is that looking back at our last 9 games we've got 8 points, so we;ve got 1 point closer to tottenham and fallen further and further behind the rest.

Unfortunately, that scenario is likley to continue for the rest of the season.

Spurs 61 points

Chelsea 61 points

Newcastle 61 points

And there I was giving up hope, when in actual fact we can do it with a leg in the air.

Might even be able to take the piss in our last two games. :whistle:

the problem is that looking back at our last 9 games we've got 8 points, so we;ve got 1 point closer to tottenham and fallen further and further behind the rest.

Unfortunately, that scenario is likley to continue for the rest of the season.

Since you've given up on the rest of the season, and I presume you won't be going to the matches anymore, can I have your tickets for the remaining matches? Including the Semi-Final? I don't want to be greedy, but thought I'd ask just in case I don't make it in the ballot.

Cheers.

Again if we can do the job needed the other teams will drop enough points for us to make it.

It looks like we will have a bit trouble being able to do our share of it though.

Arsenal 55 - max 82

Spurs 54 - max 82

Chelsea 49 - max 76

Toon 47 - max 74

if we win the rest of our games that will give us 69 points, 1 point more than the magical 68 points thats historically enough to secure 4th.

We can use Spurs as an example, in their 9 last games they have got 7 out of 27 possible points.

Chelsea have taken 12 out of their last 27 possible points etc, Newcastle have taken 14.

Spurs 61 points

Chelsea 61 points

Newcastle 61 points

Look at this guy...what is wrong with you? Chelsea took 12 out of 27, Spurs 7 out os 27 - and how about us?

D L L L W L

4 losses in 6 games.

So how is this going to go, Chelsea, Newcastle, Arsenal and Spurs - three of them will implode beyond repair so we can make up 12 points in 9 games...please speak those words out loud, this idea of 4th is so beyond absurd that it shows who needs medical help. :whatever:

Since you've given up on the rest of the season, and I presume you won't be going to the matches anymore, can I have your tickets for the remaining matches? Including the Semi-Final? I don't want to be greedy, but thought I'd ask just in case I don't make it in the ballot.

Cheers.

What are you talking about? Allw e have left is the FA Cup and that won't be a walk in the park opposition like we played against mighty Cardiff and thank God those morons missed three of their penalties otherwise we would have nothing right now and contemplate how all this happened. Keep your head in the sand...its where it possibly belongs. Cheer us on, we can do no wrong...we're on a good way...2-3 against QPR, yeah another freak resulst, every year the same shite...but "next year", right? Can't hear it anymore. DELUSIONS:wallbutt:

Guest TK-421
The drone72.0 has been known to produce anamolous calculations.

Spurs 54 - max 82

I'd be interested in seeing Spurs take 28 points from 9 games.

Drone72.0 is malfunctioning.

*BEEP* *ERROR* *CORUSCANT* *ERRRRM THAT DOESN'T COMpUTe* *ERRRM* *YOU'rE UnDEr ArReST* *BEEEEEEEEPPPPPP*

What are you talking about? Allw e have left is the FA Cup and that won't be a walk in the park opposition like we played against mighty Cardiff and thank God those morons missed three of their penalties otherwise we would have nothing right now and contemplate how all this happened. Keep your head in the sand...its where it possibly belongs. Cheer us on, we can do no wrong...we're on a good way...2-3 against QPR, yeah another freak resulst, every year the same shite...but "next year", right? Can't hear it anymore. DELUSIONS:wallbutt:

What I was talking about was getting tickets. Yes it might be a tad premature (possibly greedy, even) to ask for tickets from people who appear to have given up on the rest of the season - but worth a try. I thought I made that clear.

What else you read into that, I feel, is clearly your own interpretation governed by some sort of agenda that I haven't quite figured out yet. I can't tell if you're angry about the entire season, angry about us wining the Carling Cup, angry about not winning the title this year. Perhaps all of those things maybe?

I'd be interested in seeing Spurs take 28 points from 9 games.

Drone72.0 is malfunctioning.

*BEEP* *ERROR* *CORUSCANT* *ERRRRM THAT DOESN'T COMpUTe* *ERRRM* *YOU'rE UnDEr ArReST* *BEEEEEEEEPPPPPP*

As you well know it was supposed to be 81, but considering they are on course to 61 I doubt it matters much.

If a team gets above 68 points they will get 4th, thats what I'm putting my neck on the line for here, everything else is secondary and considring we can get 69 points its still possible.

If we lose another one its probably gone, but not definitley.

Guest TK-421
As you well know it was supposed to be 81, but considering they are on course to 61 I doubt it matters much.

If a team gets above 68 points they will get 4th, thats what I'm putting my neck on the line for here, everything else is secondary and considring we can get 69 points its still possible.

If we lose another one its probably gone, but not definitley.

Open the pod bay doors please.

New to this forum, hello.

There is more chance of me nan doing a 300 with a skateboard that liverpool finishing 4th

win our 10 remaining games? the last time we even had back to back wins in the league is dec (QPR/VILLA...correct me if im wrong!?) so what evidence do you have to sugges this non-firing liverpool side can overcome a free scoring arsenal or a spurs team with a nice points cushion? oh and not to forget chelsea an newcastle who stand in our way before we even discuss arsenal/spurs!